Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

far from jaunty's bug!!

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.2

far from jaunty's bug!!

Postby ezee » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:12 pm

As version 2.2 is going to based on jaunty.Would the new release will be apart from jaunty's bug i.e. jaunty's buggy graphics performance, which is specially being faced by users with intel on-board graphics card.
On
Ultimate Edition 3.4 LTE
Dell Inspiron 15R N5110(core i5, 4GB, NVD GT525M)
ezee
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: far from jaunty's bug!!

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:00 pm

ezee wrote:As version 2.2 is going to based on jaunty.Would the new release will be apart from jaunty's bug i.e. jaunty's buggy graphics performance, which is specially being faced by users with intel on-board graphics card.

Ultimate Edition Version 2.2 will be will be more advanced then that of Ubuntu's counterpart, a newer kernel for example. I guess what I am trying to say there is a better chance etc. That you will have problems you may face in Jaunty v/s Jaguar, btw the codename for the release of Ultimate Edition 2.2:
jaguar.png
Ultimate Edition 2.2 Jaguar

I have just uploaded a "Theme Pack" for admin testing, currently only supports x86.

I have built the entire distro and works, however I am not happy with it on the eyecandy side, functions perfectly. Probably 1 more build is in order.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby ezee » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:38 pm

Thanks 4 replying admin sir.

It is very good to see that pic. We all know, Why Ultimate Edition is the best flavor and always expect more and better with on going development works. BTW on which date/month u are looking to launch the new distro?
On
Ultimate Edition 3.4 LTE
Dell Inspiron 15R N5110(core i5, 4GB, NVD GT525M)
ezee
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:51 am

ezee wrote:Thanks 4 replying admin sir.

It is very good to see that pic. We all know, Why Ultimate Edition is the best flavor and always expect more and better with on going development works. BTW on which date/month u are looking to launch the new distro?

I would love nothing more then to say today, however that is not the situation. I have and always will be a creature of my own demise. I will not place any release on the net until I and beta testers feel it is worthy of your partaking.

The release I have tested in my words is not even worth that of my admin to embrace, however it is awesome in my own words. Local testing I look to start tomorrow, admin /mods and mirrors shortly there after. It all goes down hill after that.

Sorry about my avatar being xmas. I have been gone close to that long, or at least that was when I stopped caring ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby DarkChild » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:43 pm

I especially like the dragons on 2.0 and wish there was a way to have them on my desktop of 2.1.
Sincerely,
Dr. P. Vennkmann
Canada
[email protected]

Hello Vennkmann.
You can get the different Theme Packs from the link provided below so that you can get all the Themes, Wallpaper, Icon and Login Screen etc from all the previous release of Ultimate Edition. If you don't want to install the full deb package, just extract them and take out the different wallpapers that u like :)

Theme Packs Link:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1670
Last edited by Blackwolf on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong code used
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby Fader » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:32 pm

I'm glad Theemahn is back. I want to know if your aware that jaunty drops wireless connections and you basically have to restart your computer or router to reconnect and this is like every 10 minutes or less(obviously I dont use jaunty on my laptop). Its real annoying and its hard to understand how they could mess up so bad when it WORKED previously. Thats whats so messed up about jaunty, the previous worked way better. Almost all previous versions(I havent tested them all) saw both my dvd drives but jaunty doesnt see one of them. Not to mention the bugs in software that were introduced. With that kind of nonsense, the slight increase in speed is no reason for me to move from intrepid.

Its too bad Ultimate 2.2 has to be built on ubuntus current short comings. Since your working on it to improve it for your release, I hope you are able to make a release of jaunty that it was suppose to be. Faster, without the introduction of all the problems it came with.
CPU: Pentium 4 3Ghz
Chieftec Dragon case(old alienware style)
Mainboard : MSI MS-7028
Ram: 2GB
HDD: Samsung 160GB 7200rpm SATA
Optical Drive: Samsung DVD-RW
VGA: Gigabtye 7200 GS 256mb
Fader
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Cell » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:15 pm

