Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Once you have Ultimate Edition 1.7 feel free to post...

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.7

Re: Once you have Ultimate Edition 1.7 feel free to post...

Postby Baphomet » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:49 pm

Silly question regarding the Ultimate Edition Repo's... I'm thinking those repos are in the sources list by default.
Soooo... I don't need to go in and ADD any UUE-specific repositories.

Right?
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby LeadFingers » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:28 pm

Baphomet wrote:Silly question regarding the Ultimate Edition Repo's... I'm thinking those repos are in the sources list by default.
Soooo... I don't need to go in and ADD any Ultimate Edition-specific repositories.
Right?

Right!
If you can wait a day, TheeMahn has a new upgrade script that adds TONS of goodies.
Will be posted when the repo is 100%
He will also be offering a KDE4 shortly.
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Baphomet » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:38 pm

LeadFingers wrote:Right!
If you can wait a day, TheeMahn has a new upgrade script that adds TONS of goodies.
Will be posted when the repo is 100%
He will also be offering a KDE4 shortly.

Cool. Thanks L.F. ...

"TONS of goodies", eh? I like that... And, like the earth, I too am patient.
Okay, yeah, I'm slow as well, but let's focus on my patience for now.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby delphiguy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:29 pm

Firstly, there is a problem with kubuntu-docs, I would open up Synaptic Package manager and search for "kubuntu-docs" and click to fully remove it, then turn around and install it again. I heard this works.
As for your compiz fusion issues, I think that you might need to install ccsm
sudo apt-get install ccsm
If you like the synaptic package manager better you can install it there as well. For some reason I had to install ccsm (compiz configuration settings manager [i think]) for any ability to adjust compiz settings.
Hope this helps.

Thanks I'll give it a try when I get home.
delphiguy
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby delphiguy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:19 pm

Firstly, there is a problem with kubuntu-docs, I would open up Synaptic Package manager and search for "kubuntu-docs" and click to fully remove it, then turn around and install it again. I heard this works.
As for your compiz fusion issues, I think that you might need to install ccsm
sudo apt-get install ccsm
If you like the synaptic package manager better you can install it there as well. For some reason I had to install ccsm (compiz configuration settings manager [i think]) for any ability to adjust compiz settings.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, I finally got rid of the Kubuntu-docs issue im having, and I also got Compiz Configuration Settings Manager installed. However when I play videos, the video is flaky and flickering, any ideas on how to resolve
this?

Thanks.
delphiguy
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DaddyX3 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:48 pm

Firstly, I use VLC player for my default player. This seems to play my movies much better than Mplayer. If you haven't already, you might need to install appropriate codecs. Open up Automatix and in the left hand pane click codecs and install them all. You might run into an error with one of them, but this will straighten itself out with the next update manager update.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby delphiguy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:05 am

Firstly, I use VLC player for my default player. This seems to play my movies much better than Mplayer. If you haven't already, you might need to install appropriate codecs. Open up Automatix and in the left hand pane click codecs and install them all. You might run into an error with one of them, but this will straighten itself out with the next update manager update.

Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot to say that it only happens when Compiz is enabled. Also I though that
Ultimate Edition already came with all the codecs? I will give it a try anyways when I get home from work.

Thankx.
delphiguy
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby mt_deb » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:31 am

This is one sharp distro. Great work. I am looking forward to the upgrade script and the KDE4. I am a long time Sidux user and honestly it is still on my main machine. One of the reasons I have stuck with Sidux so long is how easy it is to upgrade. So an upgrade script for Ultimate E is a fantastic way to go. IMHO anyway. Thank you to all those that post tips and tricks, it took me a few tries to get Ultimate Edition installed. I just needed to read through the forum and follow suggestions and then I was up and running in no time. Love the artwork too!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can do no great things.
Only small things with great love.
mt_deb
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:51 am

delphiguy wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot to say that it only happens when Compiz is enabled. Also I though that
Ultimate Edition already came with all the codecs? I will give it a try anyways when I get home from work.

Thankx.

Well, as far as codecs are concerned - you should be able to play some standard ones (which is what your prob. playing) but some need installed.
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby DaddyX3 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:53 am

mt_deb wrote:This is one sharp distro. Great work. I am looking forward to the upgrade script and the KDE4. I am a long time Sidux user and honestly it is still on my main machine. One of the reasons I have stuck with Sidux so long is how easy it is to upgrade. So an upgrade script for Ultimate E is a fantastic way to go. IMHO anyway. Thank you to all those that post tips and tricks, it took me a few tries to get Ultimate Edition installed. I just needed to read through the forum and follow suggestions and then I was up and running in no time. Love the artwork too!

Welcome aboard mt_deb! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay. If you have any suggestions, tips/tricks, handy links or info you'd like to share - don't be scared to post!!!!

DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.7