Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Problems with Ultimate Edition 2.8 and 2.9 on netbooks acer aspire one

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.9

Problems with Ultimate Edition 2.8 and 2.9 on netbooks acer aspire one

Postby avalon18 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:02 am

Greetings to all, I do not know if someone could tell me why some of the programs and more commonly in programs for kde, I can not handle programs with a maximized window, you can maximize the screen but when clicking within the window , down the side bar at the bottom of the window and back, besides this, the background color of programs designed to kde is always blue and I have not found a way to change it, other problems also and found is the decrease in performance after a time of use without installing new applications or modifications made ​​in general.

These details I found when installing the Ultimate Edition 2.8 and 2.9 in three netbooks acer aspire one, the three manage the gnome desktop and were installed with "clean installs" the rest of the features of these netbooks seem to be always generous, so not go into more detail unless it is required.

finally, do not know if this is common on Linux systems, is a detail of Ultimate Edition or a hardware problem, but since netbooks have installed Ultimate Edition, the battery life has decreased a lot, while only lasts an hour or hour and a half depending on the machine.

Sorry if this question should not have been posted in this section, but I did not know where could post it.

Thank you for your help.
avalon18
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Re: Problems with Ultimate Edition 2.8 and 2.9 on netbooks a

Postby billhedrick » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:33 am

battery life was a complaint with Ubuntu, take a look here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1726078
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Problems with Ultimate Edition 2.8 and 2.9 on netbooks a

Postby pclinuxguru » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:19 pm

Battery life isn't an issue if ya know how to make it NOT an issue.

Not as simple as just install and wala ready to go. since when has anything been that simple ?

Honestly now lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give me detailed specs of the systems in question and I shall give ya details on how to reclaim all if not more run time back. <BREW>

FYI I own and use a acer aspire one netbook rated for 6 hours and I pull a solid 6.5 hours out of it with just a custom build of Linux mint 11.

All about knowing, share a little more detail with me and I shall help educate.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.9