Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.6, can it be?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.6, can it be?

Postby finetuch » Sat May 01, 2010 5:49 pm

Let me be the first to brag on Theemahns latest work, Ive said it before n ill say it again it is the best Iv ever seen. Mint, move out the way; were running you down. There is one issue for us Nvidia users. Thee put a purposed kernal on the 64 bit final. Its a turd don't try it with nvidia. Drop down to the 21 kernal and you will be happy.(nvidia users only).
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5
CPU: AMD Black Edition 965 Phentom II
RAM: 4 Gig Gskill RipJaws DDR III Dual Channel (unganged)@1600
Video: 1 Zotac 9600gt (Nvidia)
Hdd:1x TB sata3 WD ,1xTB USB 3.0 External , 1 500gb Hitachi external Esata
Rosewill Stalion series 450 watts
Burrner: 1 24xLight-On Dvd Burrner Sata,1 22x LG IDE
Audio: Realtek 8.1 Digital out to Sony STR-DE635 W/ Bose 201 Series 4 & b12 inch sub
finetuch
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby hdmax » Sun May 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Thanks goes out to everyone involved in putting this OP together. I don't post much, But I have been around awhile Since 2.2 I believe.
I was shocked when I downloaded 2.6 and was getting 2.7-3.5 MB's for the entire download. (22 minutes total time. What service.)
I am installing it now, so can't comment on the quality, just wanted to say thanks and many of us quite one still appreciate all the hard work that goes into these modified Ubuntu OS's.

Thanks again to all involved.
hdmax
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.6 Gamers

Postby Darasen » Sun May 02, 2010 9:32 pm

I just installed the 64 bit version. Thanks for your work I am looking forward to playing with this distro a bit.
Darasen
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Mon May 03, 2010 6:11 pm

I'm glad you like it. Welcome aboard Darasen.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Niteflyte2 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Thanks again TheeMahn for another masterpiece. Came down in fastest ever time 17:49.

I've been away for a spell and feels nice to be back. <BREW>

Toshiba QOSMIO X875 3D Laptop
Intel Core i7 3610QM 4 Cores 8 Threads
nVidia Geforce GTX 670M 3GB 1500MB GDDR5
750GB Hybrid HD - 1TB SATA-3 HD
External USB 3.0 HD - 4 X 3TB Seagate
17.3" TruBrite 120HZ Display
46" 120Hz 3D HDTV HDMI Display
Kingston 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
Blu-ray Disc Rewriteable

There is no greater religion than a truth
Niteflyte2
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby diablo10000 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:39 pm

i've been patiently waiting for this for a while now,cut my teeth on UE2.5, i'm downloading 2.6 as i type,i feel giddy as a little girl who just lost her virginity to the football captain. i can't wait to install it, you can see my specs in siggy and i'll let ya know if i have any probs. theeman you are the man <BREW>
diablo10000
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby D1Knight » Fri May 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Hey TheeMahn. :) Thank you and all those that helped to release Ultimate Edition 2.6 :D
D1Knight
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Postby fisheye » Mon May 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Thanks for the tip "deate" I'll check it out.
I just download Ultimate Edition 2.6, I love me new toys!! Great work guys. I'm working with the Live Disk for testing and it is fast. My ATI graphics card was picked up and automatically loaded the Compiz setting for 3D desktop; all the eye candy works much smoother with 2.6. Now to check JohnnyG for the animated wallpaper and multiple desktop.
fisheye
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sat May 15, 2010 1:18 pm

fisheye wrote:Thanks for the tip "deate" I'll check it out.
I just download Ultimate Edition 2.6, I love me new toys!! Great work guys. I'm working with the Live Disk for testing and it is fast. My ATI graphics card was picked up and automatically loaded the Compiz setting for 3D desktop; all the eye candy works much smoother with 2.6. Now to check JohnnyG for the animated wallpaper and multiple desktop.

I love that, a supported video card off the rip. Ultimate Edition 2.7 is coming (uploading as I type) and does the same on my rig. Maybe someday all cards will be supported "out of the box". The only setting in Ultimate Edition 2.6 that did not go through as far as Eyecandy is "Animations add-on" goto your setting manager and check that box. Cube caps etc. will come to life.

Thanks for all the nice comments Ladies & Gents.

TheeMahn
Attachments
sneak.png
A sneak peak ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby mgc1952 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:35 pm

I have got to agree with the above post on video out of the box. I was surprised when my laptop came up in Compiz with my radeon 3100 right out of the gate. I had fiddled some with lucid beta and didn't remember this happening. Is this something you did Theemahn?

If so, awesome? Looking forward to 2.7 - things can only get better with the work you do. Although I have to say - I could be happy with 2.6 for a long time to come if it wasn't pure desire for the latest greatest. 2.6 was just a stellar effort

Mark

PS still willing to beta test if you need one - starting to learn to code (I was a hardware and machine code guy back in the day) I am disabled and home most of the time with nothing but time - would love to help in some way if you need it
Toshiba L305D-S5881, 2GHZ AMD Turion X2 64, 3MB RAM, 200GB Hardrive, Writeable DVD/CD ROM, ATI Radeon Graphics,15" LCD, Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 bit
mgc1952
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)