Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Issue with the window manager (SOLVED)

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

Issue with the window manager (SOLVED)

Postby rjb3353 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:51 am

Hello everyone,
My install of Ultimate Gamers on my Toshiba laptop is acting weird. For some reason the window manager for Gnome is not functioning correctly. I changed the window border theme yesterday and now no matter what theme I select I do not have a complete border drawn for the windows that are open. there are no control widgets displayed, the minimize, maximize, and close widgets are no where to be found. Also I used to be able to grab the top bar of a window with the cursor and drag the window around but now I am not able to do that either. Do you think that one of the updates that the system preformed messed something up?
Thanks
Robert
Last edited by rjb3353 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rjb3353
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Re: Issue with the window manager

Postby rjb3353 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:36 pm

strider5236 wrote:If worse comes to worse, you could try reinstalling compiz. It may or may not fix it. I would use it as a last resort.

I was wondering if that could be the issue, is compiz activated by default after you install the 3D Nvida drivers? I have never used compiz before and had looked at the compiz configuration utility to see if there was a setting there to turn it on and off and could not find anything. I do not think that my old laptop has enough horse power to drive it any way. It is a Toshiba Satellite, PIII 700mz, 375.4MIB of memory as reported by the system monitor program and an Nvida GeForce2 Go GPU.

I opened up Synaptic and had it display all installed software and scrolled down the list until I came to Comiz, I then completely removed anything that had the Compiz name in it. I then restarted the laptop and after logging in all the windows were back to normal.

Thanks for the help,
Robert
rjb3353
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.0