Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 1.9 has been released

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

Re: Ultimate Edition 1.9 is on its way...

Postby pcozzy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:29 pm

i just lost my primary hard drive. I can ghost the images to the new one but I think since 1.9 is coming maybe I will wait and do a fresh install ubuntu 1.9. I have 1.8 but I am not a big fan of gnome, and I want the latest so thanks for the update and will be waiting.
pcozzy
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 BIT

Postby blacksheep » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:29 pm

That build looks sick I can't wait to get a copy.

Thanks for all you do :)
blacksheep
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby SaddleTramp » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:39 pm

pcozzy wrote:i just lost my primary hard drive. I can ghost the images to the new one but I think since 1.9 is coming maybe I will wait and do a fresh install ubuntu 1.9. I have 1.8 but I am not a big fan of gnome, and I want the latest so thanks for the update and will be waiting.

I can assure you that you won't be sorry you waited ;) :D 8-)
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:51 pm

satelight7430 wrote:i realy would,nt sweat it there, with ultimatix you can do what ever you want !!
that was the reason thee almost stoped injecting his knowlage !!!
but thanks to reasoning (and a few oppions from this forum), he's still pluging away .
thanks thee!! <BREW>

I see you beat me to it drama,must have been typing at the same time,haha!

Thanks brother, I may push ultamatix 1.8.0-4 into it, I have posted the changes (changelog) I have made elsewhere in the forum & wont do so again, time is not on my side. I am currently running debian to make those users happy ;) There is problems there, lets add edubuntu desktop to Debian ;) Yes it can be done, but will have to be OS specific. Even on my home page I say debian (untested). This one shocked me and broke my system, which I fixed manually thus far, songbird requires firefox, where did that come from? When I am done they will enjoy the same or it will not show up on the list to install, simple as that.

Proof I am trying to make all happen for them:
debian.png
started as plain jane debian...
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:59 pm

SaddleTramp wrote:
pcozzy wrote:i just lost my primary hard drive. I can ghost the images to the new one but I think since 1.9 is coming maybe I will wait and do a fresh install ubuntu 1.9. I have 1.8 but I am not a big fan of gnome, and I want the latest so thanks for the update and will be waiting.

I can assure you that you won't be sorry you waited ;) :D 8-)

He is correct, he has already ran what I call "beta" of Ultimate Edition 1.9, I have only one issue to resolve and have not tested my latest build, been busy fixing debian probs, perhaps I indeed have bit off more then I can chew. Him, cab and blind sided me cowboy will go out of thier way to bork thier system so you do not have to (he installed debian and brought up the tango issue now crushed).
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:19 pm

ixnod wrote:Whoah!! VEFG!! here it is I am wowing friends and associates with 1.8 dancing circles around their vista eye candy goodness. and I get an eyeful of future things to come.

Man O' man, when I get 1.9 and show that off, I will be the cat's meow!!

I am so excited, just can't wait ( don't think I have a choice) till 1.9 comes around. going to be seeding for a few weeks after i get it. If you need help on anything that involves laptop support, Toshiba wise, I am more than willing to lend a hand/ arm/ spleen. if something needs breaking, I can do that too

And BTW Mahn with all that stuff going on, how do you find time to play or even enjoy your distro hell the wonderfull games for that matter?? do you have a script that plays wesnoth on one desktop and alien arena on the other, while rolling 2.0-2.4 ultimate edition out?? Has TheeMahn figured out alternate reality and the Effects of Time Dilation? who knows?? :ugeek: :ugeek:

P.S. I am reminded by the new v***zon commercial with the hand surfing the internet while the guy is sleeping when I think of TheeMahn having all this work going on.

Well, if you like to see and read the "haters" posts on the net example: "OH NO NOT ANOTHER AUTOMATIX", obviosly someone that has not tried ultamatix & furthermore in Ultimate Edition 1.9 you do not have to run it it is simply a tool in case you want more. I do get alot of flack over all the mistakes they made believe it. I have a ultamatix in the works that functions as "ubuntus own update manager" also written in python, slam me then, if they did they are slamming thier own O/S.

I can pipe commands a one click this is what is about to be done. They do not like that I do not say, are you sure you want to install msn, well if you didn't would you have clicked to install it (you would have to do this 101 times)? I have a solution a select and get it done one, maybe 2 yes damn it do it ;) Pisses me off when I am called out over thier work. Have you seen all the problems they had I have had to squash? Make sure you read the reference to the quotes from a cannocial programmer none the less, this is where I started.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:41 pm

TheeMahn wrote:
ixnod wrote:Whoah!! VEFG!! here it is I am wowing friends and associates with 1.8 dancing circles around their vista eye candy goodness. and I get an eyeful of future things to come.

Man O' man, when I get 1.9 and show that off, I will be the cat's meow!!

