Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

WARCRAFT FROZEN THRONE

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

WARCRAFT FROZEN THRONE

Postby dyackalXP » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:33 am

Hey i just want to know if somebody here played warcraft frozen throne on Ultimate Edition 2.3? and what kind of machine you used and if you got any problem with it? that want to know.. because i want to play if on my P4 i got the Ultimate Edition 2.3 working and the effects is ok 3d box and all.. but the ATI catalyst video display driver it not installed on my system, anyways i got ATI redeon 9550 so any inputs on this? thanks..
dyackalXP
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: WARCRAFT FROZEN THRONE

Postby Cell » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:51 am

I could be wrong...but you won't be able to play it in wine with out ATI's driver.Wine doesn't have really good 3d with the linux ATI linux driver.

If your heart is set on playing it then I would use any Ultimate Edition before the one you have already.The ATI CCC works on those pretty good....but everyone's mileage varies.

I had a killer gaming machine running on 2.0. Ran all my games from windows,and of course the native games.

In fact I'm thinking about going back to 2.0,or hacking 2.3 to run the ATI driver.<somewhere I posted instructions on how to do this....or I might just buy a Nvidia card.

Cell
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby dyackalXP » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 am

Thanks for the post im in the process of downloading UE2.5 and i guest ATI 9.12 driver works with karmic i will try to download also the ATI Driver 9.12 see whats up. and if you can post here an instruction on how to install ATI driver for Ultimate Edition 2.4 or Ultimate Edition 2.5.the reason i will change to 2.5 if that the wine is updated and some additional packages are installed and i will try to install the driver that i think will work even i dont have internet back home..by the way im using internet outside im testing it all before i do apply for an internet soon..i mean im planning in opening up an internet shop an small one that way im in the process of testing it the Ultimate Edition 2.3 and i try to work on the ATI driver so afar all fails. Like i say im now downloading 2.5 and the ATI driver 9.12 they say it support linux kernel 2.6.30 ....
dyackalXP
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Cell » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 pm

If you are the one with a 9500 ATI card then the ATI driver will not work.(If your not then disregard this.)
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive