Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ubuntu Software Center??[SOLVED]

Help & support for Ultimate Edtion 3.0

Ubuntu Software Center??[SOLVED]

Postby SENTINEL5000 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi to all. Ok I installed Ultimate Edition 3.0 and noticed it doesnt have Ubuntu Software Center in it. So I tried to install it with a terminal and tho it installs, when I try to open it, it does nothing. I ran a command and it gives me this error "No module named UltimateEdition". Is there a way to use software center on this ultimate 3.0?? Thanks in advance!
SENTINEL5000
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Edgy Eft

Re: Ubuntu Software Center??

Postby onosendai58 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:48 am

SENTINEL5000 wrote:Hi to all. Ok I installed Ultimate Edition 3.0 and noticed it doesnt have Ubuntu Software Center in it. So I tried to install it with a terminal and tho it installs, when I try to open it, it does nothing. I ran a command and it gives me this error "No module named UltimateEdition". Is there a way to use software center on this ultimate 3.0?? Thanks in advance!

Well it does have Synaptic which is basically the same thing. I would say, not knowing the details, that in the switch from Ubuntu to Mint the Software Center was dropped. This can be explained by the fact that certain things can "break" Ultimate Edition. After all, this is a highly-customized build of many different OSs. This is why you never want to enable repos and hit "upgrade". All you`ll have is vanilla Ubuntu, or in this case, Mint. I could be, and probably am, completely wrong. I have found that between Ubuntu Tweak and Synaptic everything you could want from USC is available without fear of damaging the system. In Ubuntu Tweak, simply enable the sources, (PPAs), then enable the corresponding apps you want.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:36 am

Hello ppl.

There is one more tool on the mint option that you can find there all that you need like Ubuntu Center.

Admin-Amir

Postby onosendai58 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:49 am

Admin-Amir wrote:Hello ppl.

There is one more tool on the mint option that you can find there all that you need like Ubuntu Center.

Okay, now I feel like an idiot. Where can I find this wondrous creature, pray tell? :oops: UPDATE: Actually, I just found and installed it from Synaptic, but when I ran it the thing froze up and CPU usage hit 100% and stayed there, had to reboot. No biggie, I use Synaptic anyway.
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:43 pm

onosendai58.

All start always from Synaptic/Aptitude and so on.
All that you need to do is use the search in Synaptic or ant other package manager by name of the software/plug in...
No need to be Panic when your CPU is up to %100.
Why?

Because you need to think for one moment on the process of sync all the repo's when the software Manager start the sync.
So yes,
that will take all the resource list from your source.list and start to get all the needs to be working with the software manager.
After that The software will be load , then it will work like Synaptic work(slow then Synaptic - MINT servers are slow then Ubuntu servers!!!
Admin-Amir

Postby onosendai58 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:49 pm

Admin-Amir wrote:onosendai58.

All start always from Synaptic/Aptitude and so on.
All that you need to do is use the search in Synaptic or ant other package manager by name of the software/plug in...
No need to be Panic when your CPU is up to %100.
Why?

Because you need to think for one moment on the process of sync all the repo's when the software Manager start the sync.
So yes,
that will take all the resource list from your source.list and start to get all the needs to be working with the software manager.
After that The software will be load , then it will work like Synaptic work(slow then Synaptic - MINT servers are slow then Ubuntu servers!!!

Actually, gDebi is doing the same when I try and open KernelCheck after downloading it. I have to xkill it. Is that natural?
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:58 pm

onosendai58
Actually, gDebi is doing the same when I try and open KernelCheck after downloading it. I have to xkill it. Is that natural?

GDebi - is PACKAGE INSTALLER. ;)
Not package manager like Synaptic - GDebi is very quick package installer for deb packages.
About KernelCheck , that depending on the the software - it's not working like Package Manger,
This software is just After the Kernel Update/Upgrade - That is all.
To me it looks like the issue that you have got nothing to do with U.E System - just with the Kernel Repo servers!
Hope that help you with the Understanding of the Deference's of the Process. :idea:
Admin-Amir

Postby onosendai58 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Admin-Amir wrote:onosendai58

GDebi - is PACKAGE INSTALLER. ;)
Not package manager like Synaptic - GDebi is very quick package installer for deb packages.
About KernelCheck , that depending on the the software - it's not working like Package Manger,
This software is just After the Kernel Update/Upgrade - That is all.
To me it looks like the issue that you have got nothing to do with U.E System - just with the Kernel Repo servers!
Hope that help you with the Understanding of the Deference's of the Process. :idea:

Understood, it`s a deb package, though. No biggie, though. Thank you for your time and help!
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:08 pm

onosendai58ץ

You very welcome ,and keep on the good work around the System. <BREW>
Take care.
Amir.
Admin-Amir