Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.6.1

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

Ultimate Edition 2.6.1

Postby ilamythest » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:16 pm

Like millions of others, I am a huge TheeMahn fan and an avid follower of Ultimate Edition, and have been since version 1.6. And I desperately want to download and install Ultimate 2.6.1 64bit.......(having been running windows 7 recently) I have downloaded it 3 times, burned it three different times, md5 checks out........burn verifies good, but on install it gets to 46% and errors out every time...............what am I doing wrong? computer specs are I have an amd athlon dual core processor, 4 gig memory, nvidia graphics, a 320 gb hard drive partitioned for dual boot with Ultimate Edition and Win7, and a 1TB for storage. Please help........I really want to use this OS.
ilamythest
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.6.1

Postby gjringo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:38 pm

:o :o :o :cry: :cry: :cry: exact ditto for me! I don`t think you are doing anything in error because I have the same result. I have downloaded the iso twice with md5sums checking OK both times.Burnt iso image to dvd, slow <x4 via k3b;put on usb using unetbootin run from pmagic5.7 and also put on usb via start up disk creator from the live UE2.6.1 x86_64 dvd and repeated usb installs with the second downloaded iso image.All attempted installs errored out at 46%with the read/write error. I have since installed another OS to a different partition without error so I know the usb and unetbootin app is OK.I have always thought my cd/dvd drive was at fault but managed to use it anyway with persistance(cleaning retying etc). Hopefully some happy helpfull hint may be forthcoming (eg. a trick boot parameter or?) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The powers of financial capitalism had [a] far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."
Carroll Quigley, 'Tragedy and Hope'

KUBUNTU : 13.10
OS4 OpenLinux 13.7 KDE
nOS 1.5
Intel P45 Quad 9550 @2.83GHz
Intergrated Audio-Realtek ALC888 4GB DDR2
WD 500GB main drive WD320GB external drive
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 1024MB
BenQ G2410 HD display Altec Lansing 5.1 sound
2 Cor 13:14
gjringo
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:56 pm

I am ripping it down, Bnjamin_breeg said he had the exact same issue same % NTL. I assumed a bad disk / burn. He took a USB stick loaded with it and installed 100% (one of the local beta testers that called me and said ship it). I will have to look into it in greater detail. My apologies, I will build it again and test it on DVD. What do they say about assuming? I guess I brought in the new year wrong. I do not test on DVD medium I would go through a 1000 dvd's a month. Around here it is is much faster / beneficial to load a USB stick & I assure you if you load it on a USB stick it will finish.

That is not the point, I will fix whatever ails it. I apologize once again to the ~600 ppl that downloaded it. Thank God Distrowatch did not pick us up (I have password protected the post & ripped it off sourceforge, so should not happen). I am betting it was to due to replacing the kernel with the newest and ripping the original out (which is very beneficial as seen here & first time I have ever done so on any release it is very heavy). Ubiquity probably has a setting in it to point to the old kernel at 46% and can not find the old associated kernel. I do not understand what the difference it makes in the USB side, but will investigate & learn.

Once again I apologize, and will test it on both mediums next release. To me it is worth it, it is flawless once installed. I will make it right.

Sorry & thanks for being a TheeMahn fan. I am also sorry, I do not know everything & not perfect ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:30 pm

gjringo wrote::o :o :o :cry: :cry: :cry: exact ditto for me! I don`t think you are doing anything in error because I have the same result. I have downloaded the iso twice with md5sums checking OK both times.Burnt iso image to dvd, slow <x4 via k3b;put on usb using unetbootin run from pmagic5.7 and also put on usb via start up disk creator from the live UE2.6.1 x86_64 dvd and repeated usb installs with the second downloaded iso image.All attempted installs errored out at 46%with the read/write error. I have since installed another OS to a different partition without error so I know the usb and unetbootin app is OK.I have always thought my cd/dvd drive was at fault but managed to use it anyway with persistance(cleaning retying etc). Hopefully some happy helpfull hint may be forthcoming (eg. a trick boot parameter or?) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow, this makes me rethink. Perhaps I should unload the USB stick to an ISO and see if MD5sum's match. I may have uploaded the wrong Ultimate Edition 2.6.1, I have built it 1000's of times, it is hard to keep track of these things. Let's test the theory:
test1.png
We load Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 to a usb stick, 2.9 sits on the burner again. The same is sitting on the server, at least ours, no longer sourceforge.

test2.png
Incase I get the hammer ;) I am bouncing back to re-build. Regardlessly will happen. 2.6.1 or be it 2.6.

yup.png
You are right... I do not like to not have some entertainment while installing ;)

hmm.png
Where is my issue?

I uploaded the wrong release. No problem, I will rebuild it from the ground up again. I still have the software I wrote. As it sits now, I could rebuild it and even before I have the first pushed to the net the second is in queue. brb installing 2.6 my 2.9 is history ;)
102.png
104% and conky is different, when I am done you will feel the love. I am sorry, I made a mistake.

I work for you understand that.
gonein2.6.1.png
I want you to also understand you do not see this in 2.6.1 Among many other things I have fixed / enhanced.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby billhedrick » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:02 am

I am running 2.6.1 (64) right now. I had no trouble d/loading burning and installing.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:09 am

billhedrick wrote:I am running 2.6.1 (64) right now. I had no trouble d/loading burning and installing.

