Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Network shares off Samba/Microsoft Exchange

Discuss *nix based Software here

Network shares off Samba/Microsoft Exchange

Postby dougal » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:46 am

Recently our IT department has decided to change all paths to Network Shares to 'streamline' things...
Well now my Ultimate Edition can't connect to the shares.
Because the IT department is primarily Windows driven they are taking their time to help (or plain ignoring my requests).
I have hopefully attached a screenshot of settings that almost work https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ZB62QfZKRWM/TyPQSIEiTdI/AAAAAAAAACc/s97Y9I_xcWs/h120/Server+settings+almost.png
This is the closest I get to a clean looking path to the Share - if I leave out the Domain name.
I have always been told to leave out the 'Share' TextBox input and I have not needed it in the past.
With the information provided I should only have to give my Domain password to connect.
Has anyone any ideas? Are there any Network gurus out there?
I have a feeling that the Share TextBox now needs information but, what? The full path to the folder perhaps (without including the actual folder). I have also tried the full path including the folder in the 'Folder' TextBox but, still get an error message.
A typical error message is https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-qVqNf9qYZ-o/TyPR2KVxFcI/AAAAAAAAACk/zxjCG0OWlfI/h120/Server+settings+error.png

I look forward to any comments.
Thanks in advance, your ever friendly...
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Re: Network shares off Samba/Microsoft Exchange

Postby dougal » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:59 am

Well I have attached and added the first file so here goes:
Attachments
Server settings almost.png
Server settings almost.png (51.9 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
dougal
Site Admin

Postby dougal » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:02 am

Wow, neat. Okay I'll add the second one now too. Trust me not to see the 'Upload attachment' tab before. It makes things so easy. How do we get our images to look beter in the post?
Attachments
Server settings error.png
ImageImage

dougal
Site Admin

Postby dougal » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:03 am

Never mind, I can see we have limited space in the post window. I'll try something later to experiment with.

Thanks for any help you can now give with the Network shares problem. <BREW>
ImageImage

dougal
Site Admin

Return to Software