Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.4 has been released.

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.4

Ultimate Edition 2.4 has been released.

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:09 pm

I thought I would open a thread and share a tid bit of info with you ladies & gents:

Please stand by for screenshots... We may have a release for forum members as early as this weekend ;) I have not even started on the webpage for it yet... But 2.4 x64 final is sitting on the server, I am currently building x86 of the same.

Any one of you admin / mods want to copy and paste my screenies from the admin section of the board? If not I will do so when I get time. Thanks Darkchild, see below post.

NEW DOWNLOAD LINKS! -- updated by unixheads
I have uploaded the ISO's to SourceForge! The ISO's are available there, and is the preferred download location. By using SourceForge, it uses their large network of mirror servers...

Global, Sourceforge (Preferred)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimateedition/files

US Server, Unixheads
http://ultimateedition.unixheads.org

Germany Server
http://www.ultimate-edition.org/

Australia Server
Ultimate Edition 2.4 32 Bit Version:
http://files.bigpond.com/library/?go=details&id=48444

Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 Bit Version:
http://files.bigpond.com/library/?go=details&id=48443

MD5SUMs
8732760a7d021879c26a9a8d73cc79da ultimate-edition-2.4-x64.iso

MD5SUMs
f666c59377e69b541743a4fb4f35aa52 ultimate-edition-2.4-x86.iso

x64 Torrent Please seed!!!!
http://www.mininova.org/tor/3148073
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5161559

Megaupload 1gb links

Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 Bit
Code: Select all
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AJN9MUG0
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SLQ3O11Q
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EAQAC1B8

Ultimate Edition 2.4 32 Bit
Code: Select all
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5G6TAL0P
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O2N2HHFZ
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=858CXGLD

ekoice Network:
http://www.ultimate-edition.org/

unixheads - x86-x64
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimateedition/files/

Whoever edited my post thanks for the md5sums, sad when a day comes I just do not have time. Thanks again.

Sorry to edit this again, but unixheads I will be solemnly impressed if you can handle what is coming, I have seen the best of the best go down. Where's Paul when I need him? To be honest I was impressed to see you still up, no pun intended. Can someone please drop me a torrent, I will be glad to add it. I hope the rest of the mirrors now understand what I deal with. Admin / mod etc. feel free to edit my post to add a torrent. If I say 400 TB I am not kidding.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.4 Work in progress...

Postby DarkChild » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:18 pm

Screen shots for the soon to be release of Ultimate Edition 2.4 as requested by TheeMahn
Attachments
desktop.png
Initial Desktop
install1.png
Installation begins.
install2.png
Location.
partitioning.png
Partition wizard.
partitioning2.png
Partitioning manual mode
user.png
User selection
rip.png
Let it rip...
installing.png
Installing...
complete.png
My favorite ;)
restricted.png
Restricted drivers
compiz.png
Compiz ;)
accessories.png
Accessories
games.png
Games
graphics.png
Graphics
internet.png
Internet
office.png
Office
programming.png
Programming
ultamatix.png
New Ultamatix?
wine.png
Wine & wine doors
system.png
Tons of toys, wifi for Windows a huge plus...
backgrounds.png
Backgrounds
themes.png
Themes out the wazoo...
gadgets.png
Gadget central
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby Hawks-SOAD » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:25 pm

its good to see 2.4 is nearly out in the open i cannot wait to test it on my new rig i have tried karmic but as we all know Ultimate edition is the bomb

thanks theemahn and everyone that contributed with some hard work
<BREW>
My Rig
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965, 3400 MHz
His Ati Radeon 5770 (one more to go)
4gb of Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF ddr 3 ram
Realtek ALC885/889A/890 Hd Audio
Esata
Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-E
250gb samsung sata 2.0 HDD
1 TB Seagate HDD

"walk softly and carry a big gun"
"life is only as hard as you make it to be"
"Ultimate Edition 2.8 is Ubuntu on steroids; lots and lots of steroids. You pretty much get it all with this badboy of a distro"
Currently dual booting :D Ultimate Edition and Windoze 7

Hawks-SOAD

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:42 pm

DarkChild wrote:Screen shots for the soon to be release of Ultimate Edition 2.4 as requested by TheeMahn

Thanks brother, I just got the hammer,. Lets see if anyone can figure out this screenshot...
Hammer.png
Don't I have 4 processors? What is this fdljfkdjlkdjfklj/home/theemahn/wip?