USB or DVD? brb, I am going to install it USB first if I see it go through will burn it and take the same steps.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby billhedrick » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:21 am

I burnt a DVD and installed it with no issues
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby gjringo » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:11 am

Thanks for being on the ball with your response I really appreciate it. you are TheeMahn. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: But don`t forget to have a Kit Kat n smell the roses ;)
"The powers of financial capitalism had [a] far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."
Carroll Quigley, 'Tragedy and Hope'

KUBUNTU : 13.10
OS4 OpenLinux 13.7 KDE
nOS 1.5
Intel P45 Quad 9550 @2.83GHz
Intergrated Audio-Realtek ALC888 4GB DDR2
WD 500GB main drive WD320GB external drive
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 1024MB
BenQ G2410 HD display Altec Lansing 5.1 sound
2 Cor 13:14
gjringo
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:52 am

Let's open Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 for business to forum users b4 the world & a new tool to boot ;)
2.6.1.png
Unetbootin Ultimate Edition Style.

Will download Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 for you and load it to a USB stick (actually Ultimate Edition 2.6 - Ultimate Edition 2.8 including lite & all gamers).
down.png
Down it comes.

Release Name: Linux unetbootin; Ultimate Edition style
Version: 494
Download: 64 Bit download, 32 Bit download

Release Name: Windows & Linux unetbootin; Ultimate Edition style (non installable)
Version: 494
Download: Download

It will give you a chance to preview the proposed Ultimate Edition 2.9 theme:
29.png
Proposed Ultimate Edition 2.9 theme.

No USB stick? No problem.

Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 - more then a maintenance release.

I felt since Ubuntu drops maintenance releases. IE 10.04.1, it is Long Term Support (LTS), for us to to do likewise. I do not look for there to be a Ultimate Edition 2.6.2, for a lack of a better word I feel is perfect. For my perceivable future I intend to run this O/S, not that there is anything wrong with Ultimate Edition 2.8. Amazing how many bugs get squashed shortly after a "final release", a few I have personally implemented. I am thinking Ultimate Edition 2.9 only to run momentarily as I build it. Why some may ask? I am not a KDE mahn and prefer stability ;)

If I was currently running Ultimate Edition 2.6, would I run out and snag 2.6.1? If I was happy with my current O/S absolutely not, the only real gain would be the "fixes", updates and upgrades, which you have probably already downloaded & installed through your update manager. If I somehow managed to whack my O/S 2.6.1 would be the logical answer. I now take this back, after seeing what it now does. Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 was built off 10.04.1 a total re-build. It will be my main O/S until at the very minimum Ultimate Edition 3.0.

I unleashed the below on the forum users & many loved it, however what we have now is a multitude better. A complete re-build from the ground up & why the great delay. I can not stress how much better Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 is over 2.6.

Well on to the details, what is Ultimate Edition 2.6.1? Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 is a Long Term Supported (LTS) release. Changes in Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 v/s Ultimate Edition 2.6 are as follows:

Updates / Upgrades:
  • 10.04.1 is the base of the build, many fixes and upgrades pre and post applied.
  • Kernel 2.6.32-27 (rebuild of vmlinuz and initrd.lz & purged all older kernels)
  • All Ultimate Edition based themes rebuilt and replaced (this will add gigs of additional space to the O/S in the future)

Bug Fixes:
  • Cursor / Compiz issue
  • Broken repository removed
  • Removed wine-doors (broken)
  • Fixed metapackage
  • Fixed progressbar going beyond 100%

Additional Software:
  • Ailurus
  • Imagination
  • Cairo clock
  • Miro
  • Moovida
  • Exaile
  • Conky script
  • Samba
  • Gphpedit
  • Chromium browser
  • Sound juicer
  • Rip off
  • Ultimate Edition 2.8 theme (Ultimate Edition 2.6 theme remains default)
  • Ultimate Edition 2.9 theme (proposed)

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 LTS
Architecture: x86 (32 bit)
Codebase: Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Ubuntu 10.04.1 Lucid Lynx)
Environment(s): Gnome
Filesize: 2.4 GB (2,573,973,504 bytes)
MD5SUM: 6cbcfd7f0fe0a05827e47fd604205cfe

Download: 32 Bit

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 LTS
Architecture: x64 (64 bit)
Codebase: Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Ubuntu 10.04.1 Lucid Lynx)
Environment(s): Gnome
Filesize: 2.5 GB (2,657,875,968 bytes)
MD5SUM: 3cff444b22486be2dfc0c5c49c08bf40

Download: 64 Bit

I have also re-wrote the conky-builder it executes on bootup and generates as per your hardware (does not autorun conky itself, I leave that up to the end user). I love eyecandy.

I am going to make this a global post and point a link here for the reason of the delay. Thanks gentlemen for bringing it to my attention.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby geordiejohn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:59 am

hello i am downloading the 64 bit version and will install it on my Acer Aspire 5536 laptop,i am using Ultimate Edition 2.8 at the moment,is the 2.6.1 the latest release or should i wait for 2.9 ?
sorry if i do not understand about all the different versions but what i read on the forum says 2.6.1 is the best version to run with,i was using Pepermint Ice before but i am giving Ultimate a good try out.
thank you very much.
Acer Aspire 5536
Screen 15.6 inch Glossy HD LED 1366 x 768
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 3200
Processor AMD Turion 64 X 2 Dual Core RM-74 @ 2.2 GHz
Memory 4GB
Hard disk 500GB
Battery Battery has been checked and holds roughly 20 Mins charge.
Optical drive DVD/RW
Operating system Windows Vista Home Premium
Webcam Yes
Card reader Yes
WiFi Yes
Extras Power supply
Ports 4 x USB, LAN, VGA, HDMI, Modem
geordiejohn
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Next

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!