Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 1.9 has been released

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

Ultimate Edition 1.9 has been released

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:24 am

Ultimate Edition 1.9 - now has an official webpage.

10/27/08: I now have adjusted, "Cab" will no longer pay, thanks cab for what you gave as a gift to our community (and I say this openly, I will not accept donations even). Ultimate Edition 2.0 is coming shortly and will be done across dual "unlimited bandwidth accounts" & if I see fit a 2 gbit acct across 20 servers, widespread carnage. We are now on a unlimited bandwidth accts, just 2 servers, tomorrow I will open a third for 1 reason only Ultimate Edition 2.0 release. I will set Ultimate Edition on it at first, ultimately will be the fastest server to drawl from. Do I have to tell you the server? I already own it and have, I am just going to bring it to life. It is there for such occasions. and this will be such an occasion. 6 TB is squat btw, I see nothing short of 300GB a day 1 server I have 5 soon 6 to contend with. 3 will do nothing, but chuck files out.

I am curious, would not opening another site allow based on that 600GB a day? I bet much more, I have seen as below say 11 TB for the month. & a $9+ grand bill, I do know what I refer to.
1 server( ~1/3 a TB a day, this I call easy times, demand is not there yet): Ultimate Edition 2.0 will fill this ( I have the ability to do this times 3, actually 1.75TB X3) per day. Does it mean, I know all? Understand this I will see to it Ultimate Edition wise;)

smack.png
what do I know? Terabytes at relaxed state... 1 will be 3, when I am done.

10/1/08: The download server is down, why?
downloadubuntusoftware.info
Hosting Login : downloadubuntu
Server IP Address : 208.109.181.232
Dedicated Hosting IP :
Billing Date : 10/02/2008
Disk Space : 16293.00 MB of 300000.00 MB (5.43%)
Bandwidth : 6193073.87 MB of 3000000.00 MB (206.44%)

Bill at current would be: $6354.07 for the month, so yes it was going down regardless. I also have some badnews... Paypal has locked my acct (buyer protection) sold a product to a lady (I use that term very loosely) from one of my other websites she filed a grievance the very next day claiming she did not receive tracking information locking my acct, the same acct that pays hosting fees for all of my websites... can I help it she does not know how to check "bulk", anyways I can no longer use the card (have used it for years to pay all hosting fees) so all of my websites will be going down including this one as early as tomorrow. To make matters worse, she has already received her products 2 days ago and paypal in their infinite wisdom is still refunding her money, so basically I paid her to buy what she wanted. If you have never learned anything from me learn this: PLEASE STEAR CLEAR OF PAYPAL. When I do get "back" in the game, I will purchase a ANTI-PayPal site believe that, not that one does not already exist.

08/21/08: Can I crank these things out or what have Ultimate Edition 1.9 x86... 1 a day (not hard to do after you have worked through the problems the last one gave me ;)

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 1.9 x86
Size: 1.7 GB (1,773,684,736 bytes)
MD5SUM: c08bc6663406d0c771384938f128ec31

Download: Main server
University Mirror
Europe Mirror

Torrent: x86 32bitTorrent - Thanks to strider5236
Save Our Server!!! Torrent when possible, and please seed!

Enjoy,

08/20/08: As promised...

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 1.9 x64
Size: 1.7 GB (1,809,027,072 bytes)
MD5SUM: 01fee6d3fca8e2ace89bfef7b85e9d35

Download: Main server
University Mirror
Europe Mirror

Torrent: x86 64bit Torrent (Thanks, Baphomet) Please help out with the load and seed.

Cowboy says:
I know the others will concur, this version is one of the best..if not Thee.. ;)
Played with it a little..like LeadFingers..have not the time yet to explore the depth and the reach of this Distro...thumbs up..!
Said it in a PM...if anyone out there has a problem with this one..it will be the user, or the user's hardware..fact.

Please don't beat my server offline ;)

Enjoy,

TheeMahn

08/19/08: Due to others bugs, no I won't say who / what, setting things back is not in my criteria. We have a release admin / mirrors are dragging it down as I type, this is not the first release of Ultimate Edition 1.9 I have laid in their laps, but is the first that is perfect, you will know in 24 hours and if you find it to not be all that and a bag of chips I am the only one responsible. I have built it over 100 times until I received perfection, believe me if I was not so confident of the release there would be a delay as they tested it. If you want to point a finger please feel free to point it only in my direction. Stay tuned for a forum exclusive release first.

The below is somewhat inaccurate... I built it fresh from a daily build and has the latest kernel, Themes etc. are pre-injected, newest ultamatix, after installation currently 2 updates is all that is newer, it is very current -21 kernel not 19 as below shows, just wait...

What it has:
Everything from Ultimate Edition 1.8...
200+ updates - pre-installed for you (including the new -19 kernel)
8 Environments selectable from the login screen (KDE, XFCE, Enlightenment, Gnome etc.)
much, much more... I will be updating this post, it has already been uploaded and will soon be posted for admin / mods & mirrors...

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 1.9 x86 only
Filesize: 1.9GB (1,887,725,568 bytes)
MD5SUM: 0fe50c81b1e0f751922a891a09b8faf6

Download: Coming soon

Notes: Although I tried to install all of the updates, 24 were stubborn & some are critical, it is suggested that immediately after installation that you install these updates before you even install your restricted drivers, reboot and then install video drivers etc.

