Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.0.1 REVIEW

Help & support for Ultimate Edtion 3.0

Ultimate Edition 3.0.1 REVIEW

Postby spatryx » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:16 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6sKw7zcT00[/youtube]
All I can say is WOW! this looks GREAT!
spatryx
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Dapper Drake

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.0.1 REVIEW

Postby onosendai58 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:29 pm

It is.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Billie Cowie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Now, there's a guy with great taste! :lol:
That's a blog I'll have to check out!
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby spatryx » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:45 pm

Billie Cowie wrote:Now, there's a guy with great taste! :lol:

I have a growing channel on YouTUBE!
My user name is LinuxSpatry
spatryx
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby synrgy87 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:34 pm

spatryx wrote:

yeah seen a few of your videos already like the kodak printer work around and other cup of linux vids
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB (2x4gb) Kingston HyperX DDR1600

160GB Hitachi deskstar(os and boot) 1TB deskstar(data) 1TB WD USB drive(backup+)
2x XFX ATI 5830 1024mb in crossfire
Saitek Eclipse keyboard + Saitek Cyborg V3 mouse + Thrustmaster T.Flight HotasX

Acer 23" HDTV/monitor + AOC 21"
Xigmatek Midgard Case.
multibooting all sorts + Ultimate Edition 3.5 / BlackOpal64 / windies 7 home premium 64bit
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby spatryx » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:03 pm

synrgy87 wrote:
spatryx wrote:

yeah seen a few of your videos already like the kodak printer work around and other cup of linux vids

WOW... That was one of my first videos... Since that time a working CUPS driver has been released that works great on any Ubuntu based Distribution. Also in the AUR if there are any Arch users in the house :D Glad you like my videos... Thanks!
spatryx
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby durwood » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:40 am

Wish someone would just point out what exactly changed from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1. I am looking at it in live mode and still can't tell. do i really want to install new and have to tweak everything again? By the way, what ever happened to "one-button" upgrade?" I thought we would be able to update, upgrade easily. Where/how do you do this?
durwood
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Billie Cowie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi, Durwood,
first there is no one-button upgrade.
3.0.1 requres a fresh install after deleting 3.0 from your hard-drive via gparted ( included on the live DVD )
If you do need to delete the earlier version, first be sure to note the partition reference in the grub-boot menu or you may delete the wrong partition. Grub shows the OS name with the appropriate partition number, i.e. sda/sda1 Ultimate Edition 3.0 generic p.a.e...etc or sda/sda6Windows7.....etc,etc.
Improvements include greater stability.3.0 was the first Ultimate Edition that TheeMahn did not have complete control over. Other people were involved in the production-process who shared different ideas on the way ahead. This conflict produced a conflicted product which gave various people problems with interface-configuration, sound issues,etc.If you are new to Linux then you might not be aware of the need for the developers to ensure it works with as varied hardware as possible. Every system is unique and Linux OS problems can be unique to the individuals computer-spec too, so problems are not always noticed prior to installation. That's why most OSes have beta-testers before the final release. There is history behind this which also involves recent changes to the parent-distro Ubuntu on which Ultimate Edition is based, so if you are new to Linux then a lot of things are not really significant.
If you have only ever used the OS as a live DVD it will not always show the odd quirk/bug untill after a full install.

Suffice it to say, Ultimate Edition 3.0.1 is 3.0 remade by TheeMahn with the help of his beta-testers.
It is the 3.0 TheeMahn would have made in the first place-and yes it is more " perfected", though the intricacies may not be immediately apparent to the new user.Hope this helps.I would stress - do not be tempted to install 3.0.1 over 3.0. At best you'll get a mixed-up OS, at worst a system that won't boot.Been there, done that and paid the price!
In closing I would add that 3.0 gave me no problems, but I was one of the lucky ones though the problems others experienced were never massive anyway-to the best of my knowledge.I now use 3.0.1 and have noticed significant performance improvements, including faster-booting. :peace

p.s. There is no need to install 3.0.1 if you are happy with 3.0, Durwood. If it works fine then you may find that 3.0.1 is unnecessary. It is essentially U.E.3.0 remade to a " technically " higher standard-a standard TheeMahn is personally happy with.
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby durwood » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:16 am

Thanks for such a generous response.
durwood
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby GhostRider13 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:23 am

8-) Simply amazing....I have problems with the installer crashing,though.Maybe there's a defect in the download.The checksum always comes back okay.At least it runs good live.3.0 was a problem trying to run it live on this old dinosaur.3.01 is definately a 5 star OS. <BREW>
GhostRider13
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.0