Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Laptop help

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

Re: Laptop help

Postby deate » Tue May 05, 2009 12:58 pm

I don't have a tremendous amount of wireless skills, but let's try this...go to SYSTEM> PREFERENCES>NETWORK CONFIGURATION>WIRELESS....does your connection show up there? If it does, can you select it, and is there a properties selection to be made? Some where in there should be a spot for you to insert the encryption key and th ssid(if necessary) also remember to check the box that says connect automatically...try this and see if it works for you
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby nmambre » Tue May 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Any chance u can try with WEP turned off first? this way u can single out the problem, if it connects without WEP it will connect with WEP too.
Ultimate Edition 2.1 64bit
Dell Inspiron 6400
Intel Core 2 Duo
1.73 GHz
2Gb RAM
Broadcom BCM94311
nmambre
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby billy20 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:06 pm

also what type of wireless adaptor? my laptop worked with the drivers that came with U/E. although I'm using wpa/wpa2 encryption, with no problems.
Toshiba Satellite I5 m480
8 gig ram
500 gig Seagate 7200 rpm
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
Realtek RTL8188CE wireless
billy20
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby deate » Wed May 06, 2009 11:40 pm

I think I'd try what a previous post said, turning off WEP and try connecting...you then narrow down your problems if it connects...making sure it is a WEP problem, before you go chasing solutions that may not be the problem
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby yitzikv » Fri May 08, 2009 1:41 am

Cereal wrote:Yo guys on the forums, this will be my first post(sorry for any misspells). Anyway i recently installed Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamer Edition to my laptop and now im having some network issue's. I happend to have the correct drivers for Windows XP on a usb stick and sense NDIS Wrapper came preinstalled with Ultimate Edition i installed them. Instalation worked perfectly although NDIS Wrapper "loses" the driver everytime i restart my computer. Now to the real issue. When i installed my driver all the wireless networks in the area pops up including my dads wich i will be connecting to. When connecting a screen pops up telling me to insert Encryption Key so i did(My dads encryption is wep)so i choose wep 32/128(I think) and inserted the key. It takes like 1 minute trying to connect and then the same screen pops up with a super long key and im not connected. What should i do?

Thanks for any answer.

Cereal

Hi & welcome <BREW>
TIP1: :arrow: I had the same issue on my friends Lenovo Laptop. In that case I've just installed some DHCP and DNS dev packages and when it came to screen with WEP request I did not change the encryption type just put in the password because Linux "makes a right choice" for you...
TIP2: :arrow: However it can be something else as well: try to go to network manual configuration and edit settings of your preferred wireless access point preferences. Using NDIS sometimes for some reason the form does not have a mac of your interface or it cannot pick-up BSSID of preferred AP, so try to fill & save that info manually that it should connect next time automatically. Once again it doesn't mean that it is your issue, just a tip...
TIP3: :arrow: The most weird stuff that sometimes happens as well: may be it is stupid, but anyway - how do you put in the password meaning do you type in ":" after each second character? I know for someone it sounds silly, but believe it or not I know someone who had cracked a lot of wireless networks just for fun and never connected to any of them. And once we went to a plaza hotel and he has forgotten his usb modem at home and needed a web access emergency, so now he had to crack with purpose... After 10 minutes he got a password something like this 2E:8D:BF:T4:1F and he is putting it in and it is doesn't go... I was :lol: LMAO :lol: so I told him to put all that crap without :
Good luck... You can post the results for others if you want.
HP Pavilion dv6500t CTO Notebook PC
CPU: Intel(R) Core 2 Duo Processor (2.0GHz)
Ram: 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Video: 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Hard Disks: 120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Media: 20X DVD Burner with LightScribe Support
yitzikv

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.0