Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Anyone With Problems, Please Read.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Re: Anyone With Problems, Please Read.

Postby Cab » Sun May 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Nix* seems to not properly recognize some monitors. Might be as simple as Setting the proper refresh rate. Most LCD Flatscreens only like one refresh rate. I usually have a issue on install untill I set the refresh rate on mine. thats the only thing I liked better with my old 19" CRT I could choose anything from 60hz to 120hz and it would work. The lcd like 50-60hz and thats it.
Mother Board: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO WIFI
CPU: AMD 2700X
Memory: 32GB CORSAIR PRO RGB @3200
Video Card: EVGA GTX1080 FTW
Hard Drives: 1TB Network Drive, 1TB 860 EVO SSD, 1TB 970 EVO M.2
I'm in Southern New Mexico, USA (not Mexico)
Cab
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby brute » Sun May 11, 2008 2:24 pm

I tried installing the Nvidia driver with Envy but get a crash report and it fails to install thru Envy, however, it will install thru restricted manager, but when I restart, look out! All those wonderful colors! I cannot even get into the adjustments to lower the refresh rate. Maybe there is something on the board it does not like. Seems like my brother has an elitegroup board and it would not run on his either. I like the board cause it has upgrade ability.
Well, let me know if you can come up with any ideas. I have another board ordered so I will try it also to see, and since it has an AGP slot, I am sure it will work with it, plus I can use my old trusty Nvidia 5600 card.
brute
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby cowboy » Sun May 11, 2008 5:09 pm

What kernel are you running..?
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby brute » Sun May 11, 2008 7:55 pm

What ever kernel that came out with Hardy 8.04. I have done no updates yet so I am guessing the release kernel, but I can check and see. I have been trying to fix another computer so I am on and off, but will check for sure.
brute
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby brute » Sun May 11, 2008 8:04 pm

The Kernel is 2.6.24-16 I just checked it.
brute
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby cowboy » Mon May 12, 2008 11:14 am

Have you done your upgrade? you should of gotten a few update..?
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby brute » Mon May 12, 2008 4:23 pm

Yep, did the update and upgrade. I installed newest version of envy and I get a crash report when I do auto find hardware. I can install it manually but looks like the same driver 169.12
I cannot even uninstall it now through the Envy terminal. I have never had this issue. 8200 Nvidia huh? Well, I guess I will keep diggin'
brute
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby DaddyX3 » Mon May 12, 2008 4:33 pm

brute- don't feel bad, I've been getting my ass handed to me quite a few times with envy lately. I first contributed it to their server being down or something, it finally just started to work after trying and trying .... don't have a clue why it just started working. Then did a fresh install again, and had the same problems over and over again. This time I figured it had something to do with the kernel upgrade. Did you run
Code: Select all
sudo envyng -g

in a terminal?
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby brute » Mon May 12, 2008 10:20 pm

No, I did not try that. I did use the restricted driver install through Ubuntu and the same exact thing happens. I am figuring that Nvidia is just not doing what they can to help us out. Like I said before, Windows runs perfect with it. In fact the board itself even boasts of Windows Vista, Blaa! I am not sure what the issue is, and I hate getting rid of the board, but I cannot live without Ultimate being installed. Just for kicks I tried the new Mint Beta, and it installed fine but cannot get it to reboot, so it may be a hardy issue in combination with Nvidia and my monitor, who knows. But I will tell you this, Envy has never failed me and since it says it cannot auto detect my card, well, that spells problems. If you find anything out let me know.
brute
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby SaddleTramp » Tue May 13, 2008 3:28 am

Hey ya'll. Sorry your having so much trouble there Brute. I'm still extremely new to *nix and am doing all I can to learn and (don't take this the wrong way) like seeing problems like this where I can do my own research and pick up even more on it. I've come across some things that ya'll may have already researched but I'll post just in case you haven't. I believe this goes along the same lines of having trouble with the kernals. Anyway, if this ends up being more waste of your time I apologize. But I really do hope it may help you.

1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/envy/+bug/226286
2. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... ost4873423
3. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=779716

I apologize again if this doesn't have anything to do with your problem or doesn't pan out
S'Tramp
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8