Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Repo issue ( SOLVED )

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

Repo issue ( SOLVED )

Postby Squyrrel » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:41 am

I should start by thanking Theemahn for a great distro. Its taken control of everything I have!

However, I have an odd issue with this PC with Repo sources, I get returned this error:

E: Problem parsing dependency Depends
E: Error occurred while processing btnx (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/repoubuntusoftware.info_dists_harty_all_binary-i386_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

I've checked and the sources are configured identically to another PC. Both are Ultimate Edition 1.9.

Could someone shed some light on this please?

I'm somewhat new to Linux, but I am not a PC n00b! Mr. Gates has create a behemoth that requires lots of prodding and I have a big stick :-)
Squyrrel
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Repo issue

Postby DaddyX3 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:31 am

Squyrrel wrote:I should start by thanking Theemahn for a great distro. Its taken control of everything I have!

However, I have an odd issue with this PC with Repo sources, I get returned this error:

E: Problem parsing dependency Depends
E: Error occurred while processing btnx (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/repoubuntusoftware.info_dists_harty_all_binary-i386_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

I've checked and the sources are configured identically to another PC. Both are Ultimate Edition 1.9.

Could someone shed some light on this please?

I'm somewhat new to Linux, but I am not a PC n00b! Mr. Gates has create a behemoth that requires lots of prodding and I have a big stick :-)

This seems to be a hot topic lately. I'm not sure whats going on, but if you open up your sources.list and verify that you have the right repo address in there it would be good.
Code: Select all
gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

This will allow you to view only. Verify that you have the following for the Ultimate Edition repository listed in there:
deb http://repoubuntusoftware.info harty all

If it is listed in there, then try to comment it out for now (will need to run the code with sudo), and then do a
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get update

and see what happens.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby Squyrrel » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:33 am

Thanks for your advice Daddy. Tbh I'd already exhausted that avenue albeit in the GUI with no avail. Odd things is from being powered off overnight the system works. Frustratingly great! No root cause found, but who cares it works. That is until I logged into my 3rd box...

Now I've got to state the boxes affected are both 32bit, the working box is 64bit. Some digging around online starting at google, has brought me to discover that the problem is rooted at the repoubuntusoftware repo rather than locally. At this point I feel rather more sane :D

I'm assuming I can link here, but apologies if this isn't protocol...:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5971563

Which leads to here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/283541

So my fix has been to rename the repoubuntusoftware package list and force an update...

Please mark as SOLVED, thanks.
Squyrrel
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:06 pm

Squyrrel wrote:Thanks for your advice Daddy. Tbh I'd already exhausted that avenue albeit in the GUI with no avail. Odd things is from being powered off overnight the system works. Frustratingly great! No root cause found, but who cares it works. That is until I logged into my 3rd box...

Now I've got to state the boxes affected are both 32bit, the working box is 64bit. Some digging around online starting at google, has brought me to discover that the problem is rooted at the repoubuntusoftware repo rather than locally. At this point I feel rather more sane :D

I'm assuming I can link here, but apologies if this isn't protocol...:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5971563

Which leads to here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/283541

So my fix has been to rename the repoubuntusoftware package list and force an update...

Please mark as SOLVED, thanks.

Sorry, I kinda forgot about you over here. We've been working on this issue in many different spots. The official post about this is HERE.
Stop by for a read through ;)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.9