Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

NO Sound in Mozilla

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

NO Sound in Mozilla

Postby nexrad7526 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:18 pm

So this is interesting..... I have sound/audio working except if I try to listen to slacker.com or other sites that have audio/sound/music. I can play music that I dl. Any ideas?

Thanks!
nexrad7526
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: NO Sound in Mozilla

Postby pch.shot » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:42 pm

This website is only for residents of the U.S.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby nexrad7526 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:18 am

Ahhh, okay I'm in Boise, Idaho:?
nexrad7526
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby deate » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:50 am

nexrad7526 wrote:Ahhh, okay I'm in Boise, Idaho:?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Apparently, that is no longer U.S. territory :lol: :lol: Sorry, not laughing at you, just that this made me laugh! I don't know the answer, but I'm sure someone will come along who does, or perhaps Reinstate you citizenship...
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby Redeemed » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:10 am

Request for Ctizenship denyed please resubmitt in 90 days w/ a half pound of "freedom" fries.... ;)
Laptop Specs
Intel core 2 Duo Proessor 2.00 GHZ
200GB serial ATA hard disk Drive
1.3 mp Webcam
(Everything else is Onboard)
Redeemed

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby nexrad7526 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:35 pm

Nick,

Thanks for the help. I didn't get any sound but it was a good attempt.

I guess I'll have to wait the 90 days for citizenship :?
nexrad7526
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby deate » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Hey, I found this, probably not your problem but maybe worth a shot??? http://www.enigmacurry.com/2007/11/20/s ... screenlet/
If you care to give it a shot, here's another link...http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Desktop- ... 6646.shtml

Sorry to keep adding, but you may have to do this first??? http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2007/12/0 ... tu-update/
Update: screenlets is already installed Applications>Accessories>Screenlets...
Update #2: Anyone bored or adventutous, or perhaps you've already done this??? Download the tar. for this screenlet, drag and drop it into the screenlets folder, launch it and see if it works...I don't have any sound/speakers hooked up to my 1.8 machine to test it...
Update#3: just thought I'd show you what I've got so far for your slacker needs, as I said, I can't test it as I don't have sound/speakers,but perhaps you'd like to try it, it can be set to auto start, and you could run it without having to open a browser????
Attachments
Screenshot.png
deate
Site Admin

Postby pch.shot » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:18 pm

To nexrad. I'm glad you posted your location. It really does help as you can see. I live in Canada, so I can't really test the website out to give you a hand. Maybe one of these Yanks here will be able to help. Forget what they are telling you, Idaho is the true heartland of America. These big city folk don't know jack!!!! Looks like a pretty nice place to me!!
Attachments
idaho-boise.jpg
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby nexrad7526 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:51 pm

Deate, thanks for the help but no luck.

pch-shot, thanks for your response.

Still no luck. Even moved to 1.9 with no improvement. Arrr. Maybe I'll get it with 2.0?

paul
nexrad7526
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby deate » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:14 am

nexrad7526 wrote:Deate, thanks for the help but no luck.

pch-shot, thanks for your response.

Still no luck. Even moved to 1.9 with no improvement. Arrr. Maybe I'll get it with 2.0?

paul

Sorry that didn't work,perhaps someone will have the answers, if it didn't work eliminating the browser, then I suspect there is another problem...??? Are you sure Idaho is still part of the U.S. :lol: :lol: I'll see what else I can find...
Just a thought: since you know the sound works with some music and not others, we know it's not hardware related...and if you tried what I suggested earlier, removing the browser from the equation, and it's not that... then could we assume that it might be the format these files are being delivered in? Perhaps we don't have the right de-coding software in place yet...hopefully, someone with more experience in "Sound" will chime in
Update #1 for today: I know this ain't what you want to hear, I just plugged in a set of speakers to my 1.8 box, clicked on the slack.com screenlet, clicked a station, hit play, and I have sound! So my speculation about other software goes out the window...I can tell you the only thing that I have done after install that might cause interference (???) is remove "Gnash" other than that I don't have a clue??? Mine works without a browser open...go figure???I would suggest that you post your system specs. in your signature, maybe there is something there that needs looking into...I'd like to see you make it work, sorry mine does and yours doesn't , but I have to admit, it's pretty cool...again...sorry :oops:
deate
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8