Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

problem with graphics in livecd Ultimate Edition 2.9 64bits

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.9

problem with graphics in livecd Ultimate Edition 2.9 64bits

Postby avalon18 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:35 am

first of all, sorry for my English, I'm using google translator for this post, and on the other hand have a great OS here, I hope to remain so for long.

by the way I am new to linux so any help you can give me would be very grateful.

my problem is that when you load the live cd desktop ultimate edition 2.9 64 bit, the graphics do not load well showing all pixelated menus and windows, including the pointer.

I download twice the Ultimate Edition 2.9 iso, but with the same result, and try to start with safe graphics mode from the start of the boot, but only starts in console mode and not allowed me to start the graphics mode, and sends me to direct installation live desktop cd.

the ue2.9 - 32 bit iso, has no problem loading the graphics.

Would be very grateful if I could solve this problem or at least tell me I'm not the only one who has this problem.

my pc specifications are:

Motherboard: Gigabyte M52L-S3P S-series
Videocard: Ati Radeon HD 4350
Monitor: Acer x123w 15 "and a DVI-connected LCD TV (the TV receives no signal when you start the desktop.)

Try the live cd boot through DVD and flash memory with the same results.

thank you very much for your attention and hope you can help me.
avalon18
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Re: problem with graphics in livecd Ultimate Edition 2.9 64b

Postby pclinuxguru » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:07 am

Common issue with ATI 4000 HD series.

Fix in every case was to install direct and not use live.

Have ATI / AMD cat 11.2 on a flash drive ready for install.

Boot up after install, not using menus and install the drivers off a flash drive right away.

You will need to copy the package onto the desktop on a temp basis to set the right permissions for install.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby avalon18 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:37 pm

ok thank you very much.

but still I have the problem that when trying to enter the installation option sends me to desktop live cd automatically, I can't select the installation of the OS from the boot menu.

if there any other way to install, really do not know how to because I've only used linux in graphical mode.

funny thing is that not had this problem with any previous live cd distributions, whether 64 or 32 bits, and even 32-bit version of ue2.9 gives me no problems to start or install.

I will try to install blind and see what happens.
avalon18
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby pclinuxguru » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:49 pm

I hear your frustration.

It isn't the live DVD or Ultimate Edition 2.9 in any way shape or form.

100% driver based problem, all has to do with drivers included in the disk provided by AMD.

Ultimate Edition 2.9 is state of the art, my 5870 HD,s did not have this problem.

4350 HD is based on 3 year old tech. Don't mean it wont work bud, just a few added hoops to make it work.

You think thats bad, once natty finalizes and Ultimate Edition 3.0 comes out. It will be even worse.

Best I can do is tell ya how to make it work.

Live DVD use to have safe graphics mode for install. It has been removed, not by us.

Think this option really needs added back in. Makes life so much easier.

Install in safe graphics 2 D mode, then install your drivers on first boot.

Now you have to try and blind install and boot to recovery mode and then safe graphics mode to make it fly.

Wonder if there is a way to install cat 11.2 in live mode - restart x on the fly so you don't have to restart.
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pclinuxguru » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:05 pm

sweet, tested it and it works

This is how you get safe graphics mode install on x64 Ubuntu 10.10 via live install

Press F6 to open the other options menu.

This opens this new menu … it’s useless to us. So now close it!

We did this so that the command options show up near the bottom of the screen. Press tab to access these options.

Press space one time (to make some space) and enter the following: –xforcevesa

Press enter to boot

Install then load recovery mode via grub on first boot, hold down shift as it posts bios to make it show if hidden. Pick start in safe graphics mode, now just install cat 11.2 in safe graphics mode and your DONE.
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby avalon18 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:30 am

try booting with "-xforcevesa" but starts in console mode and from there I did not know what to do, I try to start the graphical mode with "startx gnome"but without results, it sends an error loading the X server. :evil:

thanks for all the advice and help, but I think I give in and continue to use windows until I get a new Video Card hehe. :D

just one last question, there is any significant difference between the utlimate of 32 bits and 64 bits?, or should I give up with the 64-bit and go to the easy 32-bit? :?:
avalon18
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby pclinuxguru » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:04 am

No big difference at all.

X64 just has more memory addressing.

That's about it.

If x32 works for you, then go for it. Better that the using windows.
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby avalon18 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:27 pm

There's no doubt about that, linux is much better than Windows as OS, excluding games.

I just go back to windows because I was invited to play Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5, sadly I could not get them to work in ubuntu or with virtual machine (curiously windows 7 with a win xp virtual machine can run without problems resident evil 5, but I think that is the ati drivers for win 7, who knows.)

Anyway, thank you very much for all your help and patience.

I'll see you then, when I try "Ultimate Edition 2.9" in a virtual machine.
avalon18
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby avalon18 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:48 pm

I thought I had given up on this but apparently I make my curiosity.

I have solved the problem of garbage graphics on "ue2.9 64-bit" with Video Card "ati 4350".

All you have to do is in the boot selection screen, press F6 and select "nomodeset", then select the option that you prefer, live cd or installation without a problem with the graphics.

The solution of "xforcevesa" for some reason did not work in any way, but in all pages I visit all recommend this solution, in case "nomodeset"does not work for you, you can always try this solution.

I hope this helps as much as me.
avalon18
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby aL1 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:19 pm

avalon18 wrote:I thought I had given up on this but apparently I make my curiosity.

I have solved the problem of garbage graphics on "ue2.9 64-bit" with Video Card "ati 4350".

All you have to do is in the boot selection screen, press F6 and select "nomodeset", then select the option that you prefer, live cd or installation without a problem with the graphics.

The solution of "xforcevesa" for some reason did not work in any way, but in all pages I visit all recommend this solution, in case "nomodeset"does not work for you, you can always try this solution.

I hope this helps as much as me.

That fixed it, thanks
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
E8400 @4.22GHz
GSkill PC2-8800 @1192MHz
TRUE120
Xonar D1
M4 64GB
WDCBlack 1T
2 Velociraptors 150GB@
HD4870
Dragon Lord K62