Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Are you Ex(pi)rienced?

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Are you Ex(pi)rienced?

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:25 pm

pibanged.png

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: Are you Ex(pi)rienced?

Postby Micro » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:25 pm

Kali Linux 1.0 running on pi with an Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW which picks up signals from 4 blocks away, says the resident hacker from our IA section... ;)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Micro wrote:Kali Linux 1.0 running on pi with an Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW which picks up signals from 4 blocks away, says the resident hacker from our IA section... ;)

My second flash on this was Kali <BREW> , downloaded when I downloaded Kali KDE before I even started on the Pi. Need to see what this thing can do and then revisit. It's crazy how much time can go by setting these things up! Often just to start all over, but it's cool because OMG, I have like..the most awesome pi like ever. I haven't actually tried Raspbian yet. I think I need to order a stack of SD cards and another pi or two, these things are sweet.

BodhiPi2.png

Most successful thus far. In case some random pi enthusiast pops by, this is February's image, fully expanded with partition manager before putting on the pi. This is necessary for the next step, installing gnome-control center. Why no pi image I encounter comes with Alsaplayer installed I haven't a clue but that is added, plus conky, because watching your cpu is somewhat paramount here, but I need it to be simple for the same reason it is needed. Alsaplayer allows you to stream .pls with little impact on resources. OMV works with a click here and that is awesome. Gnome-control-center may not be something to add if you are not using hdmi, but it makes life easier all the way around, and overrides any sound issues.

Funny, I didn't particularly care for Bodhi before, it felt loose, like DSL or Puppy, a heavy project with little reward. This is why it doesn't pay to hate and become a fanboy, variety is the spice of life, an essential ingredient in Linux. Still...won't be seeing any MINT here ;) The Bodhi green got to me, it had to go :lol:
Last edited by Xanayoshi on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby pam » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:49 pm

:vil2_karate
Real solid Xan!!

:D
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:28 pm

pam wrote::vil2_karate
Real solid Xan!!

:D

Thank You 8-)

gnomefallback.png

Some fallback on Pi. This was done with Raspbian, I ran LXDE. Openbox, Gnome-Openbox. Gnome CLassic, no problems but XFCE presented issues, of course there really is no advantage in multiple DE I think, but why not? Probably should have stuck with LXDE, but I didn't notice fallback being to hard on the system.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:23 pm

classic.png

I mentioned on OZ the difficulties getting to DM off Bodhi, and have stumbled across a way to solve the issue.
Code: Select all
apt-get remove nodm

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Ugh, I forgot, that won't completely solve the issue, there are also a bunch of modifications to lightdm, sooo

sudo passwd

bodhilinux is password, then enter your own

su

apt-get purge lightdm

apt-get install lightdm

apt-get remove nodm

This will take you out of x, do not startx
su

poweroff

Restart Pi
Now it should be at lightdm
Login is pi
Password is bodhilinux

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:38 pm

XAN, now this is why I say you should give building a shot! You have got the ingenuity that it takes!!!!Very awesome to see! Hope you never stop as get great info and ideas from all this!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:23 pm

BBOSAK2143 wrote:XAN, now this is why I say you should give building a shot! You have got the ingenuity that it takes!!!!Very awesome to see! Hope you never stop as get great info and ideas from all this!

Maybe one day, I am still pretty new to all this, thank you very much for the kind words. I am sure I will experiment with your builds long before that ever happens, but I am still having fun with this but it does become daunting.

I did go back to working Kali for a little while and everything was going fine, but I am having issues replacing pulseaudio because it doesn't work too well with HDMI, I can get it going but it's just awful. I didn't think about it, but yeahhhh XFCE4. These are all emulates so there are going to be issues, like a large percentage of pi images come with VLC but I still haven't seen how it's useful. Even skinning it down to nothing it's heavy and a heavy skin will freeze everything up, but it tends to have audio hiccups, so Kali, with VLC and pulseaudio is just worthless. Not a big deal but I need to track down the alsapackages for the system tray in the raspian repos. Kali is not really for media anyways, what it's for it is setup well, but I don't really care for XFCE at any rate. It is very fast and responsive and for what Kali is that makes a bit of difference but most of that will be done out of X anyways, so ideally you would probably just ssh it and treat it as a remote hacker terminal.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:23 am

Almost forgot,

A_little_Ultimate.png

Cost 40 RAM for pretty windows but it's all good, that's not exactly a problem anyways. Really, I don't need swap, Kali and PiBang don't have it at all. It's more of a processor gamble and I am not overclocked on this.

Also serves as a reminder that you don't have to use Ubuntu, Debian is more than capable of delivering. This is Bodhi after all, which is generally Ubuntu, running Gnome Classic bare bones off Debian Raspbian Repos.

On to OpenSuse. :D

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Next

Return to Rants and Raves