Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Bluetooth

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

Bluetooth

Postby mrnaughty » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:08 am

Hello all.
I tried to set-up bluetooth but when tried to connect cellphone to laptop (Inspirion 9200) it asks for a password which I did not set up yet. I search and found nothing on how-to set-up bluetooth.... Need to transfer few pictures to laptop.
Thanks in Advance.
mrnaughty
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Re: Bluetooth

Postby Cab » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:10 am

most generic blue passwords like car radios etc.. headphones are 0000 by default
Cab
Mother Board: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO WIFI
CPU: AMD 2700X
Memory: 32GB CORSAIR PRO RGB @3200
Video Card: EVGA GTX1080 FTW
Hard Drives: 1TB Network Drive, 1TB 860 EVO SSD, 1TB 970 EVO M.2
I'm in Southern New Mexico, USA (not Mexico)
Cab
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby mrnaughty » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:39 am

Already tried "0000", "1234" to no avail.
:(
mrnaughty
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby ixnod » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:40 am

Cab wrote:most generic blue passwords like car radios etc.. headphones are 0000 by default
Cab
also, in blue tooth devices, the devices must be paired.
So go to the blue tooth menu of the phone set your code to whatever you need it to be ( usually a four digit number) and set the phone to "discovery mode" on then tell the computer to find blue tooth devices ( If you havent named your phone, it will look like a realy big number and letter thingy but it should say that it is a phone under the more information tab.) and then you should be able to get into your phone when you type the same code as in the phone. after files are complete, remember to turn off "Discovery mode"
Laptop. Macbook pro dual boot U.E 2.6 64 2.8 Ghz core2duo
Desktop:
Core I7 820, ATI 5870 radeon HD graphics Ultimate Edition 2.7
maxtor 320 gig external usb
1.5 Tb external Hd
Hp c5100 photosmart printer (networked and wireless)
ixnod
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby mrnaughty » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:50 am

But I am not able to find settings for bluetooth laptop except at: System, preferences, Bluetooth and there is nothing about passwords.
mrnaughty
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby mrnaughty » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:40 pm

Thanks to all replies. Still no go for bluetooth and nowhere I can find where is discovery in app but Distro still worth to run.
mrnaughty
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby ixnod » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:12 pm

Issues such as this one, makes me want to go out and purchase hardware, just so I can troubleshoot.
bluetoothfile.png

go to Add Remove type in bluetooth and add the file sharing option, just to make sure we got that horse properly whipped
Laptop. Macbook pro dual boot U.E 2.6 64 2.8 Ghz core2duo
Desktop:
Core I7 820, ATI 5870 radeon HD graphics Ultimate Edition 2.7
maxtor 320 gig external usb
1.5 Tb external Hd
Hp c5100 photosmart printer (networked and wireless)
ixnod
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby mrnaughty » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:45 am

Thanks Ixnod, followed your advice, installed but still no go,sending file from Moto v3 it will not detect new bluetooth device and trying to send to existing device (stored from windoze install) it asks for password, default"1234" does not work. I found this info:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Hardware/Bluetooth_Transferring_and_receiving_files_under_Ubuntu
did follow up but still the same.
One thing left though: exorcise the demon. :evil: :twisted:
mrnaughty
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.9