Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

The multimedia guide 2.6 system - [Update**]

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

The multimedia guide 2.6 system - [Update**]

Postby Admin-Amir » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:44 am

Hello PPL and welcome to the U.E 2.6 multimedia guide.

After a round of tests the system's ultimate 2.6,
And Redo tests on multimedia, mixers, additives, etc..
I found it necessary to release the first part of the guide will take you forward with confidence.
The reason is simple - things work exactly as I wrote the manual on the subject.
True that there are certain variables between the various systems 2.5 to 2.6.
But they can jump very safely by following the correct processes.
Also The servers of medibuntu back on line (recently downloaded for upgrades)
What makes the process run faster and better.

There are five very orderly process for the user in the process of installing the system on his computer.

1 - Install system (longer then U.E 2.5 ultimate system installation) - please be patience,
Also you will see a process that I still could not figure out the production line Ubuntu system.
Processes terminate at least 100%,
But the Ubuntu family got 168% load,
and then back to 78% during the installation process!
Who said there is nothing new under the sun?
Ubuntu probably has different writers to make there calculation.

2 - At the end of the installation process go to configure current system,
the first thing would be to give your user all privileges to work the system.
Under => System => Administrator => Users and Groups.
Please confirm all the options (if you do not work with Samba, has the potential to skip the Samba-related).

A - Setting Fire Wall.
C - Refresh then Update /Upgrade Synaptic.
D - downloading and installing the new package of Ubuntu Tweak,

ubuntu-tweak_0.5.4-1_all.deb
Ubuntu Tweak - NEW
(774.49 KiB) Downloaded 483 times

And refreshment / loading of Ubuntu Tweak synchronize databases of the software.
The system update / upgrade in the terminal.

3 - after the previous step, update is - ( 133 updated packages on the first stage).
Have to restart your computer for the change kernel to 2.6.32.21.
It is very important not to try to change the process to enter kernel to work properly.

So much in fact we made all the frame work of preparing the system correctly.
Hence actually started work installing the packages, Then configuration of software, etc..
Please remember one thing and maybe most important fundamental in the multimedia work on your station.
The system will cover all the different programs to work "only with 3 mixers working together".
That is, Elsa Mixer, Pulse audio, switch devices (preferably confirm the default mixer per session - Alsa).
And do not forget firefox plug in - MediaPlayerConnectivity , for networking (Audio Video).
And adding Ubuntu Tweak source of flash.
Add course Synaptic java (3 packages) of the system to work properly on the network.

Course to be added to the Restricted Drivers, medibuntu - from 3 Party source of Ubuntu Tweak.
Another option introduction medibuntu our sources databases can be as follows (copy and paste in Terminal +Enter).

Install Mplayer in Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) some fix for the codecs on U.E 2.6- from the terminal

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install mplayer

Now there will be kind of long process to follow and do (kind of scary one) =Do Not worry about it !

First install the mediaplayerconnectivity in FireFox add-ons.

Then to the process that will Update/Upgrade the system codecs from the old codecs to the newer.
I ask you to insert Y in the terminal - After you will see tons of packages to Upgrade there,
And again = No worry about it it will be just fine - Nothing will go wrong with your system!!!

sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list

Then:

sudo apt-get -q update

Then:

sudo apt-get --yes -q --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring

Then:

sudo apt-get -q update

For i386 Users - 32 bit:

sudo apt-get install w32codecs libdvdcss2

For amd64 Users - 64 bit:

sudo apt-get install w64codecs libdvdcss2

In the end of the process - just Update/Upgrade your system,
close the terminal,Restart your machine and you are done with the codecs update.

To get more support with Multimedia on your system/to find the packages you need in Synaptic,
You can use the search in synaptic with this list of words.
gstreamer
mms
asf
plugin
codecs
flac
theora
avi
ffmpeg
mpeg
mpg
compress
convert
konverter
iso
heb
MPlayer
vlc
xmms
xine
mpg123
mpg321
video
audio
stream
ogg
flake
x264
libavcodec-51
vorbis
mp3
mp4
wma

I Have EDIT THE Guide for 2.6.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.
Admin-Amir

Re: 2.6 system- The multimedia guide.