In all fairness Fader your comments are generalized and only affect a handful.I use an rc of jaunty on a laptop....never had a problem.
For starters how about listing your hardware under your name so I,and others can help more.
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby dathem » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Hello, Fader, we have all had problems at one time or another but your general complaining without giving us any info on your computers doesn't help you or any one else help you solve those issues. I have Jaunty on 2 computers and Ultimate Edition 2.1 on 3 computers, and one of those 3 is a dual boot between both Jaunty and Ultimate Edition 2.1. I think that Jaunty works pretty good on my systems. I can hardly wait to try out Ultimate Edition 2.2.
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Dr. Venkmann wrote:
TheeMahn wrote:
ezee wrote:As version 2.2 is going to based on jaunty.Would the new release will be apart from jaunty's bug i.e. jaunty's buggy graphics performance, which is specially being faced by users with intel on-board graphics card.

Ultimate Edition Version 2.2 will be will be more advanced then that of Ubuntu's counterpart, a newer kernel for example. I guess what I am trying to say there is a better chance etc. That you will have problems you may face in Jaunty v/s Jaguar, btw the codename for the release of Ultimate Edition 2.2:
jaguar.png

I have just uploaded a "Theme Pack" for admin testing, currently only supports x86.

I have built the entire distro and works, however I am not happy with it on the eyecandy side, functions perfectly. Probably 1 more build is in order.

TheeMahn

Firstly, hello and thank you ThreeMahn and team for the wonderful results in Ultimate Edition 2.1. I have now used it for three mmonths and am keeping it so would like to contribute to your work. What would you like to see as a fair price for the use of this distribution? Please give me a figure rather than a 'give what you can' answer as people never give much -- if you don't value your work. Send me a note at [[email protected]]

Firstly, I foolishly thought that Ubuntu was looking after my best interests and allowed Synaptic to upgrade Ultimate Edition 2.1 to 9.04. This was an unmitigated disaster. I not only lost control of virtually any graphic-related undertaking (11 crashes in the first hour) I eventually lost data. As I own a Toshiba Satellite P300 laptop running Intel's 965 Mobile Chipset, I now realize the Jaunty Jackass will negatively effect virtually every one of the tens of millions of Toshiba (and other brands) of laptops around the globe. Granted that less than 3% may be running Ubuntu but it still does not bode well. In the end I had to re-load Ultimate Edition 2.1 as I could not save it.

Secondly, I think the Ubuntu people have shot themselves in the foot with Jaunty just as surely and stupidly as Microsoft did with Vista. I am not aware of the intriciacies that go into each new release, but it seems to me that 8:04 worked splendidly so why did they change it? As my grandfather used to say "Put that down, and stop fiddling with it. You won't be happy until you break it, will you?" Yes, and he also said "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Corney? No. Actual Truisms from the past that apply to the digital world of today. They should be blazoned onto the desktops of each programmer and cod-writer of every Linux distribution. Change is not always good and not always needed.

Finaly, could you and your team ensure that the marvellous wallpapers in all previous Ultimate Edition releases be included in the wallpaper folder of 2.2? I think this would be a very good thing that celebrates the pedigree and graphic art of this terrific distribution. I especially like the dragons on 2.0 and wish there was a way to have them on my desktop of 2.1.
Sincerely,
Dr. P. Vennkmann
Canada
[email protected]

As far as Ultimate Edition 2.2 is concerned... I have no choice, but to utilise what they call stable (9.04) and build upon it, btw a newer kernel & selectable after installation -11 or -12 (newer then Jackalope has). Your issue may have been resolved within the newer kernel one can only hope. I tried to allow an alternative to the end user - selectable after installation.

I too see issues Xorg in their infinite wisdom have decided to remove support for accelerated graphics with ATI based Video cards I have 2 in my machine I build Ultimate Edition with... A true hassle in itself. I miss Compiz an issue I will resolve when I have time. My priorities are the end user & not my own machine. I have not even put Ultimate Edition's website back to 100% or 2 others I own. I have built Ultimate Edition 2.2 probably 100 times (uploading as I type this) Default homepage I set as http://ultimateedition.info/ instead of by release as I did in 2.1 non-existent webpage as I am sure you are aware of ;)

Wireless wise I have included tools to hopefully rectify your situation, hopefully it was not work in vein.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.2