Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Radio Tray - Radio Station Links - (No Plug-ins Required)

Discuss *nix based Software here

Radio Tray - Radio Station Links - (No Plug-ins Required)

Postby wolfgar » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:03 pm

Hello Everyone, That attached file are some of my Radio Tray, Radio Station Links. Just download open the txt file, and (copy and paste) the names and link's into Radio Tray. Remember to (Reload Bookmarks) after adding stations. After you have all the link's you want you can back up the stations by copy bookmarks.xml from the Directory: ~/.local/share/radiotray/ For backup purposes.

Then if you ever have to reinstall the software, or just want to give the link's to a friend, you can just copy the bookmarks.xml back to the directory: ~/.local/share/radiotray/

The links to stations that were excluded with the programs install are not necessarily in the file, however some are included.

What no Metal? We have some Metal, Now!

Enjoy,
Attachments
Radio Stations For Radio Tray.txt
(20 KiB) Downloaded 1367 times
Ultimate Edtion 3.2 x64 RC
CPU: AMD Phenom 9650 X4 / 2.3 GHz Processor
RAM: 8192MB (2048 x 4) OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 / 20X DVD Burner
ATI Radeon HD 3870 512 MB GDDR 4 / 400 GB HDD/
Samsung SyncMaster XL@#70HD HDTV Monitor

wolfgar
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 64 BIT

Re: Radio Tray - Radio Station Links - (No Plug-ins Required

Postby Meister » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:27 am

Thank you Wolfgar
Meister
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:48 pm

wolfgar wrote:Hello Everyone, That attached file are some of my Radio Tray, Radio Station Links. Just download open the txt file, and (copy and paste) the names and link's into Radio Tray. Remember to (Reload Bookmarks) after adding stations. After you have all the link's you want you can back up the stations by copy bookmarks.xml from the Directory: ~/.local/share/radiotray/ For backup purposes.

Then if you ever have to reinstall the software, or just want to give the link's to a friend, you can just copy the bookmarks.xml back to the directory: ~/.local/share/radiotray/

The links to stations that were excluded with the programs install are not necessarily in the file, however some are included.

Enjoy,

Wolfgar,

Can you please attach your bookmarks.xml file perhaps I could integrate it in the deb.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby RobNJ » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Thanks, Wolfgar! <BREW>
RobNJ
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby wolfgar » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:21 am

bookmarks.xml
RadioTray file
(8.42 KiB) Downloaded 1030 times
bookmarks.xml
RadioTray file
(8.42 KiB) Downloaded 1030 times
TheeMahn wrote:
wolfgar wrote:Hello Everyone, That attached file are some of my Radio Tray, Radio Station Links. Just download open the txt file, and (copy and paste) the names and link's into Radio Tray. Remember to (Reload Bookmarks) after adding stations. After you have all the link's you want you can back up the stations by copy bookmarks.xml from the Directory: ~/.local/share/radiotray/ For backup purposes.

Enjoy,

Wolfgar,

Can you please attach your bookmarks.xml file perhaps I could integrate it in the deb.

I have attached one of the bookmarks.xml files with the most types of music encluded. All links are currently working with a lot of choices.

Enjoy,

Wolfgar
Ultimate Edtion 3.2 x64 RC
CPU: AMD Phenom 9650 X4 / 2.3 GHz Processor
RAM: 8192MB (2048 x 4) OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 / 20X DVD Burner
ATI Radeon HD 3870 512 MB GDDR 4 / 400 GB HDD/
Samsung SyncMaster XL@#70HD HDTV Monitor

wolfgar
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 64 BIT

Postby Meister » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:41 am

Thanks mate , I'm sure Everyone will love having all the stations built into Ultimate Player.
Meister
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks brother, feel free to sample your handiwork wolfgar:
radio.png
I love the repomaster, allows me to do my job w/o really thinking ;)

Extract, replace the file and re-build, I do not care about permissions. Automation at it's finest. I can not wait until time permits me finishing it. Find an error and auto fix it ;)
rockin.png

radiotray_0.6.5_all.deb
Please report any errors...
(90.9 KiB) Downloaded 427 times

Meister: I do not have time to push them into Ultimate player if you would like to convert them, I will roll to your house and push them to a thumb drive and integrate them to Ultimate Player as well. This is a Radio Tray thread, not Ultimate Player thread ;) How do you like making work for yourself? I am sure the fellas will appreciate the effort as I now enjoy Wolfgar's effort.

See, I have said this many times I do not do everything. It is a focus of all users. Sometimes, what may seem simple becomes large when such a scale is introduced. Ultimate Player BTW has advanced, has not hit the net yet. I want to personally and openly thank you for the remote control for me to start writing software for it. The community thanks you.

Amazing I have been asked multiple times to write software for the "Magic Jack" and just do not possess the time. I have no problem teaching you how to write device drivers. I want you to think about things as I attempt to do. What demands the most attention / time? The radio tray was done and built in seconds. Device drivers are no easy / quick thing. I do have other jobs, many actually. Why do I want to spend the time to teach you, when I have so many other jobs?

#1 Absorption. I teach you how to write one and you will roll - magic jack will pay you for making it, I am not here for $. Programming comes easy to me, I do not like to re-create the wheel, like BASF. We do not make the products you enjoy, we make the products you enjoy better. You will be making the wheel, something I do not typically have the time for. If you are interested let me know.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Driver » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:55 am

I just wanted to say thank you to Wolfgar for the nice mix of radio station links, to TheeMahn for posting the .deb so I could immediately download/install/use Radio Tray, and to the author of Radio Tray.

And a question: Is there a way to discover what bit rates each station streams at? A couple that I've tried sound like the cassette tapes that I once left in the hot car in August.

A second question: Some stations fail to play and instead tell me that I am missing a necessary plug-in (but not which plug-in that might be). "Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in." Radio Metal appears to be one such station. What plug-in is required?

Thanks,
Driver
Driver "Driving you over the edge..."

Laptop: HP dv6226 - T2250 1.7gHz Pentium Dual-Core, 1gig, Intel (non-)graphics, Mint 14 Xfce 32-bit, MS Windows Vista Premium DOA
Desktop: Old AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.792gHz, 1.256gig, nVidia 5200fx 128meg, a new used hard drive awaiting an OS
Camera: Nikon Coolpix 3200 (MIA)
Printer/Scanner/Fax/Copier: Epson Artisan 810 (Awesome & works in linux!)
Phone: Defy XT Android no-contract $19/mo. unlimited talk/text/data (thanks, Republic Wireless!)
Scanner: Radio Shack PRO-2042 made by GRE (STOLEN - thief, I've got a bullet with your name on it)
Driver
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: Radio Tray - Radio Station Links

Postby HDWildbill » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:45 pm

I would like to say Thank to all of you who made this possible. <BREW>
Main System:
Ultimate Edition lite 3.0
AMD Athlon 64Bit 3800+
4 GB Ram
Nividia GeForce 6200 TurboCache