Postby JustCallMeCrash » Tue May 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Most of your code is broken. Even hitting the "select all" link and pasting into a terminal doesn't work. I even retyped the commands directly into the terminal and it didn't work. (and yes, I know enough to take out the $$ you left all around in there)
Also, most of the commands in your code section don't work... the app-install-data-medibuntu in particular comes up as not found (and yes, I've updated apt)
Also, read through your code and you'll see that you instruct people to apt-get update two times in a row (instead of update and then upgrade). Noobs will catch a fit trying to use your method.
Perhaps someone could help hammer out some of these kinks? I went about it a different way and got everything I need working just fine (including flash), but I'm not confident enough to write a guide.
JustCallMeCrash
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby JustCallMeCrash » Tue May 04, 2010 10:20 pm

I just re-read my post and I sound like a jerk... that's not what I was going for! Sorry Amir, I think you've got a good start, but it needs some polish and perhaps some code checking.
JustCallMeCrash
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby deate » Tue May 04, 2010 11:16 pm

JustCallMeCrash wrote:I just re-read my post and I sound like a jerk... that's not what I was going for! Sorry Amir, I think you've got a good start, but it needs some polish and perhaps some code checking.

hey! don't try taking over my job as jerk! Ok, all kidding aside, Amir is from Israel, relies on translator progs. to do much of his work here...we've all been very busy, and worked many hours...so it's easy to miss some things sorry for that...but we won't be offended if you catch something wrong and point it out...we'll try to fix it, or if you know the fix, and are sure of it, don't hesitate to post your solution..and remember most importantly, leave the jerk comments to me...it's about all I'm good at...lol! oh, and by the way welcome aboard!!! hope you enjoy your stay!
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Re: The multimedia guide 2.6 system - [Update**]

Postby JustCallMeCrash » Thu May 06, 2010 9:05 pm

This is FAR better! Excellent update and well done. I seem to have missed the part where we installed Flash, though... :0?
JustCallMeCrash
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby JOHNNYG » Thu May 06, 2010 10:01 pm

JustCallMeCrash wrote:This is FAR better! Excellent update and well done. I seem to have missed the part where we installed Flash, though... :0?

try this! viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4650
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun May 09, 2010 5:13 pm

deate.

hey! don't try taking over my job as jerk! Ok, all kidding aside, Amir is from Israel, relies on translator progs. to do much of his work here...we've all been very busy, and worked many hours...so it's easy to miss some things sorry for that...but we won't be offended if you catch something wrong and point it out...we'll try to fix it, or if you know the fix, and are sure of it, don't hesitate to post your solution..and remember most importantly, leave the jerk comments to me...it's about all I'm good at...lol! oh, and by the way welcome aboard!!! hope you enjoy your stay!

<BREW>
Thank you for That bro ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby DaringSoule » Fri May 14, 2010 11:29 am

2 hrs messing with settings and downloads to find out that the problem with my sound is my grand daughter turned off the headset.. sometimes life is just over thought
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby deate » Fri May 14, 2010 1:58 pm

DaringSoule wrote:2 hrs messing with settings and downloads to find out that the problem with my sound is my grand daughter turned off the headset.. sometimes life is just over thought

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Man, I got to say that just cracked me up! Thanks for sharing!
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue May 25, 2010 7:06 am

Hello PPL.

Here you can find the packages that have to be install on your system to get all the support.
The packages are with the name that you use under synaptic search.
Hope this will solve allot of issues with Multimedia for you.

alsa.zip
(124.75 KiB) Downloaded 428 times

asf.zip
(208.23 KiB) Downloaded 392 times

Avif.zip
(48.79 KiB) Downloaded 404 times

FFmpeg.zip
(403.58 KiB) Downloaded 404 times

Gstreamer.zip
(658.68 KiB) Downloaded 401 times

Gstreamer.zip
(658.68 KiB) Downloaded 419 times

ISO.zip
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 394 times

lame.zip
(102.96 KiB) Downloaded 422 times

mpg.zip
(150.46 KiB) Downloaded 403 times

pulse audio.zip
(318.53 KiB) Downloaded 379 times

Theora.zip
(174.72 KiB) Downloaded 391 times

xmms.zip
(547.46 KiB) Downloaded 411 times

Audio.zip
(4.16 MiB) Downloaded 389 times

codecs.zip
(483.06 KiB) Downloaded 403 times

USB.zip
(645.91 KiB) Downloaded 409 times

Video.zip
(3.5 MiB) Downloaded 413 times

webcam.zip
(203.35 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
Admin-Amir

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)