Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Link: Ultimate Edition v1.9 (64-bit) Torrent Download

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

Re: Link: Ultimate Edition v1.9 (64-bit) Torrent Download

Postby tuxsax » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:19 am

DaddyX3 wrote:
zivley wrote:Ok guys, now that I finally moved to Ultimate Edition 1.9 at my home PC too, I'd like someone to help me start seeding again my Ultimate Edition 1.9 ISO
I have both transmission and ktorrent and I can't manage to seed from any of them.
Can someone tell me how to start?
It asks me for at least one tracker, I don't know what to put there.
Please help me help others...
Thanks,
Ziv

I don't know why, but TheeMahn did not include Azureus with this version of Ultimate Edition. He did last time, and it is my favorite.
Code: Select all
Go get it: sudo apt-get install azureus
It has wizards that will walk you through alot of stuff. I've done it before and uploaded to PirateBay a long time ago, but can't remember the exact steps - so here are some links:
This one sounds like it is going to be used for solely connecting to pears without it being uploaded to a fileshare site first, but Here is a little How-To on the subject using Azureus. http://paulstamatiou.com/2006/01/04/how ... th-azureus

Here is one for use with PirateBay:
http://suprbay.org/showthread.php?t=2979

I'm sure there are plenty more, and a matter of fact - I posted on how to do this some where in this forum before, but don't have time to track it down.
Good Luck!

Thanks Daddy! I'll try this when I get home.
Ziv
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby tuxsax » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:11 pm

OK, I managed to add the torrent on the ktorrent, those links you posted helped me understand how does this work, I've uploaded it to The Pirate Bay, but it says I'll have to seed it for at least 24 hours before it gets really active, why's that?
Here's the screenshot:
Screenshot-Ultimate_Edition_v1.9-x64.iso (download torrent) - TPB.png
The pirate Bay torrent link

I'm seeding already, let's see what happens...

Thanks for your help!
Ziv
U.E. Master

Postby DaddyX3 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:20 pm

zivley wrote:OK, I managed to add the torrent on the ktorrent, those links you posted helped me understand how does this work, I've uploaded it to The Pirate Bay, but it says I'll have to seed it for at least 24 hours before it gets really active, why's that?
Here's the screenshot:
Screenshot-Ultimate_Edition_v1.9-x64.iso (download torrent) - TPB.png

I'm seeding already, let's see what happens...

Thanks for your help!
Ziv

Thats because P2P means that other pears must actually have the entire file to share with others also. So the longer you upload - the more people have it = more active seeds which enables more people to download it.
Did I loose ya?
You have to allow other people to receive the file, so they can help take the load off you.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby tuxsax » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:00 pm

I understand that, the thing is this file is already in the wild being shared by many of other people, so why can't I just "join" the party with my own chunks of the same source instead of starting a new one?
If I need to wait till someone gets it completely downloaded from my pc only, then it may take a week! My upstream bandwidth is quite limited.
I think it will be faster if I download it again and let it just sit there shared after it finished donwloading, what do you think?
Ziv
U.E. Master

Postby DaddyX3 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:07 pm

zivley wrote:I understand that, the thing is this file is already in the wild being shared by many of other people, so why can't I just "join" the party with my own chunks of the same source instead of starting a new one?
If I need to wait till someone gets it completely downloaded from my pc only, then it may take a week! My upstream bandwidth is quite limited.
I think it will be faster if I download it again and let it just sit there shared after it finished donwloading, what do you think?
Ziv

You prob. can do that, but you need to add yourself to the list on the tracker ... and don't ask me how to do that, I have no idea. But I understand what you are saying and it makes perfect sense. If you were to have downloaded the file from PirateBay for example, then all you would have to do is just leave your torrent client software running and you would be doing your part - however, you made a new file on the PiarateBay and therefore as far as the tracker is concerned, very very few people have the file right now. It would get off to a very slow start.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby Baphomet » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:12 pm

zivley wrote:I understand that, the thing is this file is already in the wild being shared by many of other people, so why can't I just "join" the party with my own chunks of the same source instead of starting a new one?

