Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.3 has been released...

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

Ultimate Edition 2.3 has been released...

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:46 pm

07/23/09: We have a release & I am glad I paid for the new server it is spitting out over 2 Gigabytes of info a minute. Solid hosting on six separate servers through out the US. If they remain up I will drop a link of who they are and so far they come highly recommended. I may move all servers there if they hold out. More expensive, but obviously well worth it. I have dropped screenshots of it in admin section crazy speed. I can see stats in realtime something I can't do with current hosting as this site is hosted on. 2GB a minute hmm that sounds like a happy customer roughly every minute ;)

07/22/09: The webpage for Ultimate Edition 2.3 is not even finished. Are you a registered forum member? Have it today.

07/17/09:
Here it comes gents, announced to my admin, not 2 minutes ago:
Ultimate Edition 2.3 x64 Final is uploading 254 upgrades from the 2.3 beta many from Ultamatix repo (also integrated in the 3rd party sources), newer kernel BTW -14 and a updated theme the red menus are history. Added Ultamatix released today, set a "announcement" on the Ultimate Edition homepage. The download server has been feeling the feeling ever since with a minute or 2 of the announcement I went back and checked the stats and it had already been downloaded 10 times ;)

Ultimate Edition 2.3 size: 2.2 GB (2,378,180,608 bytes) too large for Main Download Server so it will be pushed to The new server.

Lets see now what is next on my agenda:
next please.png
x86 is next on the agenda

Good thing about it is I can build it from x64 unlike x64 from x86.

Amazing what I can accomplish when I lay off the "Sauce", reap what you sew eddie ;)

Give me a day or 2 both will be sitting there and we will have a release. I may give you gents a day or 2 to grab them both, before I unleash it on the world. The exception to that rule will be if I get dugg for Ultamatix or similar.

Enjoy Gentlemen,

TheeMahn

A few shots after installed, I may make a new screen cast alot has changed since the "Beta":
23.png
KDE, XFCE & new Ultamatix

tools.png
Scaning for virus's on my windows drive & downloading from "clawhammer" the ol ladys machine ;)

Mental note: Buy gigabit router the "bottleneck", I have 3 comps networked here SledgeHammer (mine), ClawHammer & a Piece of junk called BallpeanHammer ;)
compiz.png
You don't think I would forget compiz did you ;)

Actually I am going to build Ultimate Edition 2.3 x86 & worry about screenshots later.

I will come back and put up more screenshots later of KDE environment, I do not want to log out I am uploading ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.3 Work in progress...

Postby ixnod » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:14 pm

already got hard drive space ready!! <BREW>
Laptop. Macbook pro dual boot U.E 2.6 64 2.8 Ghz core2duo
Desktop:
Core I7 820, ATI 5870 radeon HD graphics Ultimate Edition 2.7
maxtor 320 gig external usb
1.5 Tb external Hd
Hp c5100 photosmart printer (networked and wireless)
ixnod
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:31 pm

ixnod wrote:already got hard drive space ready!! <BREW>

Should have known... admins / mods are probably "watching" my posts ;) It just may put a dent in your hard disk, it is large once installed, you will see tomorrow.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby dathem » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:36 pm

Hey Thee, Ultimate Edition 2.2 is darn near perfect for me, so many things work right out of the box! I am installing it on another computer as I type this. I will have 2 computers waiting for 2.3 as well! Can't wait to see your great works of art!
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:56 pm

dathem wrote:Hey Thee, Ultimate Edition 2.2 is darn near perfect for me, so many things work right out of the box! I am installing it on another computer as I type this. I will have 2 computers waiting for 2.3 as well! Can't wait to see your great works of art!

I am going to be straight with you. I only created Ultimate Edition 2.3 to address users of KDE it is basically Ultimate Edition 2.2 hyped up with a new theme (kubuntu customisations are currently on hold does not mean it will stay that way), I made btw using Azenis & J.J Yangs work; not that I had to ask permission as they are released GPL, and still did. I did however toss the Icon theme in the trash it was artistic license, I have gimped I bet 9000+ icons that are GPL since ;) The theme in the screencast that is coming has changed I bet 100 times since; it is a screencast of me installing it on one of my local beta testers system. The software you see has changed the theme tons.

Ever heard the term "best of both worlds"? with this you have 3.

