Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Asrock p4i45gv + karmic 9.10

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.4

Asrock p4i45gv + karmic 9.10

Postby krakc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:05 am

(sorry for the bad english)

Hello

I had installed UUE2.3 (jaunty 9.04) and had trouble using my GeForce FX5200 graphics accelerator solve it by modifying the file "/ etc / modprobe.d / blacklist" and add the line "blacklist intel_agp.

Now I've installed (by connecting the monitor to the VGA internal graphic) version UUE2.4 gamers edition (karmic 9.10) and I again had the same problem with 9.04, then I tried the same solution, but does not work, because when I try Ubuntu enter the monitor connected to the accelerator I get the black screen with white bars and crashes the OS

Now I read that file to modify is called "/ etc / modprobe.d / blacklist.conf" try again with the solution of 9.04 did not work either.

I need urgent help.

Thank you.

Motherboard: P4i45GV
Accelerator: Nvidia GeForce FX5200
S.O. : Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamers Edition (karmic koala 9.10)
Si no lo intentas, nunca lo harás.
Colombia es pasión.
krakc
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Asrock p4i45gv + karmic 9.10

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:19 am

Hello krakc.

I can tell you that there is no problem with this Card on 9.10.
The FX5200 works fine for me and pass all the test for the Ultimate Edition
You are using the 9.04 -There was kind of problem with the Card this is correct.
on 9.10 there is no problem with the FX5200 graphics accelerator.
Just install the Driver from the Hardware Drivers.
Admin-Amir

Postby krakc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 am

The problem is not accelerating, the problem is the motherboard (Asrock) that has apparently conflict, that's what happened in 9.04 and so she had to put on the blacklist.

If I have understood correctly, you tell me you do the following:
1 - download the card driver nvidia geforce fx5200
2 - install it.
3 - restart Ubuntu in the bios and change of the internal graphics accelerator (VGA agi)
4 - save and exit the bios. ubuntu 9.10 then start normally and no longer will leave the black screen with white vertical bars

without adding anything to the blacklist or other strange settings??

As I understood your message?

thanks.
Colombia es pasión.
krakc
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:40 am

Hi krakc .

well no you did not get me right sorry.
Let's do it again please.

Go to System =>Administration =>Hardware Drivers.

99.png

There you have to Enable the 3D option,Then your Driver will be download and install.
You need to wait for the process to end,then Restart your machine.
After you will be back to your Desktop you can then Enable your Desktop effects.
This is the process to get it done.
you do not have to download your Driver from any Repo outside the synaptic or from the net.
Hope this wil clear the process for you.
Please update on the issue.
Admin-Amir

Postby krakc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Ok

Now if I understand what you mean.

But I said a few things:

1 - When you boot from the Live-CD drivers appear restrictive to me and asks me to install them, but I do not have internet access at home, I say you can not connect to http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu / pool/main/n/nvidia-settings/nvidia-settings_180.25-0ubuntu1_i386.deb from another location then download the package.

2 - Install Ubuntu 9.10 normally with my monitor connected to the motherboard port (VGA) with my accelerator connected to the port AGI (ASRock AGP), restart.

3 - When I go to my session of ubuntu 9.10 shall make no driver is restricting me, I go to System -> Administration -> driver manager and says that no drivers are using restrictive (but in the lice-cd, if I get the nvidia and asks me to download). So do not think I recognized the accelerator ... I fix this?, maybe my problem is situated there.

NOTE: I can install drivers without internet access or should I bring my computer to an internet point?

thanks for your fast answers.
Colombia es pasión.
krakc
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi krakc .

NOTE: I can install drivers without internet access or should I bring my computer to an internet point?

You must have internet connection on do download the Driver for the Card,and you must add Restricted Drivers
From the Ubuntu Tweak option + you need to Enable The Ubuntu X Drivers from the 3 party on the Ubuntu Tweak.
So as you can see there is Allot to do for getting the issues to solve the problem on your way.
Just to install the system will not solve much for you at this time.
You will need the Kernel update and so on.
Look up here for the post that in the Forum.
All has to be done with internet connection that is on.
Every package has to be sign by the server,
when you download the package from the Repo Like Synaptic..
you can have the Driver on your machine,
but it will not work for you just from this reason of sign by the server.
Admin-Amir

Postby krakc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:45 pm

OK.

then I must do the following: (corrieges me if I'm wrong)

1. I take my PC to an internet point.
2. Active drivers in Ubuntu tweak restrictive (reverse, universe and restrictive etc. ..)
3. Update my OS, reboot and you should see me to install the nvidia driver, I give the recommended install.
4. Reboot, change in bios vga to agi, start ubuntu normally and you can seamlessly enter and activate the visual effects

above is correct??

thanks.
Colombia es pasión.
krakc
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:53 pm

krakc .

1. I take my PC to an internet point.
2. Active drivers in Ubuntu tweak restrictive (reverse, universe and restrictive etc. ..)
3. Update my OS, reboot and you should see me to install the nvidia driver, I give the recommended install.
4. Reboot, change in bios vga to agi, start ubuntu normally and you can seamlessly enter and activate the visual effects

above is correct??

well yes the process is correct on the step by step,
just please make sure to get the Ubuntu Tweak NEW package.
you have it up here in the post of Ubuntu Tweak.
Then you will update/upgrade in the terminal your system (After the First round of the Update First).
Then install the new package of the Ubuntu Tweak,
and then again Update/Upgrade the System in the terminal.
Admin-Amir

Postby krakc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:07 pm

OK

thank you very much, take my PC to an internet point and actualizare, activare restrictive controllers for I detect posteare my accelerator and the results in about 6 hours when I get home.

thanks, I will be posting soon.
Colombia es pasión.
krakc
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:23 pm

krakc

Yes please update us on your issues and process done or not.
Admin-Amir

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.4