Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Anyone With Problems, Please Read.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Re: Anyone With Problems, Please Read.

Postby brute » Fri May 09, 2008 11:50 pm

No actually, you might have pointed me in the right direction. When I ran Ubuntu live I got the busybox error, so I added all_generic_ide in the start up line and it actually went on to run. Yahoo! Now then I checked the partitions to ee if they were there, and low and behold there they lie. So the problem lies in the Ide somewhere, so the cable may be an issue as well as devices on it. I am used to using Samsung Dvd drives and this time I am using a Sony, so it may cause an issue not sure. I am on the right track though and will post back with a fix.
brute
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby pieter » Sat May 10, 2008 6:10 am

Whaahoo! I don't get it but <i GOT IT.
I had lost my volume and my video was 800x640 and constantly getting low graphics mode upon restart. My Xserver just would not start. Updating my system and restarting everything worked great. This is now one Kick-Ass OS. Let her fly.
Thanks again guys. Thank-you again TheeMann. I just don't know where you get your energy.
Make those 32 guys happy. But us 64 guys are really happy.
Pieter
pieter
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby Baphomet » Sat May 10, 2008 9:09 am

Brute...

Your problem sounds exactly like mine and from what I can tell you're taking the same steps I did and getting the same resulsts. Kiwi mentioned the 80 connector cable; try it.

I know it sounds like an odd solution but damn if it didn't work.

@ Pieter

You were having quite a few problems... What got them solved? Knowing what worked for someone helps when someone else with the same problem comes along.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sat May 10, 2008 4:44 pm

pieter wrote:Whaahoo! I don't get it but <i GOT IT.
I had lost my volume and my video was 800x640 and constantly getting low graphics mode upon restart. My Xserver just would not start. Updating my system and restarting everything worked great. This is now one Kick-Ass OS. Let her fly.
Thanks again guys. Thank-you again TheeMann. I just don't know where you get your energy.
Make those 32 guys happy. But us 64 guys are really happy.
Pieter

I tried to post solutions for your problem only to look down & find it has been fixed, deleted the post, glad you are good 2 go... I just do not have time I once had, I am under a constant load. I have thought about hanging it all up, thanks admin & those involved.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Zero Prime » Sat May 10, 2008 6:06 pm

Your a legend dude. We try to help when and where we can, but you are TheeMahn. Please don't hang everything up. We got yo back dog :)
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
Windows 7 64bit / Ultimate Edition 2.5
AMD Phenom 945 3.0Ghz Quad core
Foxconn A7GM-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI
HIS ATI 4670 1Gig
6GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Seagate 250gig HD
Thermaltake Xaser V case
Zero Prime
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby deate » Sat May 10, 2008 7:20 pm

Zero Prime wrote:Your a legend dude. We try to help when and where we can, but you are TheeMahn. Please don't hang everything up. We got yo back dog :)

Seriously!!!Don't sweat the small stuff! You got the best, most responsive, capable, fun loving mod's and admins here, to cover your back -end. And a great helpful community of users willing to throw in all the help they can. I know you'd like to respond and help everyone, that's "you", but no one expects that. So cut yourself a little slack BRO....we all got you covered, as best we can!!!
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby brute » Sun May 11, 2008 9:39 am

Have not tried the cable yet but I was able to install with all_generic_ide added to the boot. Ok it installs, but now when I try to install the Nvidia driver 169.12 I gewt a screwed up colored mess. The board is an ecs GF8200A Nvidia 8200 .I would figure the newest driver would work. No. Just a colored mess when I reboot. What is up with this? Anyone else having this issue?
brute
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Cab » Sun May 11, 2008 9:45 am

Just trying to look into your problem a little bit. 8200 from what I can tell thats a built in video card right? "integrated" to the motherboard.
Mother Board: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO WIFI
CPU: AMD 2700X
Memory: 32GB CORSAIR PRO RGB @3200
Video Card: EVGA GTX1080 FTW
Hard Drives: 1TB Network Drive, 1TB 860 EVO SSD, 1TB 970 EVO M.2
I'm in Southern New Mexico, USA (not Mexico)
Cab
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby brute » Sun May 11, 2008 11:40 am

Yep, built in it has SL1 capabilities it is like a video boost so to speak. I was thinking of adding a higher power card to get it's full capabilities but can not over come this obstacle first. I know it is suppose to use the latest driver, I am wondering if maybe it is a monitor issue in combination? I am using a viewsonic VX1940W. It does this on all Linux based distros I have tried so I know it is not isolated to just Ubuntu based. I am using just a dual core 64 bit processor and was thinking of trying the quad core, but that may create even more issues. And to make matters worst, it runs perfect on my Windows XP no glitches at all. Weird!
brute
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby cowboy » Sun May 11, 2008 12:44 pm

I would say check your monitor connection, but you say it runs XP good. Try that anyways...might try uninstalling Nvidia using Envy and reinstalling again..may have had a glitch in the download..your monitor is rated pretty high..so that should not be an issue..however you might have an adjustment on it..try that..grabbing at straws to some degree.. :?:
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God