Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Xmas Edition???

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Re: Ultimate Xmas Edition???

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:06 pm

For any of you having problems downloading Xmas Edition, I am going to provide a link to download, this will take you to a page not the iso, once the page opens click download at the bottom.
Screenshot.png
Download link

Damn, just tested that, Paul is the bomb. it detects where you are coming from if address does not = viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2411 it re-directs you to that address. Once this page shows up scroll to the bottom of the page:
bottom.png
bottom

Then click on this link, Paul has done an excellent job protecting the file. You can post that link anywhere on the net and it is going to take you to the forum.
working link.png
The only way to download Xmas Edition

Please do not even try to use a download manager, Paul has told me he has it restricted, I now do not look for Paul to go down, he has his ducks in a row... Smart fella.

Could someone please start a torrent and post the link here, TriTon does not know how to set one up, but is ready to seed.

Thanks,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby cowboy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:41 pm

Thats cool mine fell short of the mb..oh well..
Will try again later...
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby dragonfly » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:07 pm

I just downloaded and installed Ultimate Xmas Edition and the only problem I have is with sound. I have ALSA installed but don't get any sound when I do the test. I can't play my music and I believe this to be the reason. I get the test tone on OSS. What do I need to do. Once I get this fixed I think I will stay with this system. I passed on Ubuntu 2.0 because I liked my Ubuntu 1.9 too much to part with, but I really like this Xmas Edition. Please help me fix my sound and I will really have a Happy Holiday.
Merry Christmas to Theemahn and all his little helpers, you guys deserve a break. :mrgreen:
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby dragonfly » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:33 pm

Hi again, I just discovered that my sound is working just fine. I tried amarok and the sound was great from any of the channels that I tried. My problem is that I was trying to play a cd and nothing is picking it up. I can read what is on the cd but rhythmbox player won't play it.
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Nice job. My compliments to everyone involved in making the x-mas theme pack and x-mas edition happen. The theme and the wallpapers look sweet. The snow-upsplash doesn't seem to want to load on my 1.9 64 bit, but other than that it's a real piece of art. Have a great x-mas everyone. <BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Postby red_team316 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:53 pm

2hot6ft2 wrote:Nice job. My compliments to everyone involved in making the x-mas theme pack and x-mas edition happen. The theme and the wallpapers look sweet. The snow-upsplash doesn't seem to want to load on my 1.9 64 bit, but other than that it's a real piece of art. Have a great x-mas everyone. <BREW>

The Xmas usplash is made for Intrepid-based, not Hardy-based. It's due to a change by the usplash developers. Nothing major to worry about. Also, 32-bit usplashes shouldn't work on 64-bit. Your going to need to load it into 2.0 or Xmas edition and all should be good.
Core i7 920(working on a decent OC), x58 ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 6GB DDR3 1600, EVGA 8800GTS512, Silencer 750W PSU, CoolerMaster V8, Red Antec900
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:44 pm

red_team316 wrote:
2hot6ft2 wrote:Nice job. My compliments to everyone involved in making the x-mas theme pack and x-mas edition happen. The theme and the wallpapers look sweet. The snow-upsplash doesn't seem to want to load on my 1.9 64 bit, but other than that it's a real piece of art. Have a great x-mas everyone. <BREW>

The Xmas usplash is made for Intrepid-based, not Hardy-based. It's due to a change by the usplash developers. Nothing major to worry about. Also, 32-bit usplashes shouldn't work on 64-bit. Your going to need to load it into 2.0 or Xmas edition and all should be good.

When I wrote the theme pack it will detect x64 / 32 bit and drop your .so linked accordingly, it will not as Redteam brought up work in any OS then 2.0 or intrepid, I cant say Jaunty yet... I guess I should have wrote it to detect hardy & history.

Thanks redteam,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby dragonfly » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:18 pm

I just had to make one last post. This Xmas Edition is absolutely Fantastic. I know I'm a little slow at figuring things out but now I've found my way around on this system I am extremely pleased with it. I never thought I would find something better than 8.04 but this is it. The only thing I did was open synaptic and remove pulse audio and voila! everything worked just fine.
Thanks again Theemahn
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:46 pm

dragonfly wrote:I just had to make one last post. This Xmas Edition is absolutely Fantastic. I know I'm a little slow at figuring things out but now I've found my way around on this system I am extremely pleased with it. I never thought I would find something better than 8.04 but this is it. The only thing I did was open synaptic and remove pulse audio and voila! everything worked just fine.
Thanks again Theemahn

I agree with you on pulse audio I think they made a bad decision there, I almost removed it from Ultimate Edition 2.0 & xmas to replace it with alsa. I have written a sticky on pulse audio. Thanks for the kind comments.

Merry Xmas,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby blueboy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:50 pm

Thanks TheeMahn. You're the best! :-)
blueboy
U.E. Newbie