Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 1.8 32 bit

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Re: Ultimate Edition 32 bit???

Postby bluey » Tue May 20, 2008 7:10 pm

I've come in a bit late here but I believe this is relevant. Whilst installing Ultimate, both 64 &32, my screen also froze and the mouse pointer just wouldn't move. No keyboard response, no matter what I did. Until I figured a way around this a hard reboot and start again was the only answer. Now I installed 64 as soon as it was released, (I waited and pounced like many others), md5 and burn confirmed OK. Idid the nuke and start again 5 times and was just about to post a help topic when I decided to try something different. When the freeze happened, I just unplugged the mouse and plugged it back in again. (ps2 mouse). Everything continued without fault from there & has been smokin' ever since. :D

Now when 32bit was released, I also d/l and installed it. Obviously my machine is a 64bit but I had a spare partition so I thought why not. Anyway, the same freeze and no response. But this time as soon as it happened, I just unplugged and replugged the ps2 mouse and away we went without fault.

I have no explanation for this. Maybe Ultimate is too hot for some hardware pieces and they need to cool off a bit to catch up. :lol:

My mouse & keyboard are pretty old whilst the rest of the system has been rebuilt or upgraded. There maybe something in that. Anyway here are my specs if it helps.

mouse & keyboard..old and generic
mobo..GA-M55SLI-S4 with updated BIOS
cpu..AMD x2 6400+ dual core 64bit
ram..4gb 800 duel channel ram (super talent)
gfx..Nvidia 8600gt 512 (gigabyte brand)
h/d..2x320 seagate IDE 1x500 seagate IDE
dvd..LG super multi
Ultimate Edition 1.9_AMD64
Debian Testing_AMD64

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+
4gb ram ddr2 800
GeForce 8600 GT
2x320gb Seagate h/d
1x500gb Seagate h/d
LG super multi dvd/cd

Ultimate Edition 1.9...Freakin' Awesome.
bluey
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue May 20, 2008 7:39 pm

bluey wrote:I've come in a bit late here but I believe this is relevant. Whilst installing Ultimate, both 64 &32, my screen also froze and the mouse pointer just wouldn't move. No keyboard response, no matter what I did. Until I figured a way around this a hard reboot and start again was the only answer. Now I installed 64 as soon as it was released, (I waited and pounced like many others), md5 and burn confirmed OK. Idid the nuke and start again 5 times and was just about to post a help topic when I decided to try something different. When the freeze happened, I just unplugged the mouse and plugged it back in again. (ps2 mouse). Everything continued without fault from there & has been smokin' ever since. :D

Now when 32bit was released, I also d/l and installed it. Obviously my machine is a 64bit but I had a spare partition so I thought why not. Anyway, the same freeze and no response. But this time as soon as it happened, I just unplugged and replugged the ps2 mouse and away we went without fault.

I have no explanation for this. Maybe Ultimate is too hot for some hardware pieces and they need to cool off a bit to catch up. :lol:

My mouse & keyboard are pretty old whilst the rest of the system has been rebuilt or upgraded. There maybe something in that. Anyway here are my specs if it helps.

mouse & keyboard..old and generic
mobo..GA-M55SLI-S4 with updated BIOS
cpu..AMD x2 6400+ dual core 64bit
ram..4gb 800 duel channel ram (super talent)
gfx..Nvidia 8600gt 512 (gigabyte brand)
h/d..2x320 seagate IDE 1x500 seagate IDE
dvd..LG super multi

If I was you & I am not ;) Would run the 64 bit counterpart. The power I have seen there dual or quad core, is simply amazing & 4 GB of ram NTL, yesterday is what I have posted... It does what you tell it yesterday. I am glad you found it, you have high dollar equipment invest in a mouse ;) I have a A4 tech USB wireless & do not witness that. I will tell you what I witness... I have a Quad Crossfire board, yet I can toss in 4 video cards it will be slower with 4 cards in *nix then just 1 vid card. Not a show stopper but pisses me off to no end. What is the purpose of having 4 video cards when 1 runs faster... Sure in windows I am "TheeMahn", sorry I live in Ultimate Edition.

I think further explanation is appropriate, SLI (scalable linking interface), holds hands down in *nix crossfire (ATI) should learn a few things. I have seen both platforms. I will press this issue & crossfire support will be in nix or lost customers, simple as that. I will not play. Millions of viewers can "crush a website". I am here for your best interest & in this case my own for the first time, as well as other ATI Crossfire users. It is not me that writes things such as this, I just press issues, millions at a time.

I utilize my position to make things happen. I could show you stats, most are oblivious to what I see, why do you think I now have 6 websites (as of today none the less), probably will be 7, 8 etc. before I am done. 1 server can not handle traffic of that factor. A wake up call to the "big companies".

