Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

How Do I Get Compiz-Wallpaper Plugin To Work in Ultimate Edition 2.9

Welcome to eyecandy central.

How Do I Get Compiz-Wallpaper Plugin To Work in Ultimate Edition 2.9

Postby CMDR Storm » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:46 pm

I've been fighting this issue for a long time. Had it working back in Ultimate Edition 2.4?, but that was a while ago. I have a (relatively) fresh install of 2.9. My 3d graphics card is enabled and working properly. I've enabled the plugin. Opened gconf-editor and unselected "show the desktop" under the apps>nautilus>preferences section. That will completely remove all of the background, wallpaper and all. If I move any open windows I get leftover, blurry images. Like the card has re-drawn the area. After exhaustive research I found one little trick to get it to work. By pressing ctrl+alt+f1, logging in, and then press ctrl+alt+f7 it works. I'm assuming this restarts the xserver? This only works during the current session. If I restart, I have to repeat that process over again. I've tried a patch, but that failed horribly and I ended up doing a re-install. Is there maybe a script I could write that would automatically does this after I login? Thanks.
CMDR Storm
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: How Do I Get Compiz-Wallpaper Plugin To Work in Ultimate

Postby JOHNNYG » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:11 am

so you want a different wallpaper for each of your desktops !?, and you have wallpaper enabled in compiz !? :?
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby CMDR Storm » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:19 am

Corect and yes. I also have 4 different wallpapers listed. each of them coming from my pictures folder (and not another partition). It's working right now, but only because of that trick. pressing ctrl+alt+f1, logging in, and then pressing ctrl+alt+f7.

On another note, I'm getting ready to try that compiz cube space object how to you posted in another topic. Not sure of the end result, but I'm a big fan of deep space nine and the rancor--well star wars in general.
CMDR Storm
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Donut123 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Hello..have you ever gotten an answer to your question?
I dont see one
Donut123
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby CMDR Storm » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:41 pm

No, but that's ok....I've moved on. Thanks for trying though. Didn't realize there was a new response till I checked another email account. Perhaps this topic should be removed?
CMDR Storm
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Compiz-Fusion: Believe the Unbelievable