Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Anyone With Problems, Please Read.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Re: Anyone With Problems, Please Read.

Postby cowboy » Fri May 09, 2008 6:26 pm

I was trying to install Nvidia using envy, running a 8800gt oc card now..pulled out the radeon till crossfire is working correctly in Ultimate Edition.. :|
The problem using Envy?? I do not know for it crashed failing to install either an updated or use the same driver I had before this mess..and in the process it had uninstalled the driver..
So rebooted and started in the vesa mode..tried again...failure to install..crash
So tried to install using driver in Hardware Driver..rebooted and got even a bigger mess...
Am already reinstalled..just have to upgrade and update
Just was warning as each system is different..maybe not the way to go, for some... ;)

Damn it Twice I have done this, sorry for the edit v/s quote:

Wow, I now stand corrected... I will let you know ATI is a problem child of a card, If I had not gave my cards to the ol lady, excuse the terms I use them lightly, would be back in my machine... I fight from the snap to install Ultimate Edition and now understand what users go though, my screen flickers until I can click envyng, it is the battle of which card goes to the screen... Piss poor ATI and now AMD's handywork... the 8800 is the worst supported card minus a, I think 5200 nvidia 99% of the time w/o a hitch, I will let you know cab has a 8800, there are many posts on this board for that card. I see hardware on a heavy level & hate ATI, but had no choice at the time. I am hoping AMD to endure and eat ATI's tab, they bought them after all. AMD is fully supportive, ATI a joke, I hope to see a change.

I will not BS you if I have to I will call that to happen, I see over 1/3 a million a month frontpage that, I will not play... How long do you think it will take for AMD to "get their nose into ATI's grindstone", they bought them right? Sure this board bottom of the barrel, lets strip it across all sites... Bad publicity I am sure was the last thing they wanted to see... I will w/o a doubt make a change. I have said in the past I would own #1 position in google did it happen? I will say no more this eve. AMD/ATI better hit it now, I will not play I will start a campaign.

TheeMahn
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Zero Prime » Fri May 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Wow, now that really sucks.
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
Windows 7 64bit / Ultimate Edition 2.5
AMD Phenom 945 3.0Ghz Quad core
Foxconn A7GM-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI
HIS ATI 4670 1Gig
6GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Seagate 250gig HD
Thermaltake Xaser V case
Zero Prime
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby cowboy » Fri May 09, 2008 6:50 pm

I am not upset one bit..would not of known about the reduction of performance (with the new kernel) if I had not of been checking the install of the different cards...ATI or Nvidia..and really can not compare that either for the cards where in a way different price structure..
"Back up your Data"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Mushkin SSD coming soon
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Fri May 09, 2008 7:02 pm

cowboy wrote:I am not upset one bit..would not of known about the reduction of performance if I had not of been checking the install of the different cards...ATI vs Nvidia..and really can not compare that either for the cards where in a way different price structure..

Sorry 4 editing u v/s quote, the results you will like watch & see. I will give them 30 days to incorporate crossfire, they are then hit, I do feel a deadline is in order. I want all to understand, I as a programmer, they have tons more resources then me to A. fix it or B. I use my power to "make" it get fixed. I hope you can all understand this I do nothing, but try and make problems go away for you. I have been going through fixing others software I AM 1 MAHN... It is not my job...

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby cowboy » Fri May 09, 2008 7:17 pm

I edited the comment..it is not about the cards..it was about the drop in performance whether it be either one..with the 2.6.24-17 kernel, my board is set up for crossfire...i'd be happy.. :|
"Back up your Data"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Mushkin SSD coming soon
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Fri May 09, 2008 7:31 pm

cowboy wrote:I edited the comment..it is not about the cards..it was about the drop in performance whether it be either one..with the 2.6.24-17 kernel, my board is set up for crossfire...i'd be happy.. :|

You have the same board as me, once set crossfire (linux) you will understand, in windows fast and only 2 imagine 4, this is support. they blow off *nix, they will wake up, watch & see when I say I will own #1 for term this term that am I not always right? I did take down m$, think about it... If I set my mind at it all changes, I am trying to allow them sales to continue, after that a bust in the chops. They have 30 days, then I will be #1, for nothing,but to take down the next giant.

A pretty heavy statement, overall results are just that... Haven't checked, but I am sure 1/2 a mill a month overall, of course minus mirrors. Doing noting, but getting larger sorry AMD, should researched into non taking care of people ATI, this is your new job... If anyone questions me I will drop screenshots. I like this forum, it is the only chance I can 1 on one, with people, I can see a bigger picture of "what" I can do. If I "honestly" tried take it all., be glad I am not out for myself. I have owned 10 of top 10 on google, msn as well as yahoo for the terms I use and do not use blackhat tactics.

SEO and a new understanding...

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby brute » Fri May 09, 2008 10:11 pm

I have a major problem. Just did a recent build and I cannot get any Ubuntu based Distro to even run live! I keep getting a busybox error or notification. Is this linked to the Kernel?
I am using an ECS GF8200A board 4400 AMD 64x2 Sata Hard drive Viewsonic VX1940W.
This is the first time I have received this message or error. And when I use Feisty based distros including Ultimate I get a Ubuntu running in low graphics mode and I can not start it either. Also I noticed, I did get gOS to load in safe graphics mode, but when I check install it cannot find my hard drive nor any partitions at all. I used G parted 2.2 I believe and it sees hard drive and I can create partitions with it, but not Ubuntu based distros, go figure.
Well, if anybody can help or have had this happen to you, let me know what you did to straighten it out, or if a kernel update will fix it. :ugeek:
brute
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby kiwinsn » Fri May 09, 2008 11:02 pm

Hi brute

I had the same problem.

The answer lies in your ide cable from your dvd drive to your motherboard.

It must be an 80 strand cable, not 40 strand (sorry...I don't know the exact term).

Once I changed my cable, the live DVD ran and installation was smooth as silk.....apart from my sound problems but that's another story.

According to Baphomet, the cable is about $5 (I assume that's USD)...I'm in New Zealand so they are a bit more expensive....but I had one in a drawer anyway.

Try that and let us know how you got on.

Cheers
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby brute » Fri May 09, 2008 11:26 pm

I can try the cable, but I use these all the time and they work on everything else. What about the partition editor once in Ubuntu, did yours see the partitions for install?

Mine did not see any partitions at all, in fact it said no device found. I thought maybe it was a sata problem with the hard drive, since parted magic2.2 sees it and the others don't.

I will look in to your cable thing and see what happens.
Thanks
brute
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby kiwinsn » Fri May 09, 2008 11:33 pm

I think I may have jumped in too soon.

I don't use sata...I have IDE and it was the IDE cable that was my problem.

Apologies if I misled you.
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8