Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

A few things about Ultimate Edition 3.2

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 3.2

Re: A few things about Ultimate Edition 3.2

Postby ingeon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Just downloaded UE3.2x64 (+integrity check) and cant install or use the live distro. The live disk boots and I can move the mouse around
but cannot select anything. I managed to launch calculator with a short cut key and could operate with
keyboard only. And I just formatted my UE2.9x64 :?

Ps. Got it installed. It appears to have been Compiz (directly after loading in, right click Compiz Fusion Icon and swapping 'windows manager'
from Compiz to Metacity solved the problem)
Must say 3.2 is one of the nicest looking so far visually interms of logo design, login screens etc.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
MSI P45 Neo-F (MS-7519)
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 460
Microsoft SideWinder X5 Mouse
Microsoft Natural Multimedia keyboard
4 x Transcend TXQLU-4GK 2048 MB
LG GHLS10 DVD
5 x SATA HDD
Roccat Kave Headset USB + true 5.1
Dual boot Win7x64 & UE2.9x64 last 6months+

2.9 works right? 3.2 is a work in progress. What will 3.3 yield?
Last edited by ingeon on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ingeon
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:03 pm

teruble wrote:Thanks for modifcations. I too HATE Unity. 3.2 Works Great for me so far. I use the default desktop Gnome. Thanks again.

If you intend to utilise it as such, i highly recommend you stay there. What do i mean when I say that? Stay and live in a Gnome enviroment @ least for now.

I am not happy about it either, I will change it all when I am done. I change O/S's err can in less then a minute. My job sux believe it. My fault? That is the #1 thing to think about.

This grabs me, 100,000 downloads.... I am not bullet-proof. a minuscule repercussion.

Wait until you see where I go with it.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby dragonfly » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi everyone, I haven't been on the forums for awhile. I have been using Ultimate Edition 2.9 up till now and had no reason to upgrade. However I downloaded and installed 3.2. The download went well but I had to try the installation twice. I got an "Installation Crash" report and a request for a bug report. I did the bug report and tried the installation again. This time everything went perfect and I now have the best OS I could ever imagine. I had to install libdvdcss2 to get movies to play but that is normal.
All I can say is THANK YOU to all concerned. Ultimate Edition is still the absolute best OS.
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby mcoolin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 am

Well I installed Ultimate edition 64 and 32 this weekend. Gotta say I love the looks and eye candy.

What a super looking distro, best of the bunch, I've tried most of them (fedora,centos,redhat,arch,debian,.....). Now I run 4 machines at home with Ultimate Edition 3.2.

My single biggest complaint is the lack of volume control in the upper right controls. And conky in 32 bit version does not appear to work.

I have some preferences about window controls that I did customize. I did not like the defaults but it was easy to change.

Wireless printing was a breeze.

A wishlist item would be a command search like (god forbid Unity) which makes it easy to find things like update manager. Also adding screen saver would be nice as linux I think has some of the nicest. And I would like a way to turn of the screen blanking. The setting don't seem to be getting it done.

I use my platforms mostly for development, but I run lots of other software. I got me a new desktop!!!

I should note that the upgrade process has pauses in the script which unless you open the terminal window you won't progress at all due to the upgrade waiting for input. I experienced this twice on my 64 bit machines

Well done!!!
mcoolin
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.2