Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Anyone With Problems, Please Read.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Re: Anyone With Problems, Please Read.

Postby vinca » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:55 pm

malcolms wrote:hello I have a problem loading new video drivers for my Asus 8400gs. I installed the drivers using instructions form the Ubuntu forum site. After install I lost my wireless drivers dlink1320 card. Your instructions do not use the new 64bit drivers. Can I just change the file name and use yours. Envy does not have the proper drivers for my card. Also could you explain the GUI method. I am very new to linux any help would be appreciated.

Video drivers, 64 or 32, should always been done through EnvyNG. Applications>System Tools>EnvyNG. go to nvidia, choose automatic. Unfortunately, your drivers must have been lost due to editing of the xorg.conf. Type
Code: Select all
sudo nautilus /etc/X11
and see if there are any backups that might contain your old network settings. otherwise, post back with your model number and mebbe what guide/method you used earlier. ;)
Vinca... aka BIG V

http://www.scienceprousa.com
Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Intel Core2Duo E6300 oced to 2.2 ghz
Radeon x1600
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x 250 gb western digital hard drives soon to be in raid
all on ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

~Energy and persistence conquer all things~ -Ben Franklin
vinca
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:21 am

If I may add something to Vinca's post ....
I wouldn't go as far as to say that you should "always" use Envy to install drivers, but it is a pretty simple task to do and for the most part it works out well.

Second thing I wanted to offer up is what you can do if you find a backup in your /etc/X11 directory.
If you see something like: 'xorg.conf_08565209900012' or something of the sort, you have a back up file of your xorg.conf. You can decipher (not by my example) the latest backup if there are multiples because the numbers are actually a date/time format of when the backup was made. If you found one in there you can make your system go back to using it by typing this in a terminal:
sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf_yourbackupnumbers /etc/X11/xorg.conf

this will reinstall your backup file by changing the name back to the original 'xorg.conf' . Once you do this you can just simply reboot and your xorg.conf file will be back the way it was.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby leohaywire » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:44 pm

Hey Guys I am having problems with Flash crashing Firefox on ultimate 1.8 32bit. Seems to be a firefox thing. Any solutions would be appreciated.
leohaywire
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby deate » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:12 pm

leohaywire wrote:Hey Guys I am having problems with Flash crashing Firefox on ultimate 1.8 32bit. Seems to be a firefox thing. Any solutions would be appreciated.

Perhaps here...forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=11512 -
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby leohaywire » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:47 pm

forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=11512 can't seem to get a link goin for this Any other suggestions. Everything else is superb except the annoying firefox crashes. I.m using ultimate 1.6 now for the time being. At least firefox 2 is stable. Thanks Deate
leohaywire
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DaddyX3 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:11 am

leohaywire wrote:forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=11512 can't seem to get a link goin for this Any other suggestions. Everything else is superb except the annoying firefox crashes. I.m using ultimate 1.6 now for the time being. At least firefox 2 is stable. Thanks Deate

Remove firefox 3 and install firefox 2:
sudo apt-get remove firefox firefox-3.0 firefox-3.0-dev firefox-3.0-gnome-support
sudo apt-get install firefox-2 firefox-2-gnome-support

If you want to install custom firefox themes after the transition you will have to delete the old .mozilla folder in your /home directory. You can do this by either navigating to its location with nautilus (it is a hidden file- so hit cntrl+H to see it and then delete it completely (it will replace and regenerate itself when you start firefox). Or you can just use a terminal command like:
sudo rm -r /home/yourusername/.mozilla

Hope this helps you out ;)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby leohaywire » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:24 pm

Well it did get rid of firefox 3 but firefox 2 won't give me my add-ons from ff 3. No problem though. I decided to go back to Ultimate Edition 1.7 anyway. I loved that one the best!!! Maybe when ff gets ff3 straighted out I'll redo Ultimate Edition 1.8 No biggie Thanks for all your help guys not anyones fault about bugs. Any flavor Ultimate beats the rest hands down.
leohaywire
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby triniclemist90 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:50 pm

Hi. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I am having several problems. I have used ubuntu but decided to move to ultimate edition. For whatever reason I cannot play any flash videos. I already have flash player non-free installed but with no effect. When I went to youtube on ubuntu 8.04 it would give me the option to install and then work. On this, it doesn't give me an option and it doesn't work. Also, for whatever reason it won't let me switch desktops in the bottom right. It's just locked to the first one. When I try to enable the 3d box it does nothing, and the water effect shows water droplets but hides all windows and does it on a black screen. I had all these things working on ubuntu but for whatever cannot get it to work on ultimate. Also, on the regular ubuntu, when I first join a wireless network it asks to save akeychain but this doesn't and I have to login to my network every time. Does anyone have any solutions to these? I really want to keep using ultimate edition but I need flash player to work. The other's are something I want to work but can live without if there is no way to get them to work

thanks for the help and your great ubuntu distro,
alex
Sony Vaio Laptop
2x Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.00 GHz
2054 MB of RAM
I believe it has a 256 MB graphics card
Macbook Pro
2x Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.5 GHz 6 mb L2 Cache
2 gigs of ram
512 mb graphics card
triniclemist90
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.1 32 BIT

Postby SaddleTramp » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:25 pm

Howdy trin & Welcome to Ultimate Edition!! As Angel said (Thanks Ang ;) ) if you have gnash installed, removing will prolly clear that video prob up.

For Compiz:
1. Make sure you have "Visual Effects - Extra" enabled under "Change Desktop Settings"
2. Fusion Icon enabled and visible on the top bar (on right side)
3. Set to 4 desktops (Thanks again Ang :mrgreen: ) You can either right click on desktop bottom right corner and set in Prefs, or right click on Fusion Icon, go into Prefs or Settings (don't remember right off) then under General, then Display I think (but you prolly already know all that cuz ya had it workin' before ;) )
4. Check the rest of your settings in Compiz you've had set before

For wireless:
1. You'll havta wait for one of our wireless gurus to come in (shouldn't be to long) Myself, don't have/need/want wireless ;)

Hope this gets things goin' for ya at least up to the wireless deal anywho.. :mrgreen: 8-)
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby triniclemist90 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:14 am

Thanks SattleTramp and Angel. I now have both the 3d effects working correctly and youtube. For some reason i ended up losing my sound and wifi so i reinstalled and everything is fine, except that i have to sign into my wireless network every time.

thanks again,
alex
Sony Vaio Laptop
2x Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.00 GHz
2054 MB of RAM
I believe it has a 256 MB graphics card
Macbook Pro
2x Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.5 GHz 6 mb L2 Cache
2 gigs of ram
512 mb graphics card
triniclemist90
U.E. Newbie