Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.9

Re: 11.04

Postby oceania68 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:55 pm

Gúrú Linux ríomhaire wrote:Stop judging 11.04 on unity for god sakes.

There is MORE to 11.04 then just unity.

Ya have classic that can be made to look and act exactly like Ultimate Edition 2.9 in every way.

Then ya have Gnome 3, better then unity by 10,000 times over but far from perfect UI. Guess that says little about unity don't it lol.

11.04 and classic with a Ultimate Edition worthy feel UI and software pack.

http://screenshotsfrlinux.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=349

Just finishing up my 11.04 x64 gnome 3 build. Ill link screen shots when done. Thing about gnome 3 , it is very customizable but no were near as easy to do so as classic. Still worth it, took me about 9 to 10 hours to get 11.04 to Ultimate Edition standards and feel. Took me 2 days to get Gnome 3 to tolerable feel and look.

ANYTHING worth having takes work guys. Facts are 11.04 is still superior to 10.10 in every way, just don't use unity lol. <BREW>

Mr Guru... With all your infinite wisdom, and Ultimate Edition skill and expertise... can i be so bold as to ask, if i can get a copy of your Ultimate Edition 11.04 64bit with Gnome 3 :D :D
Linux needs to invest in Simplicity if it is to stand a chance against Windows.. :D

Registered linux user #454306
My machine has registration number #362486.
oceania68
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Christmas Edition

Postby Jeahavee » Sun May 01, 2011 9:12 pm

If there was a like button or a beta link I would have clicked it. :D
Jeahavee Jamillskill jGRite (just Get Right).
Divius
Hp Pavilion Dv61030us 1366x768
Quick Port
Creative X-Fi 5.1 (USB)
Logitech MX Revolution Mouse, Anywhere MX, G9
Intel 300gb ssd, Windows 210gb, Ubuntu 14.00 70gb (all 64 bits)

YoiYoru
AMD 965
evga 580 hydro
Water cooled...
4 sticks of 8gbs ddr3 HyperX Ram (1333mhz)
Viewsonic 23.6" 1920x1080
Sony 17" 1280x1024
1 WD Caviar 1tb, 1 WD Green 2tb
W7 Pro 256gbs ssd, Ultimate Edition 14.04 60gb (Always 64bits)
Logitech G710+, G13, MX Revolution
Func HS260

Giniro old build leftover parts
MSI NF980G65
2 BFG GTX 280 OC

http://www.youtube.com/jeahavee
http://www.reverbnation.com/jeahavee
@jGRite
Jeahavee
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby drewstew » Mon May 02, 2011 3:04 am

My initial enthusiasm for 11.04 is starting to wane as more problems emerge. One serious is the inability to load proprietary drivers and get a 3D desktop. I have a NVIDIA card, and the driver shows "activated but not in use". Type this into Google with 11.04 and a blizzard of postings appear for all cards. Lots of suggestions for a fix, but save your time - none of them work. It's now logged as a bug.
Next, Alt-F2 opens up a command line, but with no option to Run in Terminal. Again lots of reports as a bug, however Natty developers have closed it with a "will not fix", commenting, if you want a terminal, open one!
YARSSR, which I really like, has gone, and though still present in the program list, just does not work.
Possibly the most serious bug - the Notification Bar (which is fixed - both in position and in content, can't be moved, nothing can be added), has disappeared a couple of times, together with the Unity sidebar. Luckily, I still have AWN loaded and working, so I've been able to do a normal rather than hard reboot.
I'll keep with it for another couple of days, but my 2.9 installation disc is glowing brighter on the shelf! Why didn't you warn us, JohnnyG!
I still like Natty, but I'm not convinced it is yet fit for purpose. I can't see our developers rushing out a Ultimate Edition 3.0 with this version of Natty.
Modded Acer Aspire box now with Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 motherboard; AMD FX-6100 6-core CPU; 16gb RAM; 1Tb Seagate SATA HDD; Ultimate Edition 3.5 64bit. Dual booting with Windows7 64bit.
drewstew
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Mon May 02, 2011 6:44 am

drewstew wrote:My initial enthusiasm for 11.04 is starting to wane as more problems emerge. One serious is the inability to load proprietary drivers and get a 3D desktop. I have a NVIDIA card, and the driver shows "activated but not in use". Type this into Google with 11.04 and a blizzard of postings appear for all cards. Lots of suggestions for a fix, but save your time - none of them work. It's now logged as a bug.
Next, Alt-F2 opens up a command line, but with no option to Run in Terminal. Again lots of reports as a bug, however Natty developers have closed it with a "will not fix", commenting, if you want a terminal, open one!
YARSSR, which I really like, has gone, and though still present in the program list, just does not work.
Possibly the most serious bug - the Notification Bar (which is fixed - both in position and in content, can't be moved, nothing can be added), has disappeared a couple of times, together with the Unity sidebar. Luckily, I still have AWN loaded and working, so I've been able to do a normal rather than hard reboot.
I'll keep with it for another couple of days, but my 2.9 installation disc is glowing brighter on the shelf! Why didn't you warn us, JohnnyG! <<<<<<<<<<
I still like Natty, but I'm not convinced it is yet fit for purpose. I can't see our developers rushing out a Ultimate Edition 3.0 with this version of Natty.

Whooo Hang on Chief! I have been running natty from its inception, and did have some issues at first, but with an alternate install and constant updates, found that very little was wrong, and my ATI 9600 was running very well, in recent releases we have had issues with Nvidia cards, and that is Nvidias fault for not supplying up to date drivers for linux! I am posting from Ultimate Edition 3.0 Natty with Cube effect and Gnome panel Runnig flawlessly ! (X86) This is TheeMahn's build and really puts my build (Alternet ubuntu) under the rug ! And no we are not going to rush out a release of 3.0 just to release it ! I will be in contact with TheeMahn and let him know of your concern about Nvidia drivers as he runs multiple graphics cards and always try's to achieve the best for both and all! Thanks for your post ! <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby drewstew » Mon May 02, 2011 8:30 am

Sorry JohnnyG - It was Billhedrick who issued a poster-size warning! I've called it a day on 11.04 for the time being and reinstalled 2.9 with Maverick I was just getting more and more mired, until in the end I could only complete a boot-up using the KDE desktop. Just need to update the kernel and I'm back to where I was.
Looking forward to Ultimate Edition 3.0 - I'm sure you clever chaps will give us a fault-free distro.
Modded Acer Aspire box now with Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 motherboard; AMD FX-6100 6-core CPU; 16gb RAM; 1Tb Seagate SATA HDD; Ultimate Edition 3.5 64bit. Dual booting with Windows7 64bit.
drewstew
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Mon May 02, 2011 8:56 am

Well, to be fair on 2 points, the poster sized warning echoed what is on the front page of Ultimate Edition OZ. And secondly, it didn't mean that Natty is no good (though my hardware is kinda not liking it yet) just that in order to use it , Ultimate Style - as 3.0 will do - you can't just upgrade your 2.9 install, you should leave it to the folks actually building 3.0!
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.9