Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Need help installing fast

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Need help installing fast

Postby Fosterr334 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:05 pm

HI
I was downloading 2.6 on to my computer with a brand new DVD with more than enough room onto my laptop. I did all the start up stuff sett my partions to full 2.6 and hit OK and agree. Its starts downloading and I'm like sweet. But then I hit a error signal at exactly 15% saying that either the disk or disk drive has and error or the comp could be to hot so I let it sit for the night. the next day I tried again and received the same message. so I went on my friends comp and downloaded the same file on a new DVD there. tried that CD and I didn't even get anything, now I'm am cursing at this sh**ty windows and tried 3 different mirrors on three different CD's. None could be read let alone work. So I have one faulty disc which let me access the demo of 2.6 thank god I can at least connect to the internet basics. but i need my laptop at full power again soon for school. So please help me.

P.S
Also out of desperation i tried to re-install windows 7 to get me through until the weekend and it failed no clue why but couldn't give a crap.
Fosterr334
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Need help installing fast

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue May 04, 2010 1:41 am

Hello Fosterr334 .

OK - the way I see it you did not left the UNALLOCATED partition for the installation process.
About the issue with the room for the downloading it is if you try to download with the live CD correct,
you will get this issue.
you need the room to save the ISO 2.2 G on you Live HDD, not on the ram.
So make room for the download on your MS7 and then burn the ISO to DVD,
Then you can install the system on the UNALLOCATED partition.
Admin-Amir

Postby Fosterr334 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:11 am

Few questions, whats MS7 (Microsoft 7?) and live HDD (my hardrive?), Second is my first disk faulty or do I just need to do the partions like you said. 3rd the ram part, are you saying the other DVD's I put where not burnt correctly cause I just dragged the ISO into the DVD cause windows vista is a pain in the back. Also a correction to my original post I used DVD's not CD's sorry for that mistake. Thank you for your help so far :D
Fosterr334
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue May 04, 2010 10:53 am

Fosterr334.

First you welcome my Friend no problem.
Now if you have burn the ISO with win 7 yes =MS7, then I think you have problem with the burning.

you need software that burn ISO images like:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/the-best-f ... vd-burner/
http://vidmar.net/weblog/archive/2007/0 ... tware.aspx
Admin-Amir

Postby Fosterr334 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Well I got the CDBurnerXP and a new 25 stack of DVD's and i burnt a 32 bit and 64 bit both would load the menu but when I hit run/install 2.6 it would freeze. So stuck in a new situation.
Fosterr334
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby JustCallMeCrash » Tue May 04, 2010 9:45 pm

To clarify, Window 7 does have its own built-in iso burner. If you can successfully download the iso, you shouldn't have any trouble burning it.
Also, what our buddy Admin-Amir was trying to say about downloading using the Live disk... that won't work unless you have ridiculous amounts of ram (8+gb) because in a live environment, you are running strictly inside ram... no changes are made to your hard drive (unless you mount the drive... I'm not entirely sure that you can't download it that way, but you won't be able to burn it unless you've got multiple optical drives). Anyway, you're better off downloading the iso inside a stable, installed OS (whatever it may be) and burning it off from that.
Best of luck, I'll check in to see if you post any updates. By the way, I don't dual-boot anymore, but I do have to run Windows 7 at work (inside Virtualbox), so I'm fairly well versed in both OSes.
JustCallMeCrash
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby Fosterr334 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:06 pm

Ohh ok, well at the moment I'm am borrowing my family computer to do the downloading which uses vista. It stable, but still does not seem to produce me a solid ISO DVD. the faulty one that lets me DEMO 2.6 is the one I burn from 2.5 from my laptop. It is truly ironic.
Fosterr334
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby JustCallMeCrash » Tue May 04, 2010 10:12 pm

That is really strange. Other than the odd NVidia issue (resolved) and the mouse thing (worked-around), I've never had ANY problems with Ultimate Edition. I think TheeManh does really good, clean work. All the admins are really helpful and knowledgeable.
Best of luck and keep us posted.
JustCallMeCrash
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby JustCallMeCrash » Wed May 05, 2010 4:52 am

It dawned on me in the middle of the night last night that you should try to slow down the burn.

Wait... not sure you can do that in Win7, actually. I guess I lucked out (I dled and burned on my wifes Win7 machine) because I just set it up and left it to run.

If you figure out how to change burn speeds, you should drop it as low as it will go and try that. Also, check the MD5 to be sure it wasn't corrupted on the way in.
JustCallMeCrash
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby kiwinsn » Wed May 05, 2010 5:34 am

The burn speed of the DVD should be no more than 4x.

Myself, I have given up on DVD's and use the USB installer now...a lot quicker and way more reliable.

Noy at all sure if it can be done via Live DVD, don't think so.

I suggest that maybe you go with 2.4 or 2.5 initially, and then use a USB stick for 2.6 and above.

Cheers
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)