I am so excited, just can't wait ( don't think I have a choice) till 1.9 comes around. going to be seeding for a few weeks after i get it. If you need help on anything that involves laptop support, Toshiba wise, I am more than willing to lend a hand/ arm/ spleen. if something needs breaking, I can do that too

And BTW Mahn with all that stuff going on, how do you find time to play or even enjoy your distro hell the wonderfull games for that matter?? do you have a script that plays wesnoth on one desktop and alien arena on the other, while rolling 2.0-2.4 ultimate edition out?? Has TheeMahn figured out alternate reality and the Effects of Time Dilation? who knows?? :ugeek: :ugeek:

P.S. I am reminded by the new v***zon commercial with the hand surfing the internet while the guy is sleeping when I think of TheeMahn having all this work going on.

Well, if you like to see and read the "haters" posts on the net example: "OH NO NOT ANOTHER AUTOMATIX", obviosly someone that has not tried ultamatix & furthermore in Ultimate Edition 1.9 you do not have to run it it is simply a tool in case you want more. I do get alot of flack over all the mistakes they made believe it. I have a ultamatix in the works that functions as "ubuntus own update manager" also written in python, slam me then, if they did they are slamming thier own O/S.

I can pipe commands a one click this is what is about to be done. They do not like that I do not say, are you sure you want to install msn, well if you didn't would you have clicked to install it (you would have to do this 101 times)? I have a solution a select and get it done one, maybe 2 yes damn it do it ;) Pisses me off when I am called out over thier work. Have you seen all the problems they had I have had to squash? Make sure you read the reference to the quotes from a cannocial programmer none the less, this is where I started.

Another complaint is I do not provide the source it is there now and in all actually since it is written in python / bash and zenity was there in the regular deb, I added it today blahblah.tar.gz without being built you do not ./configure a python script, this is not C what an idiot. He can shut his piehole ;)
actually he can:
import retard

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby stinger30au » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:20 am

im looking forward to it.

Im currently using 1.8 and it is great stuff. Im sure 1.9 will be even better.

Keep up the great work,you really are The Man!!! <BREW>

Forget about the nay-sayers who put you down. they are not worth worrying about.
User of Ultimate edition 1.8 32 bit
stinger30au
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:45 pm

strider5236 wrote:Hey TheeMahn,
Awesome job on 1.9, looks great, cant wait to try it out. I am loving 1.8 and look forward to the future releases. As far as those jerks giving you sh*t about your work, they can all get bent. :twisted: I think they are all just writhing with envy because you take their plain boring install and perfect it. :lol: It is like starting out with a Pinto and ending up with a Ferrari. <BREW> Keep up the good work, and we will always be here to give you the support and kudos you deserve. :D

Thanks brother,

I am sorry for the delay, the admin have been playing with it (what will be Ultimate Edition 1.9) minus the usplash being there and no probs, I just do not like to release incomplete work... I have been working on Ultamatix more then Ultimate Edition 1.9 due to criticism. It does piss me off. Ultamatix in itself is not w/o problems, but steadily have been correcting them. Eventually may use synaptic as the frontend as ubuntus update manager does also written in python a one question this is the changes to be made scenario. #1 complaint --assume-yes --force-yes, do you think I should prompt the end user 101 times after all if the user did not want to install blah blah would he / she have clicked it?

Funny will they run to synaptic to complain or want to come see me? I have about 2 months to sort it out, I am not listed in google and I figure that is the timeframe I am looking at for a "off the hook" release of the software, yesterday I seen ~50,000 hits and am not listed kinda scary, linux.com's homepage will hook a fella up even if you do not exist to googles eyes.

Let me hook you up, you can have the Ultimate Edition 1.9 look (0 apps, just Ultimate Edition themes, usplashs, gdms) w/o actually having it, by downloading this (x86 based only as of current), it is not updated on the main site yet, once again a forum exclusive aren't you glad you are registered ;) The new (unreleased Ultamatix defaults to it).

I guess I am wrong on not being listed (happened less then 24 hours ago) in google now #1, that sucks, I wanted to have 1.8.0-4 on the web before they did that, typically takes 3 months for google to list you. I have owned the domain less then 1 month. This really blows my mind 85,700 references to the word "Ultamatix", not even a word & happened almost overnight. I can feel the scrutiny coming.

Enjoy,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:53 pm

stinger30au wrote:im looking forward to it.

Im currently using 1.8 and it is great stuff. Im sure 1.9 will be even better.

Keep up the great work,you really are The Man!!! <BREW>

Forget about the nay-sayers who put you down. they are not worth worrying about.

Thanks, I hope I can maintain a positive attitude cleaning up after Automatix programmers and keep releasing O/S's

I definitely have my basket full.

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.9