Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

yea i really need help

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Re: yea i really need help

Postby pch.shot » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:49 am

I would suggest investing in one small hard drive dedicated only for an operating system and software. Store all your keepsakes(including all your bookmarks) on another drive. Your op drive should be a good one(Raptor 10k/74 gig 5 year warranty http://www.wdc.com/en/products/productcatalog.asp#jump1). Your operating system will take the brunt of the abuse, your data drive won't(so it should last longer). Also back up critical stuff on dvd or cd disc or on another drive(usb). That way when something goes wrong, just reinstall your os and software in an hour or so and your good to go. No data lost. Hope everthing works out well for you. pch
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby vinca » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:54 am

pch.shot wrote:I would suggest investing in one small hard drive dedicated only for an operating system and software. Store all your keepsakes(including all your bookmarks) on another drive. Your op drive should be a good one(Raptor 10k/74 gig 5 year warranty http://www.wdc.com/en/products/productcatalog.asp#jump1). Your operating system will take the brunt of the abuse, your data drive won't(so it should last longer). Also back up critical stuff on dvd or cd disc or on another drive(usb). That way when something goes wrong, just reinstall your os and software in an hour or so and your good to go. No data lost. Hope everthing works out well for you. pch

great theory. genius!! ;)
Vinca... aka BIG V

http://www.scienceprousa.com
Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Intel Core2Duo E6300 oced to 2.2 ghz
Radeon x1600
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x 250 gb western digital hard drives soon to be in raid
all on ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

~Energy and persistence conquer all things~ -Ben Franklin
vinca
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Baphomet » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:36 pm

pch.shot wrote:I would suggest investing in one small hard drive dedicated only for an operating system and software. Store all your keepsakes (including all your bookmarks) on another drive.

Quoted for Great Justice.

Dual-drive systems are the only, I repeat the ONLY way to fly. I picked up a 500GB, USB 2.0 Maxtor about a month ago for $99. I mean, come ON, people; ninety-nine lousy bucks! And that drive is in addition to the secondary slave-drive I have mounted in my system internally. Furthermore, I just built something similar for my GF using an older 120GB Western Digital drive I had lying around. That, and a $30 enclosure, makes for a lot of very cheap insurance.

Externals are nice because if (when?) the fecal matter impacts the rotary oscillator, you can simply grab-n-go with it tucked under your arm. Assuming both arms are still attached. If in fact they are not, however, use bungee cords to strap the external drive to your ankle, use the others as tourniquets to staunch the bleeding from the gaping sockets in your torso.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby tbird » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:00 pm

Check DVD

Make fresh install without installing 8.04 1st (not sure if you are installing 8.04 then using upgrade option on 1.8?)

Also agree with not importing back any data from FF. Go to sites and drag them to Bookmarks toolbar, get FF to remember passwords after you have entered on sites.

I too have 1 250gb with just operating systems installed. Important files like data, music, videos and photos etc are on other drives. When i mess up now all I lose is time not important data.
Nec hostium timete, nec amicum reusate.
Fear no enemy, deny no friend.
tbird
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby vinca » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:21 pm

tbird wrote:Check DVD

Make fresh install without installing 8.04 1st (not sure if you are installing 8.04 then using upgrade option on 1.8?)

Also agree with not importing back any data from FF. Go to sites and drag them to Bookmarks toolbar, get FF to remember passwords after you have entered on sites.

I too have 1 250gb with just operating systems installed. Important files like data, music, videos and photos etc are on other drives. When i mess up now all I lose is time not important data.

in other words GET TO THE POINT BAPHOMET SOME PEOPLE NEED HELP AROUND HERE :lol:
Vinca... aka BIG V

http://www.scienceprousa.com
Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Intel Core2Duo E6300 oced to 2.2 ghz
Radeon x1600
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x 250 gb western digital hard drives soon to be in raid
all on ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

~Energy and persistence conquer all things~ -Ben Franklin
vinca
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby killertea » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:13 pm

hi there i know it's been a long time but. i install the 1.9 and every thing is better now,

on the compizconfig settings manager on some of the things i click it and then some things come up saying resolve issues. and then after that the check mark goes away. i click and click and it wont work. lol.

Nick wrote:Hi killertea :)

For the printer issue try

sudo apt-get install hplip gtklp xpp hpijs python-qt3-doc libqt3-mt-mysql hplip-ppds
Then,
System->administration->printing > printer> add printer and in step 2 select psc 1600 from 'HP (HPLIP)' in the manufacturer drop down menu (as opposed to just 'HP')
Then xsane will tell you it can't find any scanning devices so install a package called libsane-extras from synaptic and try xsane again.

In relation to compiz not working ? Did you install the graphics via Envy ? :?

Good luck <BREW>

i was ably to get the printer working before it jammed and i swear it said go f your self. then crashed killing it self. after that the damn thing does not work at all, it wont even tern on.lol

ok heres another problem. i got a sa3025/37 mp3 player and i am was using Audio CD Extractor to turn the cd songs in to mp3 and it worked, i then transferd the mp3s over and it worked, i was ably to hear the music, but here was the other thing, they weren't in order so i put them in order, then i went to http://www.mp3raid.com/ and downloaded some songs, to a desktop folder. then transfer it over to my mp3 player and it worked and i did not have to put them in order, what is the problem here why wont it go in order when i use the Audio CD Extractor?
killertea
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8