I will drop the screencast once it has finished uploading to youtube... My admin are now saying don't do that slows down my ability to download it ;) My bandwidth is now fully saturated. I have crap for an internet connection. I am NOT refering to our servers or mirrors ;) It has to get there somehow right :)

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:11 pm

Nick wrote:My current experience with Karmic,server kernal & ext 4 has me panting in anticipation for this release :lol:

This is not karmic based Ultimate Edition 2.4 will be see post above yours. Do you think I should make one for admin to test? this is what worries me I base on stable. I will not drop public as they do, please think about what I just said. I want you to do the math on this one... Public beta testing based on what I said, but please realise I am but 1 man ;)

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby dathem » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:24 pm

Hey Thee, Thanks for letting me know that 2.3 is going to be more or less KDE. I like the gnome interface better but I haven't tried any Linux Distro's recently with the newer KDE. So, I would still try it out, that is why I have so many older computers to play around with. I am never totally satisfied it seems and I have tried out about 12 different Linux distro's. Recently I tried out Yellow Dog on my Mac G4's and G3, but all 3 installs ended in failure. All 3 installs ended with install complete, reboot and have fun. Rebooted and all 3 had the blinking ?. So, no joy at all, there forum was no help at all either, so all 3 have a Mac OS. Right now I removed Jaunty and installed your Ultimate Edition 2.2 on one computer.

Your work just works so well for me! I need to update my sig!
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby ixnod » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Nick wrote:
TheeMahn wrote:
Nick wrote:My current experience with Karmic,server kernal & ext 4 has me panting in anticipation for this release :lol:

This is not karmic based Ultimate Edition 2.4 will be see post above yours. Do you think I should make one for admin to test? this is what worries me I base on stable. I will not drop public as they do, please think about what I just said.

TheeMahn

Woops-mistaken somewhere. Thought it was going to be Karmic based. No worries, will still be getting my grubby hands on it to test :lol: No I think you should not pre release unstable version either ;)

if we release unstable, then we go the way of windows. its one thing to pay for the right to beta test software. another to have it free. but when you pay for it, and no one tells you that you are beta testing it....

VISTA!!
Desktop:
1.5 Tb external Hd
ixnod
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:58 pm

dathem wrote:Hey Thee, Thanks for letting me know that 2.3 is going to be more or less KDE. I like the gnome interface better but I haven't tried any Linux Distro's recently with the newer KDE. So, I would still try it out, that is why I have so many older computers to play around with. I am never totally satisfied it seems and I have tried out about 12 different Linux distro's. Recently I tried out Yellow Dog on my Mac G4's and G3, but all 3 installs ended in failure. All 3 installs ended with install complete, reboot and have fun. Rebooted and all 3 had the blinking ?. So, no joy at all, there forum was no help at all either, so all 3 have a Mac OS. Right now I removed Jaunty and installed your Ultimate Edition 2.2 on one computer.

Your work just works so well for me! I need to update my sig!

Based on your sig... are you trying to tell me you want to be a beta tester? I get those requests all day long ;) No Ultimate Edition 2.3 is Ultimate Edition 2.2 upgraded & additions this means Gnome, KDE, XFCE side by side in a single distro, the bonus's I refer to are requested XBMC for example GTK based antivirus scanner not for Ultimate Edition, but to scan your windows drive ;) Lanshark is not in Ultimate Edition 2.2 lets see if it is in Ultimate Edition 2.3 once again an example, does not install in Ultimate Edition 2.2 chroot I am way beyond that. The errors software makers make I clean up. Do I slander them NO, my admin can see some of what I see. I do not file "bug reports" if I can fix them w/o an overhaul. Everything just comes easy to me. KDE has been anything, but easy to me, but I am always learning.

Let me try and break this down, eventually I will know virtually everything about KDE, gnome to me is now on the back burner & when I am done have a full audience. Did you know I see things happen in real time & could say don't do that... it is not in compliance... Who makes those decisions in our *nix world? I am not talking debian, ubuntu, but *nix based O/S's? No my name is not lintian. I will however always take that extra step to ensure your Ultimate Edition 4.4 & what lintian does not catch ;) Ultimately this is what gets me I am but 1 man, how many do they have?

and thanks btw,
TheeMahn
Attachments
all.png
What I mean by "best of 3 worlds" Admin have seen shots of KDE ;)

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby ixnod » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:08 pm

I can attest to Thee's fixes. done seen the logs before and after the fix, and so glad i get to beta test. now the in house alphas, on the other hand. They get to play with the fire. borking and reinstalling, reinstalling and reborking their sytems and we betas get it just as the glue is beginning to dry. then we try rip the seams out a little and chew on the corners if there are still issues we cry and whine and moan and tell Thee " hey it won't work wit my system, I tried this that and the other then went over to canonical posted my comlaint. went to google and came back here... now how do we fix it?
Desktop:
1.5 Tb external Hd
ixnod
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.3