Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

1.9 install

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

1.9 install

Postby dragonfly » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:39 pm

Well I made the switch and WOW !!! is it something. It took me 11 Hrs. to download but well worth the time. I see the scanner kooka is back on the system, thank you for that. The graphics are amazing. Everything works perfectly, but i changed the dark screen for something more cheery -- my choice-- , all I can say is thank you to Theeman.
My only question now is are you going to put out 1.9 on a CD?. My laptop dosen't read DVD and I would love to put it on my laptop or is there a way to convert a DVD into 2 CDs.
Thanks again Theeman, I love it!
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: 1.9 install

Postby Baphomet » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:19 pm

dragonfly wrote:Well I made the switch and WOW !!! is it something.

We don't call it "Suckwad Edition" ...
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby dragonfly » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:30 am

Hi Nick, I do have an external DVD writer and tried to use it to install 1.9 on my laptop and a DELL mini but neither computer will read the DVD. I can read CDs from the external writer and I can write DVDs but these 2 computers will not read DVDs. Maybe I need to install some drivers I don't know about.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The computer I have 1.9 installed on is my main computer with a DVD reader/writer.
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby deate » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:39 am

You might try several things, and then again you might want to wait just a little bit longer...Thee mahn is working on on a tool that will use a USB thumb drive to install , not exactly sure how it works yet, but one of his explanations exactly describes your situation... I can tell you, it has been released to adm/ mods, so it's probably not far from general release..
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby bobframpton » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:54 am

deate wrote:You might try several things, and then again you might want to wait just a little bit longer...Thee mahn is working on on a tool that will use a USB thumb drive to install , not exactly sure how it works yet, but one of his explanations exactly describes your situation... I can tell you, it has been released to adm/ mods, so it's probably not far from general release..

Just used as a boot disc, very similar to LastXP 21
Abit IC7-G
Pentium 4 3.4
2GB Geil CL 3-4-4 DDR400
nVidia GE Force 7600GS 256mb
Lian Li PC6070
900GB of Disk Space
Yep I know it's old but it's fast and functional
bobframpton
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 32 BIT

Postby deate » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:31 am

Sorry for the delay, took a while to find this...viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1761
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby dragonfly » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:20 am

Hi Nick, hey don't worry about being disrespectful I raised six kids and now am on 5 grandchildren LOL.
and yeah I did try going into the bios and changing the boot sequence and NO LUCK. You go to bed and have a great nights sleep when you wake up I'll still have the same problem, it can wait another day. I still have my 1.8 running just fine.
Thanks for bring concerned and as we say in Canada "Keep your stick on the ice !"
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby cowboy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:27 am

Hello..dragon...have you tried, in the Bios, setting to boot from your USB hard drive, or just USB?
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby dragonfly » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:48 am

Hi deate, I just looked at the UNetbooting thread and it looks promising, I'm thinking about giving it a try but not today as I just spent 11 hrs downloading 1.9 and installing it. My eyes are going blurry. I no sooner get through installing 1.9 and now Theeman is talking about 2.0, does that guy ever rest.
Thanks for putting me onto UNetbooting, if I decide to give it a try I'll let you know how it went.

Hi cowboy, I didn't know about changing to USB drive in the booting sequence, I'll have to check that out, thanks again
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby cowboy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:07 pm

Well just thinking...no jokes please...if you cannot change your Boot order the USB will not work.. ;) But if you can..then you can use your external to install from your DVD... ;)

And as far as TheeMahn is concerned...I don't think he does sleep if he does he is programing, while he does..lol... ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God