Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

the perfect distro for me

A place to make suggestions...

the perfect distro for me

Postby kyriakos » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:58 pm

i think the ultimate edition is the best linux answer as complete windows alternative to a new (or not) windows switcher like me some things i would like to see in the 2.1 release is to see some basic problems i had with ultimate edition 2 to get them out of my way like my synchronization with my windows mobile htc diamond phone and my webcam support!!! so thats the thing i would love to see in the ultamatix some kind of software like synce and opensynce so i can synchronize my windows mobile cell phone htc !!! and maybe support for microdia webcams (sn9c202 my one) thats my biggest worries there are drivers on a google group called microdia group but i have no idea how ill do it so it will be preferred if was a program like easycam2 with my drivers for the clique hue hd (microdia sn9c202)
i had some problems with gecko... when i tried to open photoshop or other applications wine was telling me everytime to install gecko mozzila engine but the html was disabled cause wine couldnt find mozzila... so no photoshop for me in ultimate so my resolution till now is to have 2 hdd one windows and one ultimate.... if i could have this 3 things the synce the webcam and the gecko fixed then i have no reason to go to windows...
some other features applications that they worth considering are: cairo dock, cinepaint because is the only editor with 24 bit color depth much higher than the 8-16 bit other programs are offering , xnviewmp because accepts 8bf plugins from photoshop!!!, gphoto2 so i can use my canon camera as webcam !!!! just some of the things i like to see in the new release to be perfect!!!! maybe i ask to much
kyriakos
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: the perfect distro for me

Postby pch.shot » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:28 pm

I guess you should put together a list of your demands(take hostages if you have to) and we will get back to you.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Re: the perfect distro for me

Postby kyriakos » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:25 am

im sorry i think im in the suggestions section or not? i just suggest what will be great for me to see in the perfect distro . thats some things that they will stop me going on windows to do stuff. and i guess many people are new in linux-world like me after the big rise the last years and they would like to make their life easier for things that they use everyday like for me photoshop plugins and synchronize my cell phone with my pc. to play some games is nice but for me is more essential to have my cell phone synced with my pc.
thank u . i wasnt trying to demand i just suggest . sorry if i sound rude with my previous suggestion. i realy do like what theemahn is doing with the ultimate and ultamatix thats why im using it and i really think he is filling many gaps between ubuntu and windows for a windows switcher like me so this is making easier the change from the one os to the other.
kyriakos
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Return to Suggestions