Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Update errors through apt-get

Ultimate Edition Software Repository

Update errors through apt-get

Postby archeryguru2000 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:58 pm

Hello all, just install Ultimate Edition earlier today. I've been using Ubuntu for a couple of years now, but decided to give this "fancier" version a try. :D Anyway, I ran an update/upgrade just now and received a couple of errors. The main concern that I have are the GPG key errors.

Code: Select all
W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used.GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net intrepid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 778978B00F7992B0

W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used.GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net intrepid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 60D11217247D1CFF

W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net jaunty Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 632D16BB0C713DA6
W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used.GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net intrepid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 43C0AFF0D7FAE680

W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used.GPG error: http://wine.budgetdedicated.com intrepid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 58403026387EE263

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/project-neon/ubuntu/dists/intrepid/Release 

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ubuntu/dists/intrepid/Release 

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-intrepid/ubuntu/dists/intrepid/Release 

W: Failed to fetch http://repoubuntusoftware.info/dists/intrepid/all/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/googlegadgets/ubuntu/dists/intrepid/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/dists/intrepid/Release 

W: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

Can anybody assist in helping my get the proper keys?

Thanks,
~~archery~~
~~archery~~
archeryguru2000
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Re: Update errors through apt-get

Postby kiwinsn » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi archeryguru....Welcome to Ultimate Edition.

A move you will not regret....we are all friends here and the others are very knowledgable :D

For your GPG problem, check this out:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2720&start=0

Cheers
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby Cell » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:39 pm

It says your running 2.3 Archerygeru....Are you?
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby archeryguru2000 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:04 am

Rock on! Now all of my GPG errors are fixed. I still have a couple of 404's left to deal with... but I believe they refer to a connection issue. Either the web-site is down, under construction, or may not exist anymore. However, I'm glad to have those keys fixed. Thanks a lot kiwinsn!

And as for your question Cell:
Cell wrote:It says your running 2.3 archeryguru....Are you?

I must haved marked the wrong box... or maybe that's the default setting... er something. Sorry for the confusion. I'm running (at least I think) version 2.1.

Thanks again,
~~archery~~
~~archery~~
archeryguru2000
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby kiwinsn » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:42 am

Very soon, my friend, all your worries (I believe) will be over....with this flavour anyway....

TheeMahn is unleashing his latest Ultimatix on the unsuspecting world...soon.....very soon.....

If you install Ultimate or, as I believe, any Ubuntu flavour, then run Ultimatix and select items through the various menus, it will install programs, restricted extras, games, codecs, your latest bathroom, fill your beer fridge and other stuff that will make you go....Whoa, there....am I only a mere user now?...Do I really only have to push my power button and it all works???..what happened to installing things with the inherited problems...This means that GPG errors may very well be a thing of the past....for those enlightened enough to join the Ultimate Edition team anyway....for the others ...yah boo, sucks to you....although I believe Ultimatix is available for all and sundry anyway...

The skill this one Mahn has continually makes me shake my head and say WTF untold times...he is that clever.

Be patient, oh grasshopper, and we will all benefit from the unselfish, talented guy...

And the support you have in this forum is second to none...I know sod all...but can occasionally impart words of advice and wisdom....but nothing compared to others residing here....

Cheers
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby slingshotsuicide » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:44 am

Hey, got a slightly different update prob here. When I apt-get update from CLI, I'm getting 404s for repos not in my sources list. Has this got something to do with ultimatix? Does it store repos somewhere else, and if so, why would apt be checking them?
The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It is functioning 100% effectively @ 50% capacity. It is approximately 75% efficient. I suggest fitting a lid of some sort.
Mine: MSI L725
Intel M740 1.73GH
nVidia Go 6600
2GB
160G pata Seagate
Intel ProWireless2200
Hers: HP dv 6000
AMD
3G
250Gb
Vista Office 2k7Ultimate (forced to play nice together with Blackboard OMFG!! Thank Moz for Firefox Don't f&*%ing ask)
Ours
HP C6280 Networked
Linksys WRT110
slingshotsuicide
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Stoner » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:50 am

Open a terminal and run
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
check the list for those repos coming up with 404s. If they are not there then I have no idea what the problem is. If they are then just comment them out with a # and then run
sudo apt-get update
Stoner
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:10 pm

Hi to you all.

the best FIX for all the key's and the 404 is just make at your home document in the name os errors.txt,
Copy/Paste the whole "errors" to a text file called "errors.txt" then run the following command in the terminal:

for i in `cat errors.txt | grep PUBKEY | awk -F "PUBKEY" '{print $2}'` ; do gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys $i ; gpg --export --armor $i | sudo apt-key add - ; done
Admin-Amir

Postby slingshotsuicide » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:16 pm

Thank you both, but I had already commented out the ones that were in sources.list, That's what's got me stumped as well. I'm making note of the "errors.txt" work around, but I'm not ready to use it yet since my greater concern is about why apt is checking repos that aren't in sources.list.

Maybe I should have started a new thread about this quirky behavior instead. Guess I'll wait awhile for now.
Last edited by slingshotsuicide on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It is functioning 100% effectively @ 50% capacity. It is approximately 75% efficient. I suggest fitting a lid of some sort.
Mine: MSI L725
Intel M740 1.73GH
nVidia Go 6600
2GB
160G pata Seagate
Intel ProWireless2200
Hers: HP dv 6000
AMD
3G
250Gb
Vista Office 2k7Ultimate (forced to play nice together with Blackboard OMFG!! Thank Moz for Firefox Don't f&*%ing ask)
Ours
HP C6280 Networked
Linksys WRT110
slingshotsuicide
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Stoner » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:20 pm

Can you post your sources list and a screenshot of your error?
Stoner
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Next

Return to Repository