Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Mplayer package, how is it built for Ultimate?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Mplayer package, how is it built for Ultimate?

Postby maxim » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:05 am

I'm attempting to approach a problem that cropped up a little while ago when I tried to play an HD video in Linux. The problem was that the decoder didn't utilize all the CPUs in my machine, or poorly decoded the video. Regardless, the solution was to use a Windows based decoder called CoreAVC wrapped in a DirectShowServer. The only different is that I am no longer using Xine as I couldn't get it to compile correctly.

The story is all covered here:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=893

My question comes up when I have the ability to create a debian package. I have done this on my current installation, however, I get a constant message saying that my Mplayer is out of date.I don't know the first thing about debian packages so I was wondering if I would be able to create the Mplayer package in the same fashion that TheeMan does, or atleast in a similar fashion. I have noticed that in the version that I have created the Subtitles support the fonts of the video itself, where as the previous version did not. Once I learn a little more about debian packages, I could possible distribute it to the Ultimate Edition community making it easier to support HD playback. What do you guys think?
maxim
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Mplayer package, how is it built for Ultimate?

Postby vinca » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:08 pm

not sure if you're trying with hddvd or bluray, but the method used here might be of some help/

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Restr ... ayAndHDDVD
Vinca... aka BIG V

http://www.scienceprousa.com
Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Intel Core2Duo E6300 oced to 2.2 ghz
Radeon x1600
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x 250 gb western digital hard drives soon to be in raid
all on ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

~Energy and persistence conquer all things~ -Ben Franklin
vinca
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby maxim » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:17 pm

Na, these would be fore HD codecs other than those used on HDDVD and BluRay Discs.
maxim
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby vinca » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:13 pm

maxim wrote:Na, these would be fore HD codecs other than those used on HDDVD and BluRay Discs.

sorry 'bout that. Do you think that maybe just reinstalling mplayer from synaptic would help? Mplayer is a great command line player, but the gui sucks :lol:
Vinca... aka BIG V

Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Radeon x1600

vinca
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby vinca » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:07 pm

lol... look at my post above... google does similar things sometimes :lol:
Vinca... aka BIG V

Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Radeon x1600

vinca
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby picpak » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:07 pm

vinca wrote:
maxim wrote:Na, these would be fore HD codecs other than those used on HDDVD and BluRay Discs.

sorry 'bout that. Do you think that maybe just reinstalling mplayer from synaptic would help? Mplayer is a great command line player, but the gui sucks :lol:

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get remove mplayer
sudo apt-get install mplayer-nogui gnome-mplayer

It will make your MPlayer GUI suck less. Trust me.
picpak
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 BIT

Postby maxim » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:07 am

I'm quite confused by everyone's responses so far. This thread is in regards to building my own Mplayer debian package which would allow support for the CoreAVC software package to be simply "plugged in," and then providing that debian package to the community for download. I've built the debian package, but the version information is where it falls short of expectations, since the package that is created is of an "older" version that is available through the repositories. The reason I ask how it's built is because I would like to build the same version that is available on the repositories, but with the added support of the CoreAVC software. That way anyone who downloads the package will have the same Mplayer that would normal have, but with added support for CoreAVC. Once that is established I can simply rebuild the Mplayer package with each release, and build a debian package for the community for anyone who would like to simply just install instead of compile and build their own custom Mplayer.
maxim
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:10 pm

maxim wrote:I'm attempting to approach a problem that cropped up a little while ago when I tried to play an HD video in Linux. The problem was that the decoder didn't utilize all the CPUs in my machine, or poorly decoded the video. Regardless, the solution was to use a Windows based decoder called CoreAVC wrapped in a DirectShowServer. The only different is that I am no longer using Xine as I couldn't get it to compile correctly.

The story is all covered here:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtop ... f=33&t=893

My question comes up when I have the ability to create a debian package. I have done this on my current installation, however, I get a constant message saying that my Mplayer is out of date.I don't know the first thing about debian packages so I was wondering if I would be able to create the Mplayer package in the same fashion that TheeMan does, or atleast in a similar fashion. I have noticed that in the version that I have created the Subtitles support the fonts of the video itself, where as the previous version did not. Once I learn a little more about debian packages, I could possible distribute it to the Ultimate Edition community making it easier to support HD playback. What do you guys think?

Inside the deb is a folder called DEBIAN, inside the folder is a file called control sudo nano control and change the version # I do not suggest distributing the deb (unless you are the maintainer), but will get you up and going.

Example:
Package: ultimate-edition-themes
Priority: optional
Section: admin
Architecture: i386
Depends:libc6
Version: 0.0.3
Maintainer: TheeMahn <[email protected]>
Installed-Size: 579900
Description: Ultimate Edition Themes
All Themes, Logins (GDM), Wallpapers, Icons & Usplashes used in all Ultimate edition releases from 1.3 up.
* 3 Ultimate Edition usplashes
* 28 Wallpapers
* 10 GDM logins
* 20 Icon sets
* 62 GTK / Metacity themes
* 12 Emerald themes
* 4 Cursor sets
* 2 Sound schemes
For information please visit http://ultamatix.com/.

Any further questions feel free to ask.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby maxim » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:06 pm

I found through trial and error and searching through the files which ones I needed to change. I've managed to create a debian package that is essentially prepatched for use with CoreAVC in addition to support for the all codec pack available from the mplayer website (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/release ... 07.tar.bz2). In addition I have been able to set the version information so that it's later than the one that's available on the repo. I can also set the dependancies for this package to download all the lirbrary packages needed for the codecs to work. I'm still not sure how well it would work for public use though. I'll have to experiment with it over time.
maxim
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby vinca » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:23 pm

maxim wrote:I found through trial and error and searching through the files which ones I needed to change. I've managed to create a debian package that is essentially prepatched for use with CoreAVC in addition to support for the all codec pack available from the mplayer website (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/release ... 07.tar.bz2). In addition I have been able to set the version information so that it's later than the one that's available on the repo. I can also set the dependancies for this package to download all the lirbrary packages needed for the codecs to work. I'm still not sure how well it would work for public use though. I'll have to experiment with it over time.

great work, these things are so complicated, and yet only linux can do them. Ultimate Rocks!
Vinca... aka BIG V

Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Radeon x1600

vinca
U.E. Master