USplash:
usplash.jpg
Ultimate Edition 1.9 USplash

GDM Login:
gdm.jpg
No shortage of environments.

Desktop:
desktop.png
desktop

Don't like the dark? No Problem:
custom.png
wallpapers

themes1.png
themes page1

themes2.png
themes2

Not to mention software out the wazoo ;) Please stay tuned...

TheeMahn
Attachments
installation.png
installation
partitioning.png
partitioning
installing.png
installing
installation complete.png
installation complete
Last edited by TheeMahn on Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Reason: Post moved from global for 2.0 release.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 1.9 is on its way...

Postby satelight7430 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:40 pm

well i'l be dammed,just jumped here to see if anything was new and saw this post.
I'll repeat it,do you sleep theemahn?? do you have any family??or hobbies?
dont see how you would,but god bless you. now on to the questions.
is 1.9 hotrod or a new version?? whats newin it ??I,ve been meaning to thank you for the gamers
but I'm typeing on the end of my vacation.so thanks for everything!!!
your the mahn thats for sure,ultimatix,gamers,1.8,everything!!
been passing as much out and raving anytime anything is brought up(software wise).
anyway,dont know how you do it but keep it up and post when you can!!
thanks and looking forward to it all.
<BREW>
satelight7430
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby mmesantos1 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:28 pm

Wow can't wait! ;)
My PC Specs: 16 GB DDR3-1333 Ram/ 1TB SATA HDD/ 250GB SATA HDD/ AMD 64 Athlon x2 220 2.8Ghz/ EVGA GeForce GTX 260/ CORSAIR PSU-850TX 850W / Onboard Audio/ 23" Acer HD LED.
mmesantos1
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby moshe » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:44 pm

Just when I think I've got the system set up, you drop this one on us!!!!! I mean that in a good way. Theemann, I really don't know how you do all this. I just appreciate all the hard work you do. This is what free software is all about. Most of the folks I deal with (truck drivers), were not aware that they had a choice other than which version of windows to run. You have many new converts to Linux and open source based on what drivers have seen on my systems. You truly ARE THE MAN!!!!!
MSI Motherboard Dual core P4 3.0 GHz,2GB DDR ram,Nvidia GeForce FX 256 MB,WD SATA 300 500GBx2 RAID 0,WD 80GB SATA
"If you acquire knowledge,what do you lack?...If you lack knowledge,what have you acquired?
moshe
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby Eragon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:04 pm

WOW!!

Is there going to be a gamer's edition of 1.9?
Eragon
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby drama » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:50 am

Eragon wrote:WOW!!

Is there going to be a gamer's edition of 1.9?

i would have to say that would be a negative.

thee usually does 3 releases to each of ubuntu's releases.

1 that is usually gnome only (1.8). then a gamers (1.8 gamers). and lastly a final release that adds several desktop invironments...gnome, kde, enlightment, xfce, ect. (1.9).

my guess would be the next gamers would be 2.0 gamers. i would just be guessing here but i would say we wont see the next gamers until around x-mas time. or after the first of the yr. this is just a guess of course so dont take this as a definate timeline.

<BREW>

-drama

p.s. lookin good thee. i really like that background :D
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby Eragon » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:28 pm

That Suck Would :(
Eragon
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby drama » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:34 pm

Eragon wrote:That Suck Would :(

you can still get the games if you move to 1.9. they just wont be preinstalled. all the games that are included with the gamers editions are in the Ultimate Edition repos. of course it would take sum time to d/l them im sure...depending on ur connection speed.

<BREW>

-drama
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby satelight7430 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:00 pm

i realy would,nt sweat it there, with ultimatix you can do what ever you want !!
that was the reason thee almost stoped injecting his knowlage !!!
but thanks to reasoning (and a few oppions from this forum), he's still pluging away .
thanks thee!! <BREW>

I see you beat me to it drama,must have been typing at the same time,haha!
satelight7430
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby ixnod » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:57 am

Whoah!! VEFG!! here it is I am wowing friends and associates with 1.8 dancing circles around their vista eye candy goodness. and I get an eyeful of future things to come.

Man O' man, when I get 1.9 and show that off, I will be the cat's meow!!

I am so excited, just can't wait ( don't think I have a choice) till 1.9 comes around. going to be seeding for a few weeks after i get it. If you need help on anything that involves laptop support, Toshiba wise, I am more than willing to lend a hand/ arm/ spleen. if something needs breaking, I can do that too

And BTW Mahn with all that stuff going on, how do you find time to play or even enjoy your distro hell the wonderfull games for that matter?? do you have a script that plays wesnoth on one desktop and alien arena on the other, while rolling 2.0-2.4 ultimate edition out?? Has TheeMahn figured out alternate reality and the Effects of Time Dilation? who knows?? :ugeek: :ugeek:

P.S. I am reminded by the new v***zon commercial with the hand surfing the internet while the guy is sleeping when I think of TheeMahn having all this work going on.
Laptop. Macbook pro dual boot U.E 2.6 64 2.8 Ghz core2duo
Desktop:
Core I7 820, ATI 5870 radeon HD graphics Ultimate Edition 2.7
maxtor 320 gig external usb
1.5 Tb external Hd
Hp c5100 photosmart printer (networked and wireless)
ixnod
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.9