Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Wired Connection Cannot Obtain IP Address [SOLVED]

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.1

Re: Wired Connection Cannot Obtain IP Address

Postby archeryguru2000 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:47 am

DarkChild wrote:archeryguru2000, have you tried boot the Ultimate Edition 2.1 in Live Session to see what the outcome is like with the wired net? If not i will suggest that you do just that for testing purpose. I figure more than less at this stage that your problem maybe branching from so missing/broken packages!!

Sorry for the long response time. I had pretty much given up on the issue a couple of weeks ago. I will see if I can find my Live disc and give it a try. I'll keep you posted if I find it.
archeryguru2000
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby archeryguru2000 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Ok, found my live cd. Actually I stumbled upon it getting ready for the spring semester about a week ago. Anyway, tried to connect to the wired network from the live cd and I still get the exact same response. Upon connecting the cable to the computer the little green dots (on the network manager icon) circle each other for about a minute or two... and then it gives up. I'm at a loss here. I've pretty much given up any/all hope of connecting to the wired network here.

Thanks anyway,
~~archery~~
~~archery~~
archeryguru2000
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby archeryguru2000 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Hmm, really weird here. Friday, just before leaving for the day, I needed to print something. So, I don't know what made me try but, I plugged in the cable to connect to the wired network and... instant connection! I checked for local network printers, and found them... all of them! Printed what I needed and then left for the day. Thinking it may have been a fluke I waited until Monday (today) and checked again. And apparently everything is fine now. <BREW> I do not remember updating anything pertaining to network-manager (or the like), but something has changed. Either way, I thought I would come back here and mark this thread as... well, it's closed, but not truly solved.

Thanks for the assistance,
~~archery~~
~~archery~~
archeryguru2000
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.1