Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.9 Already?

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Ultimate Edition 2.9 Logo

#1 - Ultimate Edition 2.9 Dark
15%
#2 - Ultimate Edition 2.9 Flat Face
4%
#3 - Ultimate Edition 2.9 Deep sunk
20%
#4 - Ultimate Edition Rounded grey & purple.
43%
#5 - Ultimate Edition 2.9 Gold
18%

Total votes : 103

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.9 Already?

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:46 am

billhedrick wrote:TheeMann, that script worked great! I now have one kernal in 2.8, that's all I want or need.

You are welcome that is the same command I used to rip out all older kernels out of Ultimate Edition 2.6.1, before re-building initrd and vmlinuz.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: themelinux-0.0.1_all.deb

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:49 am

win2linconvert wrote:Well, I installed the themelinux deb and updated apt-get a few days ago and so far I've had no problems. Haven't tried the kernel purge yet. Think I'll try it after I get through downloading the new 2.6.1 iso. That way if I screw things up I can just reinstall with the new and improved version. Will let you know how things go in a day or so.

win2linconvert

P.S. Couldn't post a reply in the hidden posts section. Could have sworn I was able to post there before. Is my memory faulty or have y'all taken away the ability to post replies in that section?

I am glad to hear themelinux is working as I intended, all thanks to the repomaster script I wrote ;) It is not perfect yet I have to babysit it as it runs it's magic. I will release it when it is 100% automatic. As far as Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 is concerned you won't have to do that with Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 it has the latest kernel and I have already done so before building it. What hidden posts section are you referring to?
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby win2linconvert » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:21 am

I was referring to the hidden post only available to registered users, but for some reason the post a reply button is now visible. I done a report a site problem through Opera (It's in the Help menu, but you probably already knew that.) just after I posted something about it on the Ultimate Edition forum from Firefox. I guess it was something on their end. I've notice the same problem in Opera in the submit a comment section of DistroWatch Weekly. Someone on their forum told me to make Opera identify its self as Firefox to solve the problem but I'm not quite sure how or if I want too. I like Opera and want the sites I visit to know I'm using Opera in order to promote it, just like I want them to know I'm using Ultimate Edition and not some other distro, or worse Windows. Anyway, Thanks for Ultimate Edition I really enjoy using it and telling others about it. Keep up the good work... I know I'm not the only one who appreciates it.

win2linconvert
win2linconvert
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Location: The Occupied & Oppressed (since 1865) Confederate States of America.
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 BIT

Postby OneBox44 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi Guys,

Just want to say well impressed with 2.8, if 2.9 is gonna top this Then I'm on board!!! :D
To TheeMann what your doing is amazing, can't thank you enough & the rest of the team for putting these distro's together, constantly improving them. Plus all the support you give to us user's. <BREW>
Have used both ATi & Nvidia cards with 2.8 & not suffered any ill effects?? (8600GT)
So keep at guys!!
You converted me full time from Windows! :oops:

Big Thank You for that...
OneBox44
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Any update on 2.9? I am seeing rumbles that it's out there, but I haven't seen a link yet
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby pclinuxguru » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:11 am

billhedrick wrote:Any update on 2.9? I am seeing rumbles that it's out there, but I haven't seen a link yet

Sent ya a pm, if ya have not already found what you seek.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Welcome to Global moderator, you came highly recommended, by both JohnnyG as well as Blackwolf. JohnnyG and I spoke on the phone yesterday, he says you are persistent in resolving the end users problem, thanks. I am sorry I have not had the chance to "chew the fat" with you, but I am typically very busy, as I am sure you will soon find out.

Let's break down where we are... Ultimate Edition 2.9 X64 is uploaded (released to admin / mods), everyone I have spoke to has said thus far is w/o issue. I have a 32 bit edition built, but is not w/o issue. I have not even bothered to upload it yet, because of this. I do not want to point fingers and say who's fault it is, but the situation will be rectified. If necessary I will start over from the ground up. I would love to say I will be uploading it this eve, but reality begins to point to this weekend at best. At least 24 hrs for admin, mods and beta testers to attempt to break it and a release.

I have alot of time sunk in Ultimate Edition 2.9, running it and funny I hate it. I have said this in the past I am not a KDE man. I am betting when I am done I drop Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 on here and roll with it until Ultimate Edition 3.0. 2.6.1 is absolutely bulletproof on my PC & has everything I need. Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 may not be cutting edge, but is w/o issue.

I have a new toy I bought today, it will replace my primary graphics (was running a ATI X1650 / Nvidia 8400 gs - hybrid tripple sli board). I can not use it right now until I get a dual 4 pin modex to 6 pin vga adapter. Most "Showstopers" of Ultimate Edition are Nvidia graphics. ATI is pretty fairly well supported in *Nix, I get compiz running live with current ATI card. Intel releases their drivers open source so they are not an issue. I bought a PNY Nvidia 9800GT 1GB DDR3 from a buddy of mine for $50 still in box, was hard to turn down and a weak point or bottleneck in my system.

I am hopeful once I finish the repomaster that I can be on the forum to help resolve NVidia issues as well other issues.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby pclinuxguru » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:30 pm

Theemahn , I wish to thank you.

The work you do is ever so impressive. I have used Ultimate Edition 2.7 2.8 2.9 and have loved them all.

Installed Ultimate Edition 2.9 on both systems, it works flawless for me.

I have a great deal of admiration for you and your work. I assure you, I will do all I can do continue to promote and support ultimate edition and its forums.

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Your Ultimate Edition has impressed me so much, I have made the transition to it to fill all my business needs. I started offering Ultimate Edition as a alternative for free to my clients about 8 months ago.

Nearly all of them just love Ultimate Edition.

Your a GREAT person for doing what you do. Thank you.
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:14 am

Gúrú Linux ríomhaire wrote:Theemahn , I wish to thank you.

The work you do is ever so impressive. I have used Ultimate Edition 2.7 2.8 2.9 and have loved them all.

Installed Ultimate Edition 2.9 on both systems, it works flawless for me.

I have a great deal of admiration for you and your work. I assure you, I will do all I can do continue to promote and support ultimate edition and its forums.

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Your Ultimate Edition has impressed me so much, I have made the transition to it to fill all my business needs. I started offering Ultimate Edition as a alternative for free to my clients about 8 months ago.

Nearly all of them just love Ultimate Edition.

Your a GREAT person for doing what you do. Thank you.

Thank you first. You deserve your position. I hope you test what I am writing, please provide me feedback.

Thank you for thinking that way. You will see Ultimate Edition 3.0, before the masses. I would like you to test software I am writing as well. I know you are new here. The software I am writing is not ;)

Do not take it wrong, I am going to wake up the world. I have a job. I appreciate all you said. I am writing software that will put the shakes into a individual. Personally, I prefer to give away free world wise.

I am not saying that because I see 155,000 ppl today. If I have control , we will not have any issue. I do not care about $. Repetitively I say that.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby pclinuxguru » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:48 am

I will gladly test what ever you need on multiple platforms.

Intel AMD nvidia and Ati/amd

What ever I can do to help.
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

PreviousNext

Return to Archive