Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Router Problems

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Re: Router Problems

Postby SaddleTramp » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:12 pm

Angel wrote: :lol: Just before I left for work it started but figured mum would turn it off and it would be fine last night...she left it on ALL day could have cooked an egg on it :lol:

Had one drop out last night but figured it's new so i'll give it a few days.....if not I'm onto the ISP provider can't say it's the router if it's a new one...tried that one on me the other night.

The only thing was the install disc was only for Windoze *shudders* had to use mum's computer...was on and off in a flash though so very very easy to set up.
:o Rut roh...cookin' eggs on modem gets salt & pepper betwixt the 'tronics :lol: You might want to set a little desk fan by the modem if ya can, keep the air circulatin' around it :idea: ... not one myself to be accusin' anyone of anything, but are ya sure, without a doubt, absolutely positive, that "mum's" not playin' around with the connection settings??? The ONLY reason I'm asking is that my mom has found her way in there a time or 2 (just by luck???) and then comes in to tell me that her cable came unplugged again (yes, she has figured out how to do the built in connection repair that windows has for the network devices :o :o ) The way I let her know I was on to her, was I went to the drivers for her built in ethernet, pulled up the properties, and showed the date they were last modified (which they do any time you change the settings ;) )...Yep, her little escapades were revealed :!: Speechless she was...couldn't blame that one on the "gremlins" LMAO...it was only a couple of days she forgot all about that (dementia kicked in)...and I caught her again...well, I changed her admin account over to my name and created a user account for her (which removed Admin privileges from her) and now she can't change as much around in her system anymore 8-) ... at least she hasn't yet :? Just food for thought...no harm or offense meant :) 8-)
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby SaddleTramp » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Angel wrote::lol: I wish i could blame her :lol: She's finally got game enough to do her own defrag, and scans :lol:
No Offense taken I blamed her too when it first happened, she doesn't know how to get into the network settings or the old router settings PLUS she doesn't know the password or user id.

When she first got the computer I laid down ground rules...don't go into Control Panel or system settings without me there....worked for a little while but she got curious took me ages to fix it. Doesn't go in there now, going to have to teach her though *shudders at the thought*

Was on her compuer one night trying to fix it and she's standing behind me going "What are you doing, don't break it. What are you doing, where are you now?" In the end i said to her next time your outside i'll fix this. She's a pain in the rear when I'm on there, don't think she trusts me on her computer.....something to do with breaking mine on too many times i think.

In saying that she unplugged the power cord to the old router one night and I lost EVERY connection to it...took me ages for the router to refind me...she got politely (after i calmed down enough to speak) to never do that again. She hasn't done it again :lol:

Mum pipes up from the background saying "She blames me for everthing" which isn't true well not most of the time. :lol:

Yep LMAO..ya gotta luv'em :D <BREW> <BREW> 8-)
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby SaddleTramp » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:36 am

Angel wrote:
SaddleTramp wrote:Yep LMAO..ya gotta luv'em :D <BREW> <BREW> 8-)

Yep no matter how annoying they get you just have to love them :D <BREW> :D <BREW>

I knew i shouldn't have left her alone today she buggered the router up....decided to change all the splitters around....had no net LOL.....she did put everything back the way i had it......she's learnt a good lesson there :lol:

:o Uh huh...just a matter of time :lol: She'll be kickin' back 'round & fallin' into those connection settings before ya know it!! LMAO (Funny to think about...not gonna be when it happens tho' ;) ) Can u say "Gremlins" :twisted: :lol: :D 8-)
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8