Let me break it down... That is my boot drive now in a external case plugged into Finetuches computer building Ultimate Edition 2.4 x86, why one might ask after I finished all but ISO creation of Ultimate Edition 2.4 x86 in Karmic, I clicked shutdown not restart as I almost always do. My computer shutdown permanently. It will not come back on, why I have yet to answer. So for the time being I am currently computerless. The mainboard I ordered for Finetuch yesterday, obviously is not here.

I may soon be doing the same. I will upload the ISO, I am sorry I have no way to test it other then in a virtual machine. Extreme circumstances sometimes calls for extreme measures, sorry gentlemen. I promise you the 64 bit Ultimate Edition 2.4 to be good, I just wish I could provide the same for the x86. We do have admin & beta testers right, this time I will not be one of them.

Results:
Total directory bytes: 108544
Path table size(bytes): 690
Max brk space used 3d000
1237779 extents written (2417 MB)

about the same size I do not think I missed anything.

For those of you that do not know who finetuch is... He is my right hand man and is #2 to receive Ultimate Edition, even before the net ever gets a taste of Ultimate Edition. He also provides feedback & is not afraid to tell me If I made an error, he actually enjoys flaunting it on the rare occasion that I do ;)

This entire house has been full of dismay, first My 1 TB hard disk smoked via the cat (knocked it off my speaker, I know why was it on there to begin with), finetuch's mainboard, does it end? It is uploading ETA about 12 hours.

I have tought him well, I ran by what my comp was doing, yes power was there, a power supply has 2 rails a 5 volt and 12 volt rail... He did suggest the power supply (wonder where he learned this stuff) I said Well if you like have at it, well that is exactly what it was. The power supply I had in my machine was no joke high dollar and very stable voltage. It has been faithful & I will buy the exact same power supply again, at least I now know the problem, thanks finetuch. I own his machine for the next 12 hours as it uploads ;) Sorry finetuch.

Let's try to get things into perspective, tomorrow, I have to do work for a family member, before I depart I will drop it to admin, mods and mirrors. It is a 2 day job I will be doing. I will be home Sunday w/o a doubt. It is then when I intend to release Ultimate Edition 2.4 to forum members. If nothing else I will personally host the release for forum members. When I write the page for 2.4 will most likely be Sunday (this is yet to be determined), I will be gone again Monday same job. Without a doubt things will come together by Tuesday. If I host at that time perhaps all sites will be down by Thursday. That is also no joke. I have alot to think about. I try not to hide what I deal with. I am probably the only individual that is aware of the impact of a release and the hooplah that comes along with it. Oh yeah then there is the hosting company, I am sure they know.

Funny they do not know it is coming. I do ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby DarkChild » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:50 pm

TheeMahn wrote:
DarkChild wrote:Screen shots for the soon to be release of Ultimate Edition 2.4 as requested by TheeMahn

Thanks brother, I just got the hammer,. Lets see if anyone can figure out this screenshot...
Hammer.png

Let me break it down... That is my boot drive now in a external case plugged into Finetuches computer building Ultimate Edition 2.4 x86, why one might ask after I finished all but ISO creation of Ultimate Edition 2.4 x86 in Karmic, I clicked shutdown not restart as I almost always do. My computer shutdown permanently. It will not come back on, why I have yet to answer. So for the time being I am currently computerless. The mainboard I ordered for Finetuch yesterday, obviously is not here.

I may soon be doing the same. I will upload the ISO, I am sorry I have no way to test it other then in a virtual machine. Extreme circumstances sometimes calls for extreme measures, sorry gentlemen. I promise you the 64 bit Ultimate Edition 2.4 to be good, I just wish I could provide the same for the x86.

