Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.4 has been released.

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.4

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.4 Work in progress...

Postby ezee » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:41 am

gr8...gr8....grrrr8 work. The best OS ever made.

Thanks to all contributors and ofcourse to The Man.
On
Ultimate Edition 3.4 LTE
Dell Inspiron 15R N5110(core i5, 4GB, NVD GT525M)
ezee
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby ekoice » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:43 am

new website template added :D
I hope you like it!

http://www.ultimate-edition.org/
ekoice

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby maddmike » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:51 pm

Hello all, my Ultimate Edition 2.4 installation has definitely been a work in progress. I had no idea how invigorating installing on really new hardware would be. After a week everything works almost perfectly. The catalyst video driver drops the refresh rate from 60Hz to 30Hz every once in a while, but I'll get that nailed down. Now I need to get Autocad 2010 working somehow and I'll be free from M$ completely.

Thanks for this great os, your time and effort is greatly appreciated. Man is it fast!!! And educational. And entertaining. While googling (many, many hours) I came across quite a few intelligently helpful (and quite few more than a few colorfully confusing) people.

Dammit! There goes that video thingy...
DESKTOP: Mjolnir
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P [AM3/DDR3]
CPU:
UNLOCKED & OVERCLOCKED AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE 3.1GHz ---> B50 X4 @ 3.71GHz
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9500A
Mem:
OVERCLOCKED OCZ AMD Black Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 @ 1412MHz
HDD [OS]: WD VelociRaptor 150GB 16MB Cache 10,000 RPM
HDD [DATA]: [4] WD Caviar 500GB SATA 7,200 RPM (RAID 1+0) == 1TB @ 4x read/2x write
VIDEO: [2] MSI Radeon HD 5770 1GB Crossfired
CASE: Antec Nine Hundred Two
PSU: Antec True Power 650W
DVD: Pioneer Black DVR-218L SATA DVD-R/+R, LabelFlash
Monitor 1: ASUS VH242H 23.6" 16:9 @ 1920x1080 HDMI
Monitor 2: Mitsubishi 65" DLP 1080p HDTV
LAPTOP: MSI CX700 17.3"
Dual Boot: Ultimate Edition 2.5 64 bit & Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
maddmike
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby poeml » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi,

Scott from Unixheads and I have set up a geographical redirector (MirrorBrain - http://mirrorbrain.org/) to load balance requests to the avaiable mirrors.

Thus, feel free to use http://ultimateedition.mirrorbrain.org/ from now on. The system uses the few known mirrors that I am aware of, plus another mirror (in Germany) that I'm contributing myself.

http://ultimateedition.mirrorbrain.org/ultimate-edition-2.4-x64.iso?mirrorlist
http://ultimateedition.mirrorbrain.org/ultimate-edition-2.4-x86.iso?mirrorlist

If there are more mirrors, please let us know, and we can add them.

The URL linked on distrowatch transparently uses the redirector as well, thus it should be a smoother experience for the people coming from there.

Peter

PS. The server name was "u e . mirrorbrain.org" until a minute ago, but it is impossible to type the letter u and e without it being transformed into Ultimate%20Edition in this board... ;)
poeml
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition KDE4

Postby unixheads » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:51 am

Hey, this is Scott from Unixheads.. I would like to thank Peter from Mirrorbrain, and need to encourage that we get this type of thing setup in the future. I managed this time, but really do not want to put my server through that again.

Ultimately, the mirrorbrain software would be ran and managed on the main webserver so that the maintainer has full control over the distribution. This makes the most sense, as mirrors come and go, the main URL never changes. And it allows everyone to share in the joy of being linked to on Distrowatch ;)

The only trouble will be is for sites like LinuxFreedom who rather you point to the download URL verses the ISO directly. But, issues like that can be addressed later.. MirrorBrain also utilizes the ASN information to route users to the nearest server to them. So if they are in Europe, they would go to Peter's server or ultimate-edition.org's server. In the US, mine and Linux Freedom.

There is also a scoring system, which gives preference to certain servers. We lowered LinuxFreedom's score as he is limited to a certain number of connections via FTP. Mirrorbrain "offlines" his server when he is maxed out, thus it stops sending him requests, and then "onlines" his server gain once there are connections available. This is all done automatically...

So, we all need to encourage TheeMan to get this setup on his webserver. He would not see the bandwidth as he would not be a download point, but he would see the hits as he would be the traffic cop. Next time around, I can not take the full load as I have other mirrors that get impacted. The OpenSUSE community has been a major contributor in donations and hardware, and thus I feel I must give them priority.

Blackwolf, on your other site.. You need to change the download links to not include the "?mirrorlist". By pointing to ultimateedition.mirrorbrain.org/*.iso, it will automatically start the download to the closest mirror to the user.

Thanks,
Scott
unixheads.org
unixheads

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 Gamers

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.4 has been released.

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Wow, what an excellent setup; thanks poeml. On release of Ultimate Edition 2.5 I would like to try and help host using this system. I would like to keep my xfer to around 175 mbit. Still allows plenty of bandwidth to spit webpages etc.

Makes the webpage I write smaller a one click and down she pours ;) We are currently seeing in excess of 50,000 pageviews a day just ultimateedition.info:
not slowing.png
Main Website

Scott, I will set it up that way on the Ultimate Edition 2.4 webpage... Where is all the above traffic coming from? We are no longer on distrowatch's homepage?

I now see:
/feed/ 103954 38.57 KB 24278 25225

Users of Ultimate Edition 2.4 built in (yarssr newsreader in the tray), not sure that was a good idea now. Then again they will know that Ultimate Edition 2.5 has been released within an hour.

Whatever is necessary to set this up on my end please advise.

TheeMahn,
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby ekoice » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:39 pm

some days of flood. enjoy!
ekoice

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby unixheads » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:34 pm

TheeMahn wrote:Wow, what an excellent setup; thanks poeml. On release of Ultimate Edition 2.5 I would like to try and help host using this system. I would like to keep my xfer to around 175 mbit. Still allows plenty of bandwidth to spit webpages etc.

Makes the webpage I write smaller a one click and down she pours ;) We are currently seeing in excess of 50,000 pageviews a day just ultimateedition.info:
not slowing.png

Scott, I will set it up that way on the Ultimate Edition 2.4 webpage... Where is all the above traffic coming from? We are no longer on distrowatch's homepage?

I now see:
/feed/ 103954 38.57 KB 24278 25225

Users of Ultimate Edition 2.4 built in (yarssr newsreader in the tray), not sure that was a good idea now. Then again they will know that Ultimate Edition 2.5 has been released within an hour.

Whatever is necessary to set this up on my end please advise.

TheeMahn,

TheeMahn,

Take a look at mirrorbrain.org for downloads and documentation, I have personally never set it up, but I am sure I can arrange all the assistance you need :-)

Scott
unixheads

Postby unixheads » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:41 pm

ekoice wrote:Image

some days of flood. enjoy!

I'd gather the spike is 600Mbit/s not Gbit/s, as you would have to have one neat network card :-).. But, welcome to my world for 1.5 weeks, and thanks for helping out.. By using the Mirrorbrain software, thanks to Peter, I have managed to allow my server to be effective for all my mirrors.

I think future releases of Ultimate Edition will be a much nicer roll out for all the end users as the traffic will be distributed. It would be nice to pick up a few additional hosts in the future. I have emailed TheeMan some suggestions on who he should talk with about that.

I may be adding an additional server on the east coast of the US in the future, which would help also..

Scott
unixheads.org
unixheads

Postby suraya » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:54 pm

where is x86 Torrent ?
suraya
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.4