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby raven » Tue May 20, 2008 7:52 pm

I've installed the Ultimate 1.8 and it installed flawlessly. I love the work you do Thee Mahn. One minor thing though. I installed with my home partition intact and I don't have an upgrade button. Is there a script where I can add this? Thanks for all that you do. This is my first post here, even though I've been lurking around for a long while.

raven
Last edited by raven on Tue May 20, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raven
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby marty6 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:40 pm

TheeMahn,

I just had the opportunity to burn the dvd tonight. I downloaded the 32 bit version yesterday morning but had not the time until now. Running it as a livecd atm. Looks great!! I'll have to drive into it later this week. After learning how to run the UU1.8 edition, I would like to learn later how to make my own distro the way you and your team have done so. Great Job!! Very impressed with the high level of creativity!

marty6
mobo: asus p5q3 dlx w/wifi
Processor: intel core 2 quad q9650 3.0ghz
ram: corsair xms3 dhx 8 gig ram 1600 (pc 12800)
Vid card: evga gtx 260 896 mb
1st hdd: Windows Vista x64
2nd hdd: Storage Drive
3rd hdd: UU3.5.1 <-- trying to get there
marty6
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Wed May 21, 2008 2:52 am

raven wrote:I've installed the Ultimate 1.8 and it installed flawlessly. I love the work you do Thee Mahn. One minor thing though. I installed with my home partition intact and I don't have an upgrade button. Is there a script where I can add this? Thanks for all that you do. This is my first post here, even though I've been lurking around for a long while.

raven

It is posted against my will many places on this forum.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Wed May 21, 2008 2:58 am

marty6 wrote:TheeMahn,

I just had the opportunity to burn the dvd tonight. I downloaded the 32 bit version yesterday morning but had not the time until now. Running it as a livecd atm. Looks great!! I'll have to drive into it later this week. After learning how to run the UU1.8 edition, I would like to learn later how to make my own distro the way you and your team have done so. Great Job!! Very impressed with the high level of creativity!

marty6

Many blood sweat & tears, heavy on the tears. Enjoy, I have had to expand the "inbox" today 1500 msg's, 500 was not enough (full or close to it). I also opened a new site to help. I am buried for some time. I always wonder how many will see this post...

Funny talked to Cab on the phone, you will see a Ultimate Edition 1.8 screencast from him. He will make me proud. Millions of hits, I am buried,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby zuandiudin » Wed May 21, 2008 4:59 am

Very nice, very good job!
thanks TheeMahn! <BREW>
zuandiudin in italy
zuandiudin
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby raven » Wed May 21, 2008 8:36 am

It is posted against my will many places on this forum.

Found it, I apologize for not finding it on my own. Thought that 1.8 would have a separate source. Ultimate Edition 1.8 is running great on my machine. Again thanks to Thee Mahn for his hard work and all of the moderators who make this forum an informative place to check out.

raven
raven
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:33 am

TheeMahn wrote:
marty6 wrote:TheeMahn,

marty6

Many blood sweat & tears, heavy on the tears. Enjoy, I have had to expand the "inbox" today 1500 msg's, 500 was not enough (full or close to it). I also opened a new site to help. I am buried for some time. I always wonder how many will see this post...

Funny talked to Cab on the phone, you will see a Ultimate Edition 1.8 screencast from him. He will make me proud. Millions of hits, I am buried,

TheeMahn

OK Cab, TheeMahn just threw you under the bus! You have to post a link in here for the upcoming screen-cast.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby bluey » Wed May 21, 2008 10:37 am

If I was you & I am not ;) Would run the 64 bit counterpart. The power I have seen there dual or quad core, is simply amazing & 4 GB of ram NTL, yesterday is what I have posted... It does what you tell it yesterday. I am glad you found it, you have high dollar equipment invest in a mouse ;) I have a A4 tech USB wireless & do not witness that. I will tell you what I witness... I have a Quad Crossfire board, yet I can toss in 4 video cards it will be slower with 4 cards in *nix then just 1 vid card. Not a show stopper but pisses me off to no end. What is the purpose of having 4 video cards when 1 runs faster... Sure in windows I am "TheeMahn", sorry I live in Ultimate Edition.

Thee Mahn you are right. 64 bit is the way to go. I will invest in a good mouse and keyboard. I was asked a question by a friend as to what difference there was between 32bit and 64 bit as far as installed apps was concerned. I replied the same. I had a spare partition so installed 32bit as a demonstration as to what was there. Not everyone has 64bit.

For too long now I waited for my computer to do as i asked. Now when I say jump it says done, next command master. :lol: Thanks again for this wonderful distro.
Ultimate Edition 1.9_AMD64
Debian Testing_AMD64

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+
4gb ram ddr2 800
GeForce 8600 GT
2x320gb Seagate h/d
1x500gb Seagate h/d
LG super multi dvd/cd

Ultimate Edition 1.9...Freakin' Awesome.
bluey
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8