I'm pretty sure you can. As I understand torrents, everyone is sharing what they have just as soon as they have it. Those that have the ENTIRE file are able to "seed" the file; but that doesn't prevent everyone else from sharing what they do have. But obviously if there is one person who is seeding, and everyone else has, say, 10% of the whole file, things are going to be slower because there is only one "source" for the entire file: the single seeder. Everyone else can share what they have, but if that means they're all sharing the same 10% of the total... Well, obviously things are not going to scoot along as fast as if there were lots of seeders.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby VanillaTbone » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:56 pm

Baphomet,

You are right in your thinking the way torrents work...

A torrent is a reference file which broken into a number of pre-set pieces.. Let's say you have a 1MB file that you want to put up as a torrent... In your torrent software you select create a new torrent and then you place in a "tracker" which is a server such as thepiratebay or mininova. Then you select how many pieces you want the file broken into... So if I was uploading a 1MB file I would want it broken up into 10 100KB files... Sounds easy enough right..?

Well, a torrent network is made up into a "Swarm" which starts with one "seed". This "seed" starts sending packets or pieces of this file that equals to one whole file. When each consecutive "peer" or leecher joins the "Swarm" the initial seeder's client comunicates with the peer's client on which files are needed and which are already 100% received. This communication goes on in real-time between each seeder and leecher and all the data on how many leechers and peers and who has what files is sent back to the tracker at pre-determined intervals.

So if you have a file that is 50% completed that you started 2 weeks ago and just now wanted to start back, you could do so with no errors as long as the md5 checksum checks out... If you were to modify the original file and jump back on as a seeder it would not work bc of the difference in the new md5...

That's all for class today kids. Time 2 partay! <BREW>
Ultimate Edition 1.9 x64 Torrent Seeder(100% RC4 Encrypted Tunnel) 300kB/s 24/7
Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10
GNOME 2.24.0(10/7/08)
Linux 2.6.27-7
Gigabyte 965P-S3
Intel Pentium D 930, 3.0GHz @ 4.2GHz
2GB(2 x 1GB) PC26400, DDR2 800
Western Digital Raptor, 36.7GB
Seagate Barracuda, 200GB
Sapphire HD 3650 512MB, 920-Core, 720-Mem
VanillaTbone
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby tuxsax » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:51 pm

HEHEH, this was much easier!!!
I've just got into mininova, searched for the torrent and asked the program to download it to the same folder where I already have the ISO file, it only took it 10 seconds to scan the existing file to see what's needed to resume, when it finished "downloading" it started to seed it inmediately, so, "/me has joined the party"
;)
After a couple of minutes I already see 9 out of 10 leechers downloading from me at some 32KB/s

Ziv
U.E. Master

Postby Cab » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:16 pm

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Umm those X's are to cover my stupidity up. hope no one seen it
Cab
Mother Board: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO WIFI
CPU: AMD 2700X
Memory: 32GB CORSAIR PRO RGB @3200
Video Card: EVGA GTX1080 FTW
Hard Drives: 1TB Network Drive, 1TB 860 EVO SSD, 1TB 970 EVO M.2
I'm in Southern New Mexico, USA (not Mexico)
Cab
Site Admin

Postby VanillaTbone » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:06 pm

About 2 hrs ago or so I was seeding the 1.9 x64 torrent at about 300kB/s, but some of the peers must have got finished because now I'm uploading at around 35-55kB/s...

I try to help as many people as I can, my share ratio is already up to 5.5 which means I have uploaded approximately ~9.5GB in the past 3.5 hrs. :p
Ultimate Edition 1.9 x64 Torrent Seeder(100% RC4 Encrypted Tunnel) 300kB/s 24/7
Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10
GNOME 2.24.0(10/7/08)
Linux 2.6.27-7
Gigabyte 965P-S3
Intel Pentium D 930, 3.0GHz @ 4.2GHz
2GB(2 x 1GB) PC26400, DDR2 800
Western Digital Raptor, 36.7GB
Seagate Barracuda, 200GB
Sapphire HD 3650 512MB, 920-Core, 720-Mem
VanillaTbone
U.E. Newbie