Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

new way for run without install

A place to make suggestions...

new way for run without install

Postby electronro » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:32 pm

I can't run uu iso from hdd putting initrd and vmlinuz in grub....and can't copy casper to hd cose it reports to have 16,277,216 Tb!!!UU have so many soft and today's trend is to can put it on a stik and make it portable.I use from many years sistems (they hawent so much soft and i have to install :( ) without install only booting iso and rw or aufs .On the other hand installing a sistem from iso from hdd and not from DVD takes only 1 min or 2.On the other hand the experience with iso from hdd is like with an installed sistem or better ( the booting time is less than on installed sistem)!if u make a sistem that boots from DVD and search the iso on hdd and if it found boot it,and an option to "frugal install" will be better cose first experience and usability of sistem will be wide.
electronro
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Re: new way for run without install

Postby DarkChild » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:11 pm

electronro wrote:I can't run uu iso from hdd putting initrd and vmlinuz in grub....and can't copy casper to hd cose it reports to have 16,277,216 Tb!!!UU have so many soft and today's trend is to can put it on a stik and make it portable.I use from many years sistems (they hawent so much soft and i have to install :( ) without install only booting iso and rw or aufs .On the other hand installing a sistem from iso from hdd and not from DVD takes only 1 min or 2.On the other hand the experience with iso from hdd is like with an installed sistem or better ( the booting time is less than on installed sistem)!if u make a sistem that boots from DVD and search the iso on hdd and if it found boot it,and an option to "frugal install" will be better cose first experience and usability of sistem will be wide.

Hello electronro & welcome to Ultimate Edition Forum.

First of all i must say that i don't understand what your really trying to get across outside the fact that your saying that there are too much application bundled with Ultimate Edition Install ISO!! If the additional application bother/causing you any inconvenience i will suggest that you use a Ubuntu or a lighter version of Linux. I am not trying to stir you away from Ultimate Edition, but to just enlighten you that there are other alternative/flavors of linux out there that are much lighter than Ultimate Edition if that is what you want it the sense making your machine boot faster & making the ISO portable!! Ultimate Edition was built with the consideration of members/users in mind, bundling the the os with some of the most/best/common tools/applications out there that will make life/task much easier!! Sorry if i make you feel like i am steering away from Ultimate Edition distro but we can't please everybody. I am very sure that Ultimate Edition distribution makes alot of users around the world very happy just the way it is as we always try to do the impossible in bundling & making the OS the best way possible with the end user in mind!!
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby electronro » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:33 am

I am happy that uu have so much soft!It's the cause for wich i want to use it ....but i dont want to install it to hdd cose this form of use is perimate!its more simple to run an iso from hdd and all changes in sistem to be stored in a separate folder and if hapens somthing can boot the iso without the changes ...or make many injstalations" rw folders and only 1 iso.many people dont understand this :) .google aufs ,fll,unionrw....
electronro
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:28 am

Hello electronro.

Why not install the file - ISO in Virtualbox?
I think it gives you a very good solution to all your questions here.
You can assign 20 GB of virtual drive,
And you Can benefit from giving you the ultimate system.
Then you actually saves the problem of your sizes .
Convenient and simple to run when you work with Virtualbox Ultimate Edition
you can use my Guide for HOW TO install system in Virtualbox:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3381

good luck.
Admin-Amir

Postby electronro » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:59 am

Thx for the advice but u have ever tryed to set up a virtualbox conection betven machines to can share folders?.....and why use another soft wich is slow and slow down the machine....if its a waj to fast booting faster than instaled!!!i want to use uu like it was instaled but without the install emerging the advantages of a live sistem with one wich is installed.Its hard to understand still u dont try once.i only give an ideea to make better the uu,to cause a better first experience and a better way to "install",a more secure sistem and easy to mantain or modify.The average user dont understand what i mean,this post is for those who make the sistem and scripts.
electronro
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby electronro » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:33 am

1-i'm not a spammer
2-i don't ofense anybody
3-i come here with a realy qestion and i get nothing at subject.
4-again short my qestion-how can i boot the Ultimate Edition.ISO from grub?why is reporting sistem that casper have 16,000,000.Tbit when i unpak ISO?In the future will be available an usb-UE(portable) or how can i put it on an usb stick...i think installed Ultimate Edition have 7-8 Gb but on a stick must use image boot for space reasons.
5-I want to use Ultimate Edition cose hawe all the soft instaled , except krusader , xdtv and avidemux.
electronro
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Moebius » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi electronro,
As you probably already know, Ultimate Edition 2.3 is based on Ubuntu 9.04 - so ideally, whatever works for Ubuntu 9.04 should also work with Ultimate Edition 2.3. If you have access to Windows, you may wish to follow the guide available here:
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/usb-ubuntu ... l-windows/

This should allow you to install Ultimate Edition 2.3 on a flash stick with ´persistance´ - meaning you can save changes.

Hopefully this may help.
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby electronro » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:46 am

Thank you Moebius for link,i'll try...if i remember i hawe somwhere on hdd a win part :lol: for arheological things :lol:
electronro
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Moebius » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:17 am

electronro wrote:Thank you Moebius for link,i'll try...if i remember i hawe somwhere on hdd a win part :lol: for arheological things :lol:

Youŕe welcome.
Post back and let us know how it went. :)

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby electronro » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:08 am

Now i'm on Ultimate Edition iso runing from hd .I find the cheatcode iso-scan/filename=/Ultimate Edition.iso...I put initrd and vmlinux in grub:title ue23 fromiso
root (hd0,6)
kernel /vmlinuz boot=casper iso-scan/filename=/uu23.iso persist=/uurw screen=1024x768 noeject quiet vga=791
initrd /initrd.gz
it works and now im testing how can i make persistent changes .If someoane can help me <BREW>
electronro
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Next

Return to Suggestions