Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

How can I synch my Ipod?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

How can I synch my Ipod?

Postby szaemon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:48 pm

I've searched around a bit for for Ipod instructions, but I'm coming up short. When I plug in my ipod I get a screen that is reminiscent of Itunes, and my ipod with its current songs comes up, but I don't actually see a way to choose songs to load or unload on it nor do I see any kind synch,start,or apply button to initiate synchronizing the ipod. If someone knows, could you clue me in?
Thanks
Newb 4 Life!!!
Laugh at me, Roll your eyes, Scorn me if you will...but in the end...
...Please Help Me, I Need It...
Thanks!

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 483MB (167MB used)
SCSI Disks: ATA WDC WD1600BB-00G, ATA Maxtor 7540 AV,
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B
Graphics Card: VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. VT8375 [ProSavage8 KM266/KL266]
szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: How can I synch my Ipod?

Postby kiwinsn » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:30 pm

Open Synaptic, search for Ipod and a whole raft of apps comes up...

Take your pick...

Cheers
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby Baphomet » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Songbird comes already installed in Ultimate Edition which looks and acts the most like iTunes of all the Linux iPod applications I know of. If you're familiar with using iTunes, Songbird should be a breeze for you. Plug in your 'Pod, close whatever opens and try opening Songbird instead.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby deate » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:20 pm

szaemon wrote:I've searched around a bit for for Ipod instructions, but I'm coming up short. When I plug in my ipod I get a screen that is reminiscent of Itunes, and my ipod with its current songs comes up, but I don't actually see a way to choose songs to load or unload on it nor do I see any kind synch,start,or apply button to initiate synchronizing the ipod. If someone knows, could you clue me in?
Thanks

Just curious??? Did you read the iPod section in the "Newbie" corner??? Leadfingers detailed many things there related to iPod???
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby szaemon » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:11 am

Thanks for the help. I read the Newbie corner post on ipods...I got lost. sorry. songbird works fine, I just didn't know what it was. Ultimate Edition (Lynux actually) has a lot of programs don't know. been on Windows most of my life. Does this have an easy to use P2P. Something like Shareaza?
Thanks again.
Newb 4 Life!!!
Thanks!

Graphics Card: VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. VT8375 [ProSavage8 KM266/KL266]
szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby szaemon » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:14 am

Thanks for the help with my ipod. Songbird is working fine but it doesn't seem to recognize .wmd music files. Do you know how I can get those to work in my ipod? Songbird has an add-on page but there was no add-on for playing those files.
Thanks again.
Newb 4 Life!!!
Thanks!

szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Baphomet » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:15 pm

szaemon wrote:Something like Shareaza?

Dude. Frost... Wire.

It leaves Sharezea and Limewire for Windows in the dust. Frostwire. Get it. Get it NOW.

Frostwire Download

It's a .deb file, so you can use the default gDebi Installer to install the application for you and you'll be off and running in a heartbeat.

Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby szaemon » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:51 pm

Baphomet wrote:Dude. Frost... Wire.

It leaves Sharezea and Limewire for Windows in the dust. Frostwire. Get it. Get it NOW.

You sound like a commercial...OK. I will
Thanks.
Newb 4 Life!!!
Thanks!

szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby szaemon » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Baphomet wrote:F--K you. Did you GET it? DID YOU??!! You did, didn't you? F--k yeah you did. And you see how right I was. All of a sudden that 2TB drive you bought last week isn't looking so f--king big any more, is it Mr. Smarta--?

Yeah... That's what I thought. Get yer a-- back in line. You are SOOO lucky you caught me in a good mood.

OK first, you ARE a Site Admin so you shouldn't need to read a lecture about right and wrong ways to express yourself in a forum, so I'm not going to write you one....

Second,
Baphomet wrote:Yeah... That's what I thought. Get yer a-- back in line. You are SOOO lucky you caught me in a good mood.

Are you threatening me with this remark? If I had "Caught you in a Bad MOOD" are you saying you would attack me in some way? My statement that you sounded like a commercial for Frostwire was because your chosen wording was in fact praising, idiomatic speech as an advertising slogan might be. You seem to like the program very much and so I fail to see how this would have offended you. I am sorry for doing so and if you wish I will delete that comment.

Yes, I did download the program and no it is not bad though I have some difficulties with it. That I can't actually type in a genre of music I wish to search for combined with the fact that the drop down box does not have Waltz or Salsa caused me a few problems. Also the program encountered a problem while I was at work today, so by the time I came home it had stalled out and was not downloading anything. But overall it seems to be a good program.
Thank you for recommending it.

Third: What is a 2TB?

Thanks again for your help.
Newb 4 Life!!!
Thanks!

szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Baphomet » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:53 pm

szaemon wrote:OK first, you ARE a Site Admin so you shouldn't need to read a lecture about right and wrong ways to express yourself in a forum, so I'm not going to write you one....

Second, ... blah, blah, blah...

LOL... Sorry dude, you don't know me very well do you?

All kidding aside... I don't mess with you like that if I don't like you.

<BREW>

P.S. 2TB = Two Terabyte.

Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.9