No problem. Well, lets just hope that this shutdown is not a permanent one for your system!!
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:06 am

All good now gentlemen, I am looking at buying a power supply, would prefer a new mainboard. The job I am doing would have bought me a new mainboard & would have been killer. I guess it will be a power supply sux ;)

Finding out the truth sometimes sucks ;) I do not have time to troubleshoot. I am just glad I taught finetuch how to do so ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby maxmojo53 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:47 pm

TheeMan you are truely amazing. I mean Ubu just came out and I figured we had at least 2 weeks more before us regular folk got our sticky little hands (from the Twinkies and YooHoo we live on) on our favorite distro. Mint probably has another month and Clem has a lot more help then you do. Once again we all thank you for all your hard work and please know that we really do appreciate it. It's almost like it's a holiday when there's a new release. (I really got to get a life). posting.php?mode=reply&f=65&t=4034#

max
Core 2 Quad Q9400
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P
Nvidia GTS 250 1024
2-500gb SATA, 1-260gb SATA, 1- 500gb Free Agent
8gb Corsair mem. Happague PVR-150 TV Capture card
Ultimate Edition 2.9 64, Windows 7
maxmojo53
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:48 am

maxmojo53 wrote:TheeMan you are truely amazing. I mean Ubu just came out and I figured we had at least 2 weeks more before us regular folk got our sticky little hands (from the Twinkies and YooHoo we live on) on our favorite distro. Mint probably has another month and Clem has a lot more help then you do. Once again we all thank you for all your hard work and please know that we really do appreciate it. It's almost like it's a holiday when there's a new release. (I really got to get a life). posting.php?mode=reply&f=65&t=4034#

max

Thanks brother, let me share something with you. I have shared this with admin:
100tb.jpg
100 Terabytes out in a week & Ultimate Edition 2.4 does not exist "yet" right. Actually it is the 92 selected plus the 12 above "viewed" 104 TB, but who is counting ;)

Tomorrow, you and every forum member will be able to come to this exact post and grab Ultimate Edition 2.4, the mainpage is not done so a bonus to being a forum member. I personally will host it, for forum members. I do not know if I will do so when it hits homepage. This is being discussed within admin.

Which is better, try and help host and all sites go down including this one or absorb the punch and do not host until traffic calms down?

You do realize the homepage is viewed in excess of 300,000 times a month, that is all good as long as not 300,000 downloads of Ultimate Edition per month, we then start talking Exobytes? I am incapable of providing period. 92 + 12 = what, oh that is right I am not counting ;)

Do not lose hope I read a newsletter from my hosting company today & they told me as a whole they have sent out 4.4 Petabytes last month. I am certain I had a chunk in that. Do the math on that one. At that rate I would be the .4 petabytes & then some. 4,470 TB I believe to be what they quoted me at.

Am I wrong? Please see my screenshot. If it was there 1/2 a petabyte squat to me. I do not have those kind of pockets. I can soak any line I am on period. The server we are on is unmatched unless I have super deep pockets period. I have an admin that tells me he is hosted free and dedicated, sounds good does it not? The line is why I will remain here. & glad to pay. Does no names mentioned send out 1/2 a petabyte a month & provides multiple O/S's?

Connectivity is #1 to me. Welcome to the planet. What would hosting on a 100 mbit line do for me? Would I ever see 1/2 a petabyte even if 24/7? How about gigabit? We have gigabit connections as far a mirrors a TB is the max in one day they have seen. Do you think that to be my max? The gigabit connection is the bottleneck. Todays education comes to a halt. I want you to think what is the max I have ever sent in 1 day. It will rock your world, it did mine ;) Get this then "we" went down ;)

Allow me to intervene, I am good up until 1/2 a mill a day. The pageviews mean $#!% to me. ~40,000 previously & folded with godaddy. I have a huge decision to make. Every idiot & their mom is going to be on downloading such. Feel me yet? I prefer it to be forum only, I have time to make those decisions. Heavy sorry admin, just want the honesty out. Let really break this down we have ~ 9000 members here on this forum, I will feed you tomorrow. Do I need say more? Lets not think about the 300,000+ views ;)

TheeMahn,

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby john papineau » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:46 am

I my name is John and I like to know were can I download Utimate Edition 2.4
john papineau
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby john papineau » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:53 am

I have a problem in Utimate edition 2.3 I try to play american army but when I log in to play it give me a punk buster error
john papineau
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.4