Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Hardware issues post here please.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:34 am

Hello to you all.

Admin-Amir

Re: Hardware issues post here please.

Postby nynoah » Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

For some reason Ultimate Edition is not seeing my windows partition? Any way I can fix that?
nynoah
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.1 32 BIT

Re: Hardware issues post here please.[ SOLVED]

Postby nynoah » Mon May 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Wait I fixed it or found it. It is different that before. I went into System, administrator, disk utility. I then noticed that this time I had named it /windows. Which I was thinking would mount it like before. (I run a custom hard drive partition map so my "/" is separate from my "/home"). So I opened it up that way and then added it to my places on the Left side area.

All fixed..... Hope this helps someone out too.
nynoah
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.1 32 BIT

Postby shindou01 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:24 am

my desktop uses via chipset graphic accelerator, any ways to install the drivers?my laptop on the other hand works great with ultimate edition 2.6....i just haven't been able to find a way to install the via drivers for my desktop, or rather, i haven't found any required drivers for it...any ideas?
Compaq CQ40-401
AMD TurionX2 64
ATi Radeon HD3200
shindou01
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu May 13, 2010 9:31 am

Hello shindou01 and welcome to the U.E Forum.

can you please post your hardware specifics Video Card ,board.
Admin-Amir

Postby shindou01 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:57 pm

the mother board is a biostar and the graphic accelerator is a VIA P4M900 (if i'm not mistaken that is....
Compaq CQ40-401
AMD TurionX2 64
ATi Radeon HD3200
shindou01
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu May 13, 2010 1:05 pm

You can try to use the "legacy" mode-switching method in the "Device" section of /etc/xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
Driver "openchrome"
Option "ModeSwitchMethod" "legacy"
EndSection
Admin-Amir

Postby JimmyCroft » Thu May 13, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi,

I open system monitor our management (I dont know how it is called in english) and there shows that CPU1 - 42% CPU2 - 40%

Without running nothing in my computer the system use 42% of my processor capacity??? I'm using a HP Notebook Turion64x2 2.0Ghz, and 2gb ram. A good computer. Using windows 7 (which I guess is much more heavy than Ultimate Edition) my processor usage stay about 2- 6% without any program open. 32% is a very high difference... and for worst!

How could be the problem?
JimmyCroft
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 32 BIT

Postby zombiewhisperer » Thu May 13, 2010 3:36 pm

I work for HP and deal with this type of computer on a daily basis. I dont believe its the fact that it is linux as it is your settings or 'extra features' and extra services running in the background need to be turned of. There are things like print spooling, bluetooth and other checks that you may not need monitoring and functioning in the background just like using msconfig and services.msc within windows. The ultimate edition to me means FULLY LOADED and you may not need all the features it has to offer. If you installed a clean untouched version of ubuntu it would read differently than the ultimate edition. If you go to your startup applications setting you can edit your startup list and see what services and programs load up and run in the background.
Last edited by zombiewhisperer on Thu May 13, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ultimate Edition 2.6 (64) EXT4 .21 gen.
Win7 Ultimate ed. NTFS
Coolermaster NV690 Nvidia ed.
Gigabyte P55m-UD2
Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.0Ghz
G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 2000
SG 500GB x2 32mb (O/S)
SG 1.5TB x 2 32mb (Data)
WD 1TB x1 32mb(Data)
WD 120x2 8mb (Test drives)
LG Super multi DVDRW
EVGA GeForce 9800GTX

Asus F3Jm Laptop
Dual boot: Ubuntu Ult. Ed. 2.6(x86) EXT4,
OSXSnow Leo

Intel Centrino Duo 1.83Ghz
2 x 1G DDR2 667
WD 100G Sata 8mb cache
Nvidia Geforce 7600Go 512mb
Super Multi DVDRW
Intel 945PM Chipset
15.6' 1280x800
zombiewhisperer
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby JimmyCroft » Thu May 13, 2010 3:48 pm

zombiewhisperer wrote:I work for HP and deal with this type of computer on a daily basis. I dont believe its the fact that it is linux as it is your settings or 'extra features' and extra services running in the background need to be turned of. There are things like print spooling, bluetooth and other checks that you may not need monitoring and functioning in the background just like using msconfig and services.msc within windows. The ultimate edition to me means FULLY LOADED and you may not need all the features it has to offer. If you go to your startup applications setting you can edit your startup list and see what services and programs load up and run in the background.

How can I do that?
JimmyCroft
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 32 BIT

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)