Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

compiz won"t run cursors

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.9

compiz won"t run cursors

Postby wca » Wed May 04, 2011 5:23 pm

I have tried every cursor work around I found on the net but nothing works. It seems that I can have Compiz and fancy windows or Metacity and fancy cursors. When I do get a cursor to load in Compiz it corrupts areas of the screen and disappears. Is this bug ever going to get zapped? Is there any work-around that I can do?
I run a Nvidia G4800 video card.
Will the never-functioned Xcursor/Gcursor ever get fixed or cut from the repository?

On a second note--
I have tried Unity, I have examined Gnome 3 and utterly despise both. Sure, I could learn them, if forced and sure they could "improve" but unless totally changed would remain useless to me. In either case it would be enough to send me off to seek an alternative interface. Please give us an Ultimate Edition 3 free of these apps in search of an iphone!
wca
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: compiz won"t run cursors

Postby pclinuxguru » Wed May 04, 2011 5:50 pm

if we are talking about natty 11.04 the cursor change is quite simple.

Is this 11.04 in question or Ultimate Edition 2.9 ? What ?
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby wca » Wed May 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Sorry about that, I just thought that being in the 2.9 thread would make it clear that I'm asking about 2.9.
As a loyal Ultimate Edition user I would not stray you know.

The second point is a plea for the next Ultimate Edition to save us from the iphone boys.

Once again,sorry for the confusion.
wca
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby pclinuxguru » Wed May 04, 2011 7:18 pm

http://screenshotsfrlinux.freeforums.org/ubuntu-based-distro-s-theming-made-easy-for-all-t95.html

Mid way threw tutorial bro. Your answer in great detail.

It is Ultimate Edition 2.9 that was used for the tutorial in point of fact.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby wca » Wed May 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks and thanks again. I just love Linux and the gang. Especially Ultimate Edition. I'll give it a try asap.
wca
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby JOHNNYG » Wed May 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Let us know how you fare ! and if you need any further assistance, Know we are here to lend a hand !!! ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby wca » Fri May 06, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks again. I'm running fine except for a converted (Cfx) cursor that still breaks up.

Now I know that it is the cursor conflicting with something I just switch to another. It works fine in Metacity, so if I just have to use it I switch. Once agin--Linux and the community (especially Ultimate Edition) are the best!
wca
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.9