Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Problem regarding some packages & python-kde

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

Problem regarding some packages & python-kde

Postby dyackalXP » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:14 am

I love Ultimate Edition 2.3 but I'd like to point out something regarding some packages that i want to install. ( i dont have internet access at home so. i did download some files i need outside) here some of the problems that i encounter using Ultimate Edition 2.3.

when i try to double click the package that i downloaded --> pokerth_0.6.3-1_i386

got an error --- > Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libboost-filesystem1.34.1 (>= 1.34.1-8)

when i got to synaptic package manager and look for that packages it says that i have on my system is 1.34.1-15 i even got some package llike 1.35.1.-something...

But... i do resolved the problem by installing the pokerth windows version i install it using wine and it works... i played it using wine... imaging that...hehehe.

i want to install the envy for installing the ATI driver so that i can play some game that requires Opengl because i think thats the ptoblem here

i download outside because like i said before i don't have internet at home, i got the file envy_0.8.1-0ubuntu6_all.deb
open it and i got an error msg.

Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: python2.4

check with the synaptic package manager for python2.4
i got some file and the python-kde4

Description.
Python bindings for the KDE 4 libraries

This package contains PyKDE4, the Python bindings for the KDE 4
libraries, that allow you to write KDE programs using Python instead of
C++. It contains the following modules under the PyKDE4 namespace:

* kdecore
* kdeui
* khtml
* kio
* kparts
* ktexteditor
* kutils
* solid

This package provides modules for all supported Python versions.

ati-driver-installer-9-3-x86.x86_64

Other problem im having..., when i try to install some package in terminal using sudo apt-get install ...i get an error like this...after i enter my passoword

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package (e.x. theresapackage.deb here)
dyackalXP
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Problem regarding some packages & python-kde

Postby Cell » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:36 am

If you haven't...make sure the ubuntu repos are checked in synaptics.As it is installed the only repo enabled is the Ultimate Edition repo.

Edit:How many times do I have to tell ya that ATI's driver WILL NOT WORK with you system specs on a Jaunty based os....unless its hacked.
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive