Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Installation problems

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

Installation problems

Postby xj0hnx » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:55 pm

First off...Hi :)

Ok my system...
Q6600
680i mobo
8800GT
150gb Raptor (Vista)
80gb Samsung (XP)
Maddog SATA DVD

XP installed first, then Vista 64 Ultimate, dual booting off Vista mbr.

Ok, so I DL'ed, burned the Ultimate Edition 1.9 Ubuntu and tried using the "Install inside Windows" option. It goes through the downloading of the set-up files successfully, and then when it reboots I get what is depicted in image "Boot menu".

Boot Menu
Linux 004.JPG

Then when I select the Ubuntu option, I get what is shown in image "Fail"

Fail
Linux 005.JPG

What am I missing? I haven't used Linux since Fedora Core 4 came out, which I ran for a while quite successfully, but on a completely different rig. There's a folder in my C:/ drive called "Ubuntu", but I can't find anything in there that would continue the installation. There's a file called "interpid-desktop-amd64.iso, but when I open it and run the two executagles, it wants to uninstall.

Also, as you can see in the first image, there are "leftovers" from previous attempts. I have tried to use BootPro, and the OEM mbr editor, but none of those other, Kubuntu, adn Xubuntu are listed, and I can't seem to get rid of the entries, do you know where to look?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

John
xj0hnx
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Re: Installation problems

Postby cowboy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:42 am

Are you sure it does not say Intrepid-desktop....
If it does you might have a kernel issue..might want to try 1.8 instaed of 1.9 and see if that works for you
Edit...Are you using Wubi for your install inside windows? If so find your folder in windows and uninstall Wubi and check off do not save option....that should clear up your MBR
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby xj0hnx » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:42 am

Hi, yes, I am running Vista Ultimate 64-bit. I used EasyBCD to remove the extra entries on the MBR. I wound up taking a chance and installing Ultimate 1.9 on one of my storage disks, and it worked perfectly, easiest Linux install EVER, and I have done a few.

I was quite happy to also find out that GRUB gives me the normal choices, and the selection for Windows points it to the Vista Legacy boot screen so I can still choose either Vista or XP like before. Really glad I didn't have to go in with EasyBCD and remake the MBR. So now I am triple booting XP, Vista, and Ubuntu, good times.

Thanks,

John
xj0hnx
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby cowboy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:29 am

Well glad everything worked out..have used EasyBCD, and it has been a life saver for me on several messed up installs...my fault..lol...Oh and welcome to Ultimate Edition.... :)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God