Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

College and Win7

Free discussion on anything Microsoft

College and Win7

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:02 pm

I started College almost a year ago, as to obtain a new career in Business Information Technology. The College I attend really adhere's and seems to almost worship Windows 7. I don't hate Windows 7, but I felt if I just learned all procedures with only MS could I always be effective for the career I am pursuing? My opinion is "No Way!" I have seen some businesses running anything but MS! So I have a strong sense it would be detrimental to my education to only reside with Windows. For almost 6 months now, I have observed many operating systems.
Finally, I have been delving into the most interesting area, which is Linux. Never before have I seen the amount of Genius and Intelligence that goes into getting these OS's to function! Microsoft charges for any piece of learning, while Linux has Open Source which is freedom for people as myself to obtain a good education. Sure MS does have the Dreamspark program which is great for us "College" students, but what about those that can't afford College? Is not right in my opinion! If it weren't for my TRA benefits from working with GM, I would be out of luck for the training I am receiving. There are many people out there, that are less fortunate than myself and Linux embraces them into a world of learning! So yes I have a deep respect for Linux.
I do have a beef with Windows though as they became so greedy with Win7 that 2 users in the same household can't use the same disk. No, they have to have seperate serial numbers through buying another license. I am a victim of this! After spending over $700 to build new computers and a Win7 disk, I was broke. After assembling the computers for my wife and myself, I installed Win7. After I installed on hers, I recieved the message it was illegal. Upon calling MS, I was told I would have to purchase a second license. Cost of the license was a staggering $200. Of course we ran hers illegally leaving it with the nag messages. Then I got tired of the nags and moved on to look for a new OS. Hers became legal after I abandoned Win7! Has been the adventure of a lifetime and wouldn't trade it for nothing. I really feel I will be more useful with all the knowledge I have gained from running different OS's. Also has me more curious on learning development! I feel like I landed in the proper school on Ultimate Edition and really appreciate the fact it is here! Also, want to say thanks to Oracle and its Virtualbox, I can run the programs required by my college and only see the nags from Win 7 here and there! Also is perfect to see many new OS's and learn their styles, is truly amazing all and am really grateful we all don't think the same way!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: College and Win7

Postby onosendai58 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:22 pm

All true. I use Win7 mainly, simply because I'm a PC gamer. While I'm already there I just use it. I have nothing against any OS that does what I need